Page 215 of 902 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 13529
    Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-28-2021 at 01:29 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

with nothing else going wrestling wise tonight, you can watch Game Changer Wrestling L.A Fights debut show for free on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GameChangerWrestlingVideo

nothing i'm super pumped for but brandon gatson vs jack cartwheel has a lot of potential.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Everyone who signed with AEW in its inception got contracts expiring. It will be interesting to see who they keep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Everyone who signed with AEW in its inception got contracts expiring. It will be interesting to see who they keep.
    The biggest knock on Khan is he is always signing people and not letting talent go. Its clear...Jim Ross needs kept. Or if your letting Ross go you need that heir to step in and get Joey Styles. But that is unlikely so Khan needs to keep Ross around in booth. (He controls the flow)

Talent needed to be cut :

Christopher Daniels : Was retired a year or 2 ago on TV. Really in his 50's there isn't much for Daniels to do in AEW
    Pac : Seems to be a mid-card heel and AEW has too many of them
    Billy Gunn & Sons : Haven't really done much at all and even a heel turn hasn't made them interesting
    Joey Janela : Nothing much I have seen.
    Penelope Ford : Nothing much I have seen.
    Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Awesome Kong : According to link below she has a contract. But she announced her retirement months ago. Could Khan have forgotten he signed her given all talent ?
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/artic...nings-releases

I think Khan has to cut some dead weight clearly. A lot like Pac and the Gunn family haven't really worked out. So release them and free up money for the coming Bray Wyatt and Kevin Steen signings in 2022. Also AJ's deal according to reports expires in Fall 2022. So...that one has to have a date circled for Tony Khan right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The biggest knock on Khan is he is always signing people and not letting talent go. Its clear...Jim Ross needs kept. Or if your letting Ross go you need that heir to step in and get Joey Styles. But that is unlikely so Khan needs to keep Ross around in booth. (He controls the flow)

Christopher Daniels : Was retired a year or 2 ago on TV. Really in his 50's there isn't much for Daniels to do in AEW
    Billy Gunn & Sons : Haven't really done much at all and even a heel turn hasn't made them interesting
    Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Awesome Kong : According to link below she has a contract. But she announced her retirement months ago. Could Khan have forgotten he signed her given all talent ?
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

I think Khan has to cut some dead weight clearly. A lot like Pac and the Gunn family haven't really worked out. So release them and free up money for the coming Bray Wyatt and Kevin Steen signings in 2022. Also AJ's deal according to reports expires in Fall 2022. So...that one has to have a date circled for Tony Khan right now.
    I don't think Daniels has been seen in AEW since he was forced to retire in his match against the Young Bucks. He's popped up in Impact and will make in appearance in NJPW Strong. I thought he was gone already

PAC is one of the biggest names of AEW and is usually involved with feuds with other big name talent. Tony is definitely not letting him go

Billy Gunn & Sons have finally made it to the main shows starting a feud with Darby Allen. Remember that Billy Gunn is the head producer for the company so he's not going anywhere.

Agreed with Janela. The guy is terrible and finally has nothing to offer the promotion. Even as a job guy AEW has Bardon Cutler and Peter Avalon that do that role far better.

Penelope Ford had a big push in the women's division before the signing of Ruby Soho and Jaime Hayter was able to come back. Introduction of the TBS title pushed her further into the background. She's worth having around if the company where gets around to having women's tag titles

Bea Priestly and Jimmy Havoc have already been released.

Agreed with Kip Sabian

I'll keep Shawn Spears around as an utility player. Have him be a midcard gatekeeper for your Daniel Gracias, Dante Martians and whatever hot young prospects the company wants to push.

I'll throw in Dr. Luthor. The guy only has a job because he's Jericho's buddy and being a deathmatch guy he can't really strive in AEW.

Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

I agree with most of what you're saying, except for Pac. He's not going back to WWE, as things ended badly for him there with the Enzo controversy. And just about every other promotion wouldn't have a place for him as good as the spot he has in AEW. And AEW is a better place with a guy like Pac who can transition from high-flyer to powerhouse and back again.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I was enjoying Reigns heel turn initially but now its too much.

It's now become pointless because he never loses and apparently is only under real threat from Brock Lesnar. He's beaten most of the top guys and beat the WWE Champion clean (I don't know why the face WWE Champion will be losing clean, that hurts him more than it builds up Roman).

It's now boring. WWE as a whole is just unnecessarily (and i stress the unnecessarily) boring. They have (or at least had) a very talented roster but it's the same matches with the same guys virtually every single week.

Who in WWE thinks this is good content? It's boring, it's stale and its unnecessary.
    Agreed 100% romin as heel is now as bad as whan he was a face

Bea Priestly
    Jimmy Havoc
    Kip Sabian
    Shawn Spears

Daniel's Kong priestly and havock are already gone I agree kip sapian and janeka need to go disagree on the rest pac and Spears are really good.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    PAC is one of the biggest names of AEW and is usually involved with feuds with other big name talent. Tony is definitely not letting him go
    Amen. PAC right now has potential one-off match opponents or feuds out there that could be huge if Tony just set them in motion. Punk, Danielson, Malakai, I could go on and on.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

He is the current AEW Head of Talent Relations and Interpromotional Ambassador. He's not going anywhere as his major role is backstage. Take him off screen, 100% agree however.
    Full on disagree with this one. He's in the Mr. Perfect/Curt Hennig role. He's the ceiling and used to move guys up and down. Plus, he has worked big story lines and just started one.
    They just got promoted and got a main storyline. Plus daddy is one of the big backstage guys. They're not going anywhere. Billy wants less screen time and this story line seems to be doing just that.
    Janela's fun and is working a great heel gimmick right now. He can go twenty or thirty minutes in any type of match and with anybody. He's a good hand to have and has been a trade scout for AEW (he goes to PWG or GCW or Warrior Wrestling and tells them who to get and who AEW should let work as a trade. He brought in Thunder Rosa, Sammy Guevara, most of Top Flight, Lee Moriarty, Leylah Hirsch, Daniel Garcia, and a few others)). Maybe he gets a different type of deal? Maybe have him work with Daniels on the talent stuff? He seems to be beloved by all. He has a VERY different style than anybody in AEW, he really needs to step up with what little time he has left.
    She just got married to Kip, so wherever he goes, she goes IMHO. The women's division is ripe with talent and they have better available.
    Bea Priestly
    Signed with WWE in June ... working as Blair Davenport in NXT.
    Jimmy Havoc
    Was cut in 2020 due to the DV issues.
    Contract expired in June; was not renewed.
    Kip Sabian
    Matt Sydal, Jay Lethal, Ethan Page, Daniel Garica, Dante Martin, Lee Moriarty ... they bring the same thing or more than Kip. I think he's a goner.
    Shawn Spears
    I don't much care for him but there are rumors he's heading to Impact to be with his spouse.

I didn't see Private Party on your list. They're up this year and I don't think they'll be brought back. They've been booked poorly. The Acclaimed fill that niche better IMHO even though Private Party are the better workers.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-29-2021 at 02:30 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think the Acclaimed are the better workers. Private Party work a spot monkey heavy style that only work with other teams that work that style. Acclaimed are far more versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Agreed 100% romin as heel is now as bad as whan he was a face
    who is even left to be considered a legit challenge to him at this point that the fans will even think has a chance? Every match just ends with him and the Uso's beating someone down. Reigns vs Lenar at the Royal Rumble will be the next big match I would guess? Maybe Mcintyre at Mania?

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    who is even left to be considered a legit challenge to him at this point that the fans will even think has a chance? Every match just ends with him and the Uso's beating someone down. Reigns vs Lenar at the Royal Rumble will be the next big match I would guess? Maybe Mcintyre at Mania?
    McIntyre is the only one at this point. If he falls to Roman then only a part timer will take the belt from him

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    There's plenty of people WWE just needs to put effort into them I'd call up Kyle O'Reilly myself.

Astonishing Member

https://www.rohwrestling.com/watch

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Signed with WWE in June ... working as Blair Davenport in NXT..
    UK
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-30-2021 at 12:39 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player