Page 211 of 902 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. While it might suck for the individuals who were released, the vast majority of them were just people taking up spots on a roster, no one was ever paying money to watch them and they werent drawing money. WWE had, and probably still has, a bloated roster, so getting rid of them is just business. And business is not warm and cuddly and "lets keep him/her and pay them a wage because they're nice people", it's harsh and all about the bottom line.
    Are you ignoring the fact that WWE hired them in the first place? If there was no plan for them, why hire them in the first place? Some of these guys have been on the roster for just months and they've already been released. That's a very confused and chaotic company.

And secondly, why give someone a "promotion", place them on tv and fire them days after??!?

That doesn't at all make any sense at all and is needlessly cruel. That's just a toxic work environment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Plus, Vince grew the roster not *just* to horde talent, but because he was trying to do multiple shows with distinct rosters… which, while clearly more difficult than Vince wants to admit to himself each time he does it, is also something that could genuinely have been done and done well if he stopped micromanaging everything himself.

HHH *was* thinking ahead in a way Vince wasn’t because HHH was thinking of trying to basically absorb the “minor leagues” around the world… but maintain their fanbases and grow WWE’s international market share. The massive roster made perfect sense with that.

But Vince would much rather have everyone tell him he’s a creative genius who’s decades ahead of the competition through his micromanaging, and is able to hide reality from himself by leaning into how being a content creator with a stable fanbase let’s him argue the money he receives “proves” a greater “quality” to his creative product, when really it’s a separate proof of his immense business acumen.
    Exactly.

WWE was expanding its programming hence the massive roster. It wasn't just about hording talent.

The problem with WWE is it's run by an old man that's losing his stuff and is surrounded by guys that are clearly incompentent and sycophantic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

WWE was expanding its programming hence the massive roster. It wasn't just about hording talent.

The problem with WWE is it's run by an old man that's losing his stuff and is surrounded by guys that are clearly incompentent and sycophantic.
    But an old man who’s also worked his way into revenue streams that can shield his company and himself from the truth of their other lost profit potentials.

This content-provider/influencer era of WWE gives Vince all he’s ever wanted in terms of a business narrative - a perspective where he can tell himself he knows better than the audience and industry and where no Star can be made without his say so on his product, but where his bank account will continue to increase.

In a way, moving away from the US’s direct market through WWE Network and towards just showing a larger company like Fox and Peacock a steady audience that they’ll pay him for has allowed him to fully divorce himself from audience reactions he doesn’t want.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The Dalton Castle/Dragon Lee match from this week's ROH show was pretty solid for a TV match. I'd recommend watching it if you have the chance. I won't spoil the ending, but it's interesting watching how ROH are moving cards into place before the shutdown. It really comes off to me like they do plan on coming back with a relaunch. If that happens or not remains to be seen, but I don't get the feeling that they're just planning on closing the doors for good.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Being optimistic about the future is the best thing RoH can do for it's fans and roster.

Survivor Series is tonight, the card is weak to say the least. Will anyone be watching tonight or even care? Unless Lenar shows up, I figure Big E - Reigns will be the usual Bloodline beat down at the end of the PPV.

Survivor Series was better when it was five-on-five elimination matches between wrestlers who had built up an organic rivalry over several weeks or months. Now it's a glorified Raw vs. Smackdown all-star game where they prop up an artificial brand rivalry that will be completely forgotten two weeks later.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Survivor Series is tonight, the card is weak to say the least. Will anyone be watching tonight or even care? Unless Lenar shows up, I figure Big E - Reigns will be the usual Bloodline beat down at the end of the PPV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Survivor Series was better when it was five-on-five elimination matches between wrestlers who had built up an organic rivalry over several weeks or months. Now it's a glorified Raw vs. Smackdown all-star game where they prop up an artificial brand rivalry that will be completely forgotten two weeks later.

To me you have to really make Survivor Series important. I'd do this with the 3 Survival 4 man tag team matches.

You need with new NXT to really establish that getting off NXT to the main brand is no longer , OMG Kevin Owens just showed up on RAW and challenged John Cena easy. No... its gotta be a true elevation process. NXT is seen as the minor team and getting up to majors is something in storyline you see done in a way. It also adds elevation to this and your not throwing 10 NXT people on the brands and losing them soon. No ...your legit booking them well planned ahead.

So the top way to do this is the one 4 man Survivor Series match will feature 4 NXT wrestlers against 2 RAW/2 Smackdown talents now every year. The main deal for the RAW/Smackdown people is these rookies wanna make it to main roster and take a potential spot on the 2 big brands. So they have to win this match to keep them from it. If the NXT talent win the 4 talents can pick whichever brand they go to. 2 can go to RAW , 2 to Smackdown , 3 to one etc . Its whatever each talent feels.

The next night on Smackdown or RAW the talent can come out and then start their next programs with losing people possibly from Survivor Series or someone else etc.

The next Survivor Series RAW/Smackdown match is , the winning team of 4....are the ones entered into the February "Elimination Chamber" match. Those 4 will be joined by the World Champion whoever it may be.

The final Survivor Series RAW/Smackdown match will have the winning 4 meet in a Fatal Fourway the next night for #1 contender at Royal Rumble. With those teams battling to get a potential title shot. The guys can discuss how they will team up tonight and win this. Setting a stage for Fatal Fourway !

This can have 3 of these matches actually mean something now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Really enjoyed Big E/Reigns. It went a long way in establishing Big E as a guy that can hold his own with the top stars. Yeah, the clean finish wasn't great, but it didn't really make Big E look weak, as he's only on his first reign and lost to a 5-time world champion that's currently on a near 450 day domination streak. He still looked like a beast in the match itself.
    Last edited by Noodle; 11-22-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I think rains is probably going to win the WWE championship from big E

Extraordinary Member

Yeah MOTN was Big E and Reigns. Big E was looking like a main eventer. He did kinda earn the loss tho. He shoulda covered Reigns instead of that ridiculous gyrating he did over him. Like wtf???

Becky is looking good like her old self again. She was way too frail when she came back. Not sure if this Charlotte thing is a work to get her back sympathy after the Bianca thing. Sure some of those pops are being piped in.

Bianca looked great here but it's hard to get invested. Kofi,Bianca.Sasha .Bobby all humiliated at the end of their runs...Now Hit Row is fired. Vince just doesn't get it.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 11-22-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Bobby got humiliated at the end of his run

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It would make sense given the roster not being as big and to bring importance back to the WWE World Title ...having one solo champion. Also be nice to drop these awful looking titles. AEW had a nice looking World Championship. Be nice if WWE would pull out a newer homage winged eagle belt for Reigns or Big E now. I'd be behind that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Geez a (real) fan attacked Seth Rollins after his match with Finn Balor.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Footage of the fan attack
    https://streamja.com/gOmbz