Page 69 of 902 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 13529

Arrow Re:

My real-life friend from Canadian dropped a short video about Cody's "infamous" Dynamite promo last night. He brings up a couple of points I had not considered such as MJF stating how well AEW did last week on TSN (in Canada) and how this might turn off some fans there -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I wonder if Cody will ever pick his feud with MJF back up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    have i ever mentioned that i hate jericho, his face in particular?? i won't really mind seeing the circle break up, they've done a good job melding as a unit but never seemed like a natural fit. it will be a travesty we never get the sammy/jericho "yo i'm cuban b!!" moment though. hopefully santana & ortiz get a good tag title push soon.
    I'm a Jericho mark, so no comment.

I do think Sammy vs. Jericho is coming before you know it. Jericho really likes working with that kid and Sammy appears to have lots of favor among the lockerroom. Sammy, Page, Darby, Sky, Moxley, MJF, & Miro seem to be the best options to build up IMHO as the big scene of AEW.

i didn't take it as a slight to lucha at all, just after reading the kind of things you said took you out of north american(and i'd imagine european as well) wrestling that would've been the last things i'd xpect to bother you about lucha.
    Yeah, I am weird.

out of curiosity how do you feel about shoot style, modern or old??
    Indifferent. If it's done well, it is done well. I was a big ol' advocate for Pancrase back in the day. I think that is when my love of Shibata and Minoru. I'm not super into legit fighting either, largely because the matches are too short.

pretty sure we've talked about this before at some point over the years, but what is your preference in puro and when did you get into it??
    I'm not sure we have.

Ultimo Dragon via WAR tape trading got me into puro. I wasn't a big mainstay ECW fan but when guys like Jericho, Ikuto Hidaka, Dick Togo, & TAKA showed up ... I loved those matches. Masato Tanaka, too.

I was big into Inokism and All-Japan in the 90s. Even had a college bball team named Inokism! The Great Muta really cemented my love of Japanese wrestlers and that style. Mutoh is one of my all time favorites. Liger, Chono, and Dragon helped, too. WCW's mid 90s love of Japan was another great window.

I didn't really get into NJPW until the late 2000s, when I watched Shinsuke Nakamura and Chono in person at Nagoya ball out against Yuji and Milano! I had never seen a DA MELTZ 4.5 star match in person and then I got to see 2. That was when I became a Shinsuke mark.
    i'd love to see honma & makabe because if not now it will probably never happen and i'd love to see my man goto get a chance to shine out here.
    Man, me too. I do think whomever comes will be people already here. So probably a lot of BC (Jay, KENTA, Tonga, etc) is my guess. I know Rocky has been shown a lot lately but there are not a lot of CHOAS stateside I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder if Cody will ever pick his feud with MJF back up.
    It sounds like that is coming. The split of the Inner Circle sounds like they're moving Jericho over to work with Kenny because an Omega & Jericho vs. Tana & Okada Dome/US arena megashow is something Kahn & NJPW want sooner than later.

Which opens up MJF and Sammy or Page for the title scene and Cody will need to be the one to carry that story to elevate MJF. I think Page and Sammy can get themselves into that scene rather easily without much help. I imagine Mox will be circling that, too.

Random aside:
    The Roku Channel's NJPW show this week will be showing the Osaka Jo Hall between Kazuchika Okada and EVIL which I think was during the New Japan Cup. It was a really good match, IMHO, and I'm not a huge fan of EVIL's work.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-13-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

For those of you complaining, the OC vs. Omega match is now OC vs. PAC vs. Omega.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    For those of you complaining, the OC vs. Omega match is now OC vs. PAC vs. Omega.
    Bleah. But PAC's addition I guess increases the chances (slightly) of Omega losing.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Bleah. But PAC's addition I guess increases the chances (slightly) of Omega losing.
    I kind of think dropping to PAC for a short run might be fun but ............

Omega can't lose right now. Sadly.

Impact Wrestling has joined Roku and Zelina Vega is coming back to WWE

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I mean, Zero odds is still zero

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    hahaha, true
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    hahaha, true
    It went from 0/100 to 0/30.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I admit I haven't watched much ROH in years. But adding a cartoony villain who speaks in a high voice and is very Venture Bros. is pretty awesome to see. No clue who Danhausen is but he plays comic evil very well.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I admit I haven't watched much ROH in years. But adding a cartoony villain who speaks in a high voice and is very Venture Bros. is pretty awesome to see. No clue who Danhausen is but he plays comic evil very well.

OMG!

Return of the slapstick.

They have such great chemistry ... I hope it translate to ringwork, too.

I watched an OOC interview after watching this. He said he wants to do an animated show and other stuff as well as wrestling. THIS COULD BE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Impact Wrestling has joined Roku
    What does that mean? Are they going to have all the tv shows and ppvs on there?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    OMG!

Return of the slapstick.

They have such great chemistry ... I hope it translate to ringwork, too.

I watched an OOC interview after watching this. He said he wants to do an animated show and other stuff as well as wrestling. THIS COULD BE IT.

And to shock of EVERYONE.......Jim Cornette likes the guy and laughed at his promos. He won't watch him wrestle because he sure is it will kill his idea of the guy. But he loves the promos he does. (People sent cameos to Cornette of him) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    And to shock of EVERYONE.......Jim Cornette likes the guy and laughed at his promos. He won't watch him wrestle because he sure is it will kill his idea of the guy. But he loves the promos he does. (People sent cameos to Cornette of him) .
    He's a big Conan O'Brien fan, too.

Here it is ... THE FUTURE OF PRO WRESTLING ...