Page 798 of 902 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808848898 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 13529

Dave is live on the f4wonline Youtube account and said:

“Punk wanted to go there (WWE) and the decision was a no."

Dave added things could change if WWE experiences a downturn but right now the decision was made to not bring him in.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Roll of quarters was a signature of his in his heel run in New Japan and Impact. If the talent involved had no issue with it then I don't see the problem
    Yea, I actually thought it was clever nuanced writing, once I realized the subtle nod to MJF's pseudo origin was noticed by me. With clearly now MJF using the subtle moment, as was seemingly the plan from the beginning, to make positive statement. Using Juice's longtime inoffensive heel schtick to make a positive point.

Good Dynamite. I'm still a tad underwhelmed with Swerve's ring work if I'm honest. I can't say I've seen him wrestle well enough outside of wrestling Darby and Nick Wayne types, seems to work better with younger speedier types. Swerve seems like he's gotten a little bigger, I don't know, but something isn't clicking with me right now with Swerve. Seems overrated. Solid wrestler but strikes me as nothing more, and there are a lot of "solids" in the wrestling world, you gotta stand out. It feels like someone decided Swerve paid his dues, is owed something, but I don't see Swerve showing me he's reached a peak level.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-11-2023 at 06:54 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I believe WWE hasn't been in talks with him. WWE has to come out with this to temper expectations for Survivor series. Can't have the show being hampered by something they won't deliver on.
    Which is true. They likely had to make a statement after Shinsuke used the GTS because it likely sent things into over drive. Given the lines used for weeks before this.

My stance is...even if they were in talks , they aren't gonna admit it because it could be a tampering deal possibly if someone admitted it. If Khan has NFL lawyers tampering cases are a big deal there. (KC had to surrender draft pick over tampering claims years ago)

AEW fans weren't ok with Christian saying things about Jack Perry dad but it eventually became a meme. MJF has gone this personal in his feuds before. Just never on the receiving end. I'll wait how this plays out.
    AEW fans would have never survived the Attitude Era and late 90s. If they believe this is bad , jeeze ...please never watch old Attitude Era shows on Peacock lol.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

More people were talking about KENTA than Punk when Shinsuke used the GTS, KENTA was even trending a bit, as was Itami.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    More people were talking about KENTA than Punk when Shinsuke used the GTS, KENTA was even trending a bit, as was Itami.
    Well judging by google search , a lot of articles were written of .."Susuke uses CM Punk's finisher !"

With one article making a point to detail that Kenta made the move. And yes there are Kenta articles too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=who+...t=gws-wiz-serp

(I was trying to get my phone to do pic of the search....still sorting out how to use it)

Now a good many could know it as Punk's finisher here because he used it. Even if Kenta invented it and people are still angry that the WWE wouldn't let someone use the move after he left. Kenta did get to use it though once or twice in WWE. But someone got hurt and they never let be used again.

But search shows half/half here article wise.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    KENTA called out Shunsuke on X, which is probably why he was tending on it over Punk.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Nice to see NXT fans in attendance get some love from the WWE Superstars. Would rather spend 3 hours in the NXT audience then any other audience now a days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW fans would have never survived the Attitude Era and late 90s. If they believe this is bad , jeeze ...please never watch old Attitude Era shows on Peacock lol.

That tasteless Mae-Young-Giving-Birth-To-A-Hand shit can stay in the garbage where it belongs.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Which is true. They likely had to make a statement after Shinsuke used the GTS because it likely sent things into over drive. Given the lines used for weeks before this.

My stance is...even if they were in talks , they aren't gonna admit it because it could be a tampering deal possibly if someone admitted it. If Khan has NFL lawyers tampering cases are a big deal there. (KC had to surrender draft pick over tampering claims years ago)

The attitude era shows on Peacock come with content warnings. Even then they have censored some of the content. Makes me wish the network was still a thing.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

AEW fans weren't ok with Christian saying things about Jack Perry dad but it eventually became a meme. MJF has gone this personal in his feuds before. Just never on the receiving end. I'll wait how this plays out.
    its a double call back, both with juice using it as a weapon and max's past. it was more than likely max's idea.

as soon as i saw it, i knew someone was gonna take it that way but i understood the reference. juice wasn't gonna go toe to toe with max on the stick, so this was a good way to unnerve max.

as a reminder, vince has dropped the N-word on PPV in front of booker T. so yeah, i've seen and heard worse.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    That tasteless Mae-Young-Giving-Birth-To-A-Hand shit can stay in the garbage where it belongs.
    lol… I remember watching with friends in our hey day and we all burst out laughing. One of the guys tossing his cheerios just made the scene.

The attitude era shows on Peacock come with content warnings. Even then they have censored some of the content. Makes me wish the network was still a thing.
    Yeah that sucks for sure. I hated how WWE edited out ECW on the network. All the cool music and more was cut out.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Tony Khan needs to log out the Internet. He's engaging fans over last night ratings

Tony Khan needs to log out the Internet. He's engaging fans over last night ratings
    Yeah he’s not going to win an internet argument. Plus come on Tony…. you’re a boss here. You shouldn’t be doing this any how.

I said it weeks ago that Khan needs a more Vince McMahon approach at times. Not doing the crazy crap Vinnie Mac did as we know. Just there are some things better done really. Not argue with fans on the internet lol.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the way i see it is this: NXT did beat AEW. but look what it took for them to do it. they put everything behind it so it could beat a one off ep of dynamite on a tuesday. its gonna go back to the status quo because knight, cody, cena, and especially taker aren't coming back to boost their ratings. not saying that they suck, because i don't watch NXT anymore, but it just shows how little faith they have in NXT as a brand.