Page 366 of 371 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 5555
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bruce Prichard has been named interim head of talent relations. Johnny Ace has been out on administrative leave.

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/sta...xHxGlEZKoCYa6g

Are you fucking kidding me? Ace is being protected. Triple H is right there.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Vince is making sure his stooges fill any vacancies (left by other stooges).
    Things I love: Batman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bruce Prichard has been named interim head of talent relations. Johnny Ace has been out on administrative leave.

BP has done the job before it makes sense. (He's also gone on record as hating the position, so I can't see him there for long)

Astonishing Member

Vince can’t allow himself to think HHH could do the job better than Vince’s more crony-like friends, and NXT’s failure to kill AEW gave him the excuse to qualify HHH as a “failure” as a talent scout.

For whatever reason, for being a guy who worships the idea of cold hard profit-seeking, Vince has a massive insecurity about his creative instincts and knowledge. HHH got a reputation for being “better than Vince,” so he had to be brought back to earth.

Pritchard and others knowing how to play the sycophant even better than HHH didn’t help.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    How are they going to pull off Ezekial / Elias tonight? One rumor I saw was they are bringing in Damian Sandow to portray Elias?
    Nah, they did a (rather obvious) split screen, like when an actor plays twins on a sitcom. I did like when Kevin Owens talked about the glue on Elias's beard.
    Watching television is not an activity.

The best thing about this Ezekial angle is acknowledging the fact he is Elias. If the WWE played it straight with the repackage the fans would have shit on it. Making it the driving force of the angle made it more entertaining than it has any right to be

Josh alexander vs eric young was great!
    Last edited by choptop; 06-22-2022 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its not an invasion right now given that Khan bought (and seemingly has no plan) with Ring of Honor. But the deal with Kenny going into Impact and winning the World title of a rival company and helped by people there.....where have we saw that before ? Where did something close to this happen before ?

But hell Impact seemingly has a better idea on using ex-ROH guys than what a major company is doing. Beyond throwing title matches on TV and doing really...nothing beyond it. (It would be one thing had there been a plan for a show or a streaming show for ROH...or hell taking one of the YouTube shows and making it ROH. But nothing for months after this major buy)
    if you think another poorly done invasion angle is better then yeah, sure. personally i'd rather kahn more or less just sit on the roh guys until he figures out xactly what they're going to do with the brand instead of doing a played out invasion angle. i'm a lot more concerned with what they're doing with aew contracted wrestlers than the roh guys. like why the fuk hasn't roosh been on tv since the ppv??

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    osh alexander vs eric young was great!
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-22-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Mighty Member

Question at AEW it seemed like Cody had reclaimed a lot of match and PPV names that were credited to Dusty back for AEW to use. Now that Cody is back with WWE does AEW lose access to all those WCW PPV and match names?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Question at AEW it seemed like Cody had reclaimed a lot of match and PPV names that were credited to Dusty back for AEW to use. Now that Cody is back with WWE does AEW lose access to all those WCW PPV and match names?
    I would assume Cody will allow them to use them if Tony cuts him a check

Here is the card for the frist WES show

Alistair Overeem vs. Moose for the World Championship

Lina Fanene (Nia Jax) vs. CJ Perry (Lana) for the Women's World Championship

The Legion of Pain (AOP) vs. BT Gunn & Kez Evans for the World Tag Team Championships

Steph de Lander (Persia Pirotta) & Anastasia vs. She Wolves for the Women's Tag Team Championships

Samuray del Sol (Kalisto) vs. Lince Dorado

Dean Muhtadi (Mojo Rawley) vs. Damo Mackle (Killian Dain)

Pre-Show: Eric Young vs. Zac Zodiac
    Pre-Show: Levis Valenzuela Jr. (No Way Jose) vs. Jody Fliesh

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

BigLbo, now and then, I've been thinking about a past remark you made about how you feel NJPW has become too Americanized. And ever since you said that, I've noticed that you're right. And it's more than just the existence of Western style heels like the Bullet Club, but all sorts of things large and small. It's sad.
    Things I love: Batman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

I'm going to skip Forbidden Door. The card for the PPV is ass. Not a single match on it I care to see. Why are their two championship fatal 4 ways? That's one too many. Roppongi Vice has no business in the winner take all tag title match. They should have challenge the winners

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    BigLbo, now and then, I've been thinking about a past remark you made about how you feel NJPW has become too Americanized. And ever since you said that, I've noticed that you're right. And it's more than just the existence of Western style heels like the Bullet Club, but all sorts of things large and small. It's sad.
    eh, once in a while i say something that makes sense. i'm glad ajpw & noah are still around, i just wish more people were exposed to it. it's a shame kento miyahara is basically unknown to the us audience.

I'm going to skip Forbidden Door. The card for the PPV is ass. Not a single match on it I care to see. Why are their two championship fatal 4 ways? That's one too many. Roppongi Vice has no business in the winner take all tag title match. They should have challenge the winners
    Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the interim AEW World championship

Will Ospreay (c) vs. Orange Cassidy for the IWGP United States title
    are enough for me to watch.

Jay White (c) vs. Hangman Page vs. Kazuchika Okada vs. Adam Cole for the IWGP World Heavyweight title
    Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Toni Storm for the AEW Women’s championship
    PAC vs. Miro vs. Malakai Black vs. Tomohiro Ishii for the AEW All-Atlantic championship
    all sound good to me and i'm interested to see
    Zack Sabre Jr. vs. the newest member of Blackpool Combat Club
    might not be the "dream card" some fantasy booked but still looks like a pretty damn solid night of wrestling to me.