Page 79 of 902 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It sucks for all that got released but I do feel like it’s a bit of Karma in Braun’s case. He did bash indie wrestlers last year at the start of the pandemic for creating go fund me pages etc. basically said they were losers who should look for other jobs and not beg for hand outs while a deadly pandemic was ravaging the world. Just came off as arrogant and insensitive.
    Karma's a b.....!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    And yet Jinder and Corbin are still employed. And Tamina is a champion.

I feel bad for Liv Morgan. As obvious when they split up the Riott Squad, they have zero long-term plans for her. They just stuck her back with Ruby and now she's gone. Hope Liv likes catering.

I'd love to see Black as the new leader of the Dark Order. The group's been kinda directionless since Brodie passed.
    Absolutely.

That'll make a lot of sense and will add some star power to the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    And yet Jinder and Corbin are still employed. And Tamina is a champion.

I feel bad for Liv Morgan. As obvious when they split up the Riott Squad, they have zero long-term plans for her. They just stuck her back with Ruby and now she's gone. Hope Liv likes catering.

I'd love to see Black as the new leader of the Dark Order. The group's been kinda directionless since Brodie passed.
    Honestly, I won't be shocked if Liv Morgan asks for her release. I follow her on Instagram and Twitter it's clear she is Ruby is a personal friend inside and outside of wrestling (same with Sarah). Now that Sarah is gone, her boyfriend Bo Dallas is gone, and now Ruby and the fact WWE probably doesn't have any plans for her, it seems inevitable she either will ask for release or WWE will release her in their next wave .
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 06-02-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's a rumor going around that the company is up for sale and clearing out personal with big money contracts to entice potential buyers. It's the only reason I can see for releasing guys like Braun and Black.
    It's definitely behaving like a company does when the owners are getting ready to sell. Right now, pretty much all of the streaming companies would be interested in acquisition.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Braun Strowman getting released is INSANE to see. He's a top guy and has been booked that way for a few years. Didn't we get a story from the release of The Revival that they were released because the people were looking at high contracts and while they weren't doing much they were listed. Which had an executive decide to release them.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Honestly, I won't be shocked if Liv Morgan asks for her release. I follow her on Instagram and Twitter it's clear she is Ruby is a personal friend inside and outside of wrestling (same with Sarah). Now that Sarah is gone, her boyfriend Bo Dallas is gone, and now Ruby and the fact WWE probably doesn't have any plans for her, it seems inevitable she either will ask for release or WWE will release her in their next wave .
    At this point, Liv may as well ride it out and get as much $$$$ as she can. It sounds like she's been going back to school and preparing for her post-WWE life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Braun Strowman getting released is INSANE to see. He's a top guy and has been booked that way for a few years. Didn't we get a story from the release of The Revival that they were released because the people were looking at high contracts and while they weren't doing much they were listed. Which had an executive decide to release them.
    Most releases (in all companies) are about value. How much are they paying you vs. what's being done with you. Braun has been injured a lot.

That's the only thing I can think of.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Can we plug our own stuff? Long as I been on this board I never linked any of my stuff on here....
    You know the deal, indy guy, grinding to get better and get an eyeball or several on me...
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Most releases (in all companies) are about value. How much are they paying you vs. what's being done with you. Braun has been injured a lot.

That has to be a factor here. Plus we have to remember ...the WWE has a TON....A TON of talent right now in NXT that will need a call up. They have to clear the decks given the amount of talent they are moving up and around.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Can we plug our own stuff? Long as I been on this board I never linked any of my stuff on here....
    You know the deal, indy guy, grinding to get better and get an eyeball or several on me...
    I see people plug youtube channels etc. So I don't see an issue in this thread.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

Whenever Braun was injured he was never gone long enough to disrupt anything that was going on. Edge is a bigger liability and the company gave him everything

Definitely hope to see Murphy go to NJPW or possibly AEW.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Definitely hope to see Murphy go to NJPW or possibly AEW.
    My hope is for Murphy to do best of the super juniors if it happens this year.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Debunked. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by GozertheGozarian; 06-02-2021 at 01:33 PM.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Ultimate Member

Whatever WWE is doing, they need to be really careful.

With how low RAW's ratings and Smackdown being OK, they could easily get dragged into real competition with AEW. Braun is very much a WWE product and is one of their biggest new stars, if AEW get him and Black, they'd have legit stars that are in their prime. I know AEW said they won't take WWE cast-offs but I doubt they'd look away from legit top stars.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Morgan and Keith Lee have been released.
    Wow...just wow.

This just further buttresses my point.

WWE is letting legit guys go. This could end up being a very bad mistake IMHO.