Page 33 of 902 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133533 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hearing that the current plan is to have Lacey Evans beat Asuka for the belt and do Lacey vs Charlotte for the title. Asuka bout to get screwed out of mania again to give Charlotte a title match.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hearing that the current plan is to have Lacey Evans beat Asuka for the belt and do Lacey vs Charlotte for the title. Asuka bout to get screwed out of mania again to give Charlotte a title match.
    Lacey isn't winning anything right now. No way in hell is WWE letting a pregnant woman wrestle.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Lacey isn't winning anything right now. No way in hell is WWE letting a pregnant woman wrestle.
    The pregnancy is real? I thought the angle with Flair took a dumb turn. Oh well, congrats to her.

The pregnancy is real? I thought the angle with Flair took a dumb turn. Oh well, congrats to her.
    Both. The pregnancy is real and they used it to make the angle with Flair make a dumb turn to write her off TV.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

That seemed to be the plan before Lacey got pregnant

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

so it is Christian as the Hall Of Famer signing with AEW.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The INSTANT CLASSIC is back ! Good to see him back after so long.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

"The ending where Paul Heyman can't unlock Roman Reigns cuffs in time is one of the worst botched endings ever!"

AEW Exploding Deathmatch Production Crew: "Hold my beer"

Ultimate Member

That has to be one of the worst ending to a PPV I’ve ever seen.

Although, the whole exploding death match thing sounded stupid in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

The Match itself was great, the finish just blew it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Funny enough, I didn't like the match either.

Far too gimmicky...the light sparks and smoke that the guys pretended were serious explosions were far too silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    And it's a shame, because the match will always be overshadowed by the finish. Not to mention Kingston coming out after was great storytelling that was ruined by the lack of danger it was trying to portray.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Funny enough, I didn't like the match either.

Far too gimmicky...the light sparks and smoke that the guys pretended were serious explosions were far too silly.
    That type of match style really is an acquired taste. Even the old Japanese death matches. You either love it or hate it. There never really seems to be a middle.

Astonishing Member

while I am sure the Shaq match and the FTR/Tully stuff is better for the long term health of AEW to be on free TV (more eyes et al) it is strange that they were on the week of a PPV.

Mighty Member

Default AEW pay-per-view 03072021

I had not seen any AEW until yesterday. (A friend invited me over for the pay-per-view.)

Over-all, not bad. Based on last night's show, it seems that AEW generally does a better job of keeping a consistent tone than WWE. (If I am wrong, bear in mind that I know nothing about AEW other than what was on last night.) Much like WWE, being able to enjoy AEW requires a recognition and acceptance that kayfabe is long dead, and what wrestling is now.

The pre-show women's match was fun. Classic heel antics. And, the ref seemed to be appropriately distracted, rather than impossibly stupid. The faux-broken leg of one of the heels was nicely sold (and undersold) as appropriate.

The men's rumble was much better paced than the WWE men's rumble.

And, I really like how Cody Rhodes is handled. He is a solid "owner bad guy", by showing not telling. (Why is "show, not tell" such a rarity in wrestling now?")

Unfortunately, the main events were bollux.

The cinematic match with Sting made me nostalgic for last year's "WWE Money in the Bank" or the WWE Woman's Karaoke Contest, which is like saying that I am nostalgic for that time I had pneumonia. Easily the worst match/segment that I have seen in a long time.

The "exploding barbed wire death match" was more of a let-down than I had expected. There were some well-done spots and clever moments. But, when landing on barded wire becomes routine, there is a problem, even before the non-explosion. (I am pretty sure that Gilberg's old WWE pyro was more threatening.)

I might go track down some AEW on YouTube.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/