Page 21 of 902 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Given how quick WWE is to jump on ANY sort of main stream media attention, I wouldn't be surprised if this Bow Wow doesn't make some sort of appearance on WWE TV soon or at the very least this Tweet to be talked about by the announcers or on WWE backstage etc.
    Of course. Vince loves to have celebrities at WrestleMania. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from WWE contacted Bow Wow first, but let him know that it should look like it was all his idea.
    Watching television is not an activity.

My friend's latest AEW video -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Probably won't happen. They stated last year the only DVDs they are going to be putting out for the foreseeable future are the PPVs. And with them selling off the Network, I question how much effort they are going to put into making new specials and documentaries anymore.
    I'd just do the wrestlers with really long careers that they can do really. Instead of everyone out there is my take. I'd hope for a Funk one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Yea that's sad. It sucks so many wrestlers are left struggling after they spend years entertaining people and putting tremendous tolls on their bodies by taking bumps week in and week out 365 days a year.
    Sadly a lot of them by the time they reach Funk's age they are really hurting. If anyone doesn't remember how Stu Hart looked at the end after years of wrestling physically. Its sad and given that Funk took part in a harder edge era with death matches in Japan etc ...his body and more is paying that price now. He was always a tough sob because I mean...the dude was in his 50's doing death matches ! Here he is near 80 and its sad. (Its said he has hip issues which is causing him a lot of pain as well)

So wanted to meet him at a show locally and have him discuss stories etc. But I can see he's not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Reminds me of this:

Ringo here though is making it more about how he is too busy to do fan mail. Funk is saying he just can't do fan mail. That he health wise can't do it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

me, my wife, son and nephew once shared an elevator with terry funk at a hotel in 2011ish. it was already late and i didn't want to bother him as he'd worked a battle royal earlier but he made small talk with us commenting to my nephew "those are some real nice sneakers" my nephew said thanks and that he got them at the nike outlet blah blah. super nice guy, after we got out of the elevator and said goodnight i asked my nephew if he knew who that was and he had no idea.

I've met ~20 "big time" wrestlers in the wild (as in, not at a show, trade event, etc.)

Funk tops the nice list. The only one nicer was Foley.

Undertaker just glared at my sister and I while we smiled like goblins in the elevator.

Jericho did not break character, as did Ishii.

I feared for my life in a tube while sitting near Ishii.

HOLY $#!+ ... that man has presence.

The rest were pretty normal for "celebrities."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The closest I've got to meeting wrestlers outside of things like conventions and the like was back in 2008-ish. It was after a Ring of Honor show (back when the company had people like Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Austin Aries and the likes). I went to a local IHOP for dinner after and after ordering a bunch of them showed up to eat. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to bug them while they were trying to eat, but it's always fun to say after Wrestlemania 30 and 31 that I saw a WWE World Champion at an IHOP.

Oh, and I was almost hit by a car The Rock was driving back in 2000. That's a fun one, too.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Of course. Vince loves to have celebrities at WrestleMania. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from WWE contacted Bow Wow first, but let him know that it should look like it was all his idea.
    Yea this is true lol

The closest I've got to meeting wrestlers outside of things like conventions and the like was back in 2008-ish. It was after a Ring of Honor show (back when the company had people like Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Austin Aries and the likes). I went to a local IHOP for dinner after and after ordering a bunch of them showed up to eat. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to bug them while they were trying to eat, but it's always fun to say after Wrestlemania 30 and 31 that I saw a WWE World Champion at an IHOP.

Oh, and I was almost hit by a car The Rock was driving back in 2000. That's a fun one, too.
    I been to live WWE shows many times over the years but haven't personally met too many wrestlers, the few I have met were at local comic con conventions.

2019 Galaxy Con Richmond, VA

Kane- Me and my friend got a picture with him ( well paid for a picture with him) and my friend bought an autograph. He seemed like he didn't want to be there to be honest, didn't say much when my friend asked him a question. But he did pep up a bit when I saw I was a long time fan of his. But again, he really didn't seem interested in being there at the comic con at all. Not sure if he was staying in kayfabe or being Major of Knox County was on his mind.

Mark Henry- Didn't get a pic with him cause he had to go to a panel but was a nice chill dude.

Summer Rae- Felt bad because NO one was going to her booth because her booth was next to the legendary Trish Stratus. But my friend and I did briefly got over to her booth to say hi. She was also somewhat flirting with dudes to attract them to her booth by flexing her butt and stuff lol. She was nice though, sadly they did her dirty by putting her next to Trish.

Sadly I did not get to met Trish as the lines for her booth the entire weekend were HOURS long. From what I could tell though is that she actually took a good amount of time with each person which was cool.

GalaxyCon Richmond 2020 (Right before COVID shut the world down)

Christian- SUPER cool dude and down to earth. We even chatted about sharing the same birthday.

Jerry The king Lawler- Actually he was just randomly walking the convention floor (not many folks were at his booth) and ended up next to me while I was looking at comic books at one of the vendors. He was also a super chill dude.

Ron Simmons- My friend met him and said he was nice. The previous day when I was going to go to his booth he looked PISSED and like he didn't want to be bother by fans. So I didn't bother him.

Lex Luger- Super depressing seeing him in a corner both with no one there and he was in a wheelchair due to his health ( didn't chat with him or anything just walked past his booth). I mean to go back but was running late for a Guardians of the Galaxy panel.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-11-2021 at 01:46 PM.

I can always find wrestlers at the IHOP whenever there's a show in my hometown. My friends were actually inconsiderate enough to bug them a bit while they were eating (and I feel guilty about that in hindsight) ... but Big Show was cool enough to actually go to our table and say bye when he and the wrestlers left. I thought that was real nice of him.

The last WWE show I attended, we entered through the wrong entrance, but before the security guards directed us toward the entrance for ticket-holders, we got to see Alexa Bliss and Asuka entering the arena together. We didn't get to talk to them, but it was interesting seeing them enter together, out of character. They were clearly friends so it's easy to see why they have matches with each other so often.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I can always find wrestlers at the IHOP whenever there's a show in my hometown. My friends were actually inconsiderate enough to bug them a bit while they were eating (and I feel guilty about that in hindsight) ... but Big Show was cool enough to actually go to our table and say bye when he and the wrestlers left. I thought that was real nice of him.
    One of my friends did that as well and I was so embarrassed. After a house show like two years ago Miz and his wife were eating at PF Changs and my friend over and bothered them. Miz was cool and took a pic with him, but I told him it was pretty rude what he did.

The New Japan show was pretty good.

They went back to White vs. Naito back in Jan 2020. The commentary seemed different to me. There was a few new camera cuts that shielded a few strike botches that showed daylight. NJPW is recutting shows like WWE now.

All in all, seems like a good show to get caught up on New Japan.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The last WWE show I attended, we entered through the wrong entrance, but before the security guards directed us toward the entrance for ticket-holders, we got to see Alexa Bliss and Asuka entering the arena together. We didn't get to talk to them, but it was interesting seeing them enter together, out of character. They were clearly friends so it's easy to see why they have matches with each other so often.
    Yea I saw Becky and Charlotte at a local gym before Smackdown one time. It was fun to see how big of friends those two are. But they were ushered away from the gym once people started to catch on about who they were.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I remember walking around Time Square during the Summer around MSG. My friend and I saw Jinder Mahal, Ember Moon, Matt Hardy and a few other wrestlers filming some promotional videos. We didn't get up close but everybody was in their ring gear.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Just when WWE couldn't get any worse. In a meeting before the Smackdown taping employees were informed that there will be no more promotions, pay raises and bonuses moving forward. Naturally, everyone in the entire company is pissed. WWE has turned working for their company into a dead end job. Keep in mind they made a $1 billion deal to put the WWE Network on Peacock. Trash company