Page 59 of 902 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159559 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

They did Billie Kay dirty splitting up her successful tag team then that garbage comic relief looking for work thing, Peyton must be pissed she might pull an Andrade and ask to be set free as well. I thought the Billie needing a partner and Peyton needing something to do was a work, obviously it was a shoot, smh.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    They did Billie Kay dirty splitting up her successful tag team then that garbage comic relief looking for work thing, Peyton must be pissed she might pull an Andrade and ask to be set free as well. I thought the Billie needing a partner and Peyton needing something to do was a work, obviously it was a shoot, smh.
    Peyton has been doing bikini competitions on the side since the company isn't using her. She's been quite successful placing in 2nd and 3rd in the competitions she entered.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    WWE just cleaned HOUSE today ...Samoa Joe , Bo Dallas , Mickie James and more was released today.
    I was on my lunch break at work and stumbled across What Cultures video talking about the 1 year anniversary of WWE's black Wednesday where they released of bunch of people when the pandemic was still raging strong. As soon as I finished the video I logged into Facebook to see WWE's post saying Samoa Joe, Tucker, Payton Royce, Bo Dallas and more were released. I was like Wow WWE wanted to do a repeat of last year with Black Thursday. I was sure WWE was going to use Bo Dallas in this new Alexa Bliss VS the Fiend angle, but sadly that isn't the case. Really surprised by Joe getting released. Also didn't even know Mickie James was still on the roster. I thought she had quietly retired or something.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 04-15-2021 at 12:22 PM.

How does WWE go on a firing spree and Velveteen Dream still have his job?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    wish they would lose the green coming out of every orifice make up job, Asuka rarely uses the mist anymore and she is a very attractive woman and the green mist covers that up. I prefer her NXT makeup look more. Would be funny if she lost the green make up but since she is a heel sprayed more mist though.
    Agreed I watch her yt channel she really doesn't need the make up. A more scaled back look wouldn't hurt. Damn they released Joe tho...

They never should have split up the IIconics. Such a dumb decision for no reason that did nothing in the end.

The Joe thing I think there's more to the story there. it was clear they weren't going to clear him to wrestle. Maybe he asked to be released so he could go somewhere that would allow him to. Even if they were taking him off Raw to put in that new announcer, they have, like, 17 shows. They could have easily found another spot for him.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    How does WWE go on a firing spree and Velveteen Dream still have his job?
    I think because Velveteen is one of Triple H/Hunter's guys. From what I heard, Trips is still sorta mentoring him and since there hasn't been solid evidence (at enough for WWE to fire him) Hunter will keep him around. I think I saw an interview where he was like " Velveteen is a young guy who makes mistakes and needs time to grow and make better decisions" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think because Velveteen is one of Triple H/Hunter's guys. From what I heard, Trips is still sorta mentoring him and since there hasn't been solid evidence (at enough for WWE to fire him) Hunter will keep him around. I think I saw an interview where he was like " Velveteen is a young guy who makes mistakes and needs time to grow and make better decisions" or something like that.
    WWE has been trying to rehab Hogan's image since they brought him back and fans still boo him out of the building. That's Hulk Hogan! The company needs to accept there are just some things that won't blow over. I see no future for Dream as long as he has that hanging over his head.

Astonishing Member

Samoa Joe actually makes sense. His salary is probably that of an upper mid-card guy and they aren't using him to wrestle. (Unknown if they just aren't using him or if he's not cleared) So if he's only announcing them he's way overpaid. I could see a Wade Barrett situation at some point if he decides he's done wrestling that he signs as a full time announcer.

There's several names on this list that don't make sense to me.

Did they site budget cuts this time? There's waaaaay too much talent for the WWE roster to have. Someone has to go. The Iiconics are two of my favorites--but these days being released from WWE does not mean you're pretty much done from wrestling. There are legitimately other options to pursue.

I assume WWE NXT cuts are coming later or will be unannounced like they always are.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Samoa Joe actually makes sense. His salary is probably that of an upper mid-card guy and they aren't using him to wrestle. (Unknown if they just aren't using him or if he's not cleared) So if he's only announcing them he's way overpaid. I could see a Wade Barrett situation at some point if he decides he's done wrestling that he signs as a full time announcer.

There's several names on this list that don't make sense to me.

Did they site budget cuts this time? There's waaaaay too much talent for the WWE roster to have. Someone has to go. The Iiconics are two of my favorites--but these days being released from WWE does not mean you're pretty much done from wrestling. There are legitimately other options to pursue.

I assume WWE NXT cuts are coming later or will be unannounced like they always are.
    Very true.

The wrestling landscape has really exploded and most of these guys will get work elsewhere.

The truth is WWE has a swollen roster. Now, I’m not supporting laying them off but they’ve signed too many people to do anything reasonable with them. That being said, a guy like Joe can still a whole lot if he was cleared to wrestle.

So outside of Peyton Royce and Samoa Slow, the rest of the releases aren't even on TV any more.

Extraordinary Member

The best case scenario (which means its incredibly unlikely) is that WWE is moving towards halting its “hoard all the talent” philosophy, and these releases are simply the first real expressions of a “We’re not going to use you, so we’re not going to pay you just to keep you away from others.”

More likely, it’s the business side of WWE smelling a way for someone in management to improve their standing in the company by showing a profit by “saving money.”
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mojo got hit.
    https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1382829842878586888?s=19

Who's the still employed champion now?

So is Joe going to impact AEW ROH AAA NJPW MLW NWA or other?
    Last edited by choptop; 04-17-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

The WWE is making a profit with their recent deals so I don't get why they are cutting so much.

Sucks the iiconics and Samoa Joe got cut. Good thing Billie Key already has a resume ready to go.

Samoa Joe is one of the best talkers they had. If Joe couldn't wrestle then I think they should of had him manage heel Roman Reigns instead of Heyman. Pairing MVP and Bobby Lashley worked out well.