Page 335 of 902 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435835 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 13529

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Wasn't a fan of the swerve at the end of Rampage
    I don't get it. Are they trying to make Sammy a face again?

Because I have Peacock now, I decided to go back and check out all those early Wrestlemania events. I gotta say...most of the matches from the first four Wrestlemania do not hold up well. In fact, only 3 matches held any real interest for me in the here and now.

Wrestlemania 2 - The British Bulldogs win the tag team titles from Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Brutus Beefcake. This one is more because of how big a fan of The British Bulldogs I was than the quality of the match overall.

Wrestlemania 3 - Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat beats "Macho Man" Randy Savage for the Intercontinental title. Just a flat out awesome match.

Wrestlemania 4 - "Macho Man" Randy Savage wins the heavyweight championship over Ted DiBiase. I would've liked it a bit more if Hogan's interference wasn't the key factor at the end of the match, but still it was a cool re-watch.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Paul London discussed a few things in a shoot.

- On Chris Jericho : At one Royal Rumble one year London was supposed to have a bit of a series against Rene Dupree. Dupree was due to be eliminated by Chris Jericho that year. So Dupree proposed that he'd catch London and beat him on awhile and finally Paul hits him with a kick and stuns him. As Jericho arrives and eliminates him. Jericho objected in the back over it as London claimed he politiced again. (RVD has said in shoots Jericho was like this too over matches as well)

So what irks London was he had won this Cruiserweight battle royal or something to get into Rumble and he thought he'd get awhile in it. He didn't expect a Diesel push or anything. Just to be awhile since they had done that. But that was the year Gene Snitsky was getting that push for kicking a baby etc on TV. So he was gonna be eliminated minutes in by him. So London was like...fine then , I'll just do a spectacular bump and sell Snitskey big. So he took a clothesline off the apron and did a shooting star from the impact , crashing to the floor off it !

As he details they knew he was gonna do a big bump off elimination and he never told them to keep replaying it over n over. Or to send out a stretcher for him. So he gets stretchered out and he is backstage as Pat Patterson (who he praises as a good man) comes up smiling and praising that bump as spectacular ! That it was the best thing he saw.

So Patterson starts stopping EVERYONE backstage excited at what he saw. Michael Hayes was asked if he saw it by him. Hayes..."It was good ....maybe...too good." Then Pat stopped Shane McMahon who gave a look of... "Yeah...." Like he didn't like it either. So London and Patterson are like WTF.

- London claims he was taken off TV over it for weeks. Now people do these big Rumble spots and they show his spot at times he took. Then he got heat over it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Today it was announced Ric Flair will wrestle his last match on July 31st at Nashville Fairgrounds. Flair will be 73 years old.

If no one had been watching Flair had started working out and posted working out videos with Jay Lethal. Where he was practicing slams and working a practice match.

I kinda hope that they can convince Sting or get Ricky Steamboat to come back for the last match deal to work this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I think Ric Flair wants to die in the ring. Like he saw The Wrestler and thought the ending was a happy one.

"Ric Flair's Last Match (until the next one)!"
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Lou Thesz was 74 in 1990 and he worked his last match in Japan. Terry Funk was also in his 70s and worked his final match in 2010s.

Flair seems to want to go out on his terms. Like how Sting is doing it in AEW. I hope they do have Sting there for this.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Lol, my thought exactly. Brought to you by "Terry Funk's Last Match (until the next one)!"

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Funk is Flair's last opponent (though he probably won't be), Funk is crazy enough to try it. Senior-aged and crazy.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-16-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Lol, my thought exactly. Brought to you by "Terry Funk's Last Match (until the next one)!"

I wouldn't at all be surprised if Funk is Flair's last opponent (though he probably won't be), Funk is crazy enough to try it. Senior-aged and crazy.
    Funk is 80 and has said he can't do any traveling far off or can sign mailed in pictures anymore. I doubt he will be at this.

I can sense its gonna be someone Flair trusts to work with him. Could be Lethal since he practiced with Flair awhile.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Rumors are swirling about Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out on Raw because they didn't agree with the creative direction of the main-event.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Rumors are swirling about Sasha Banks and Naomi walking out on Raw because they didn't agree with the creative direction of the main-event.
    Looks like it's not just rumors. The WWE responded to this saying the 2 women walked out today.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Naomi and Sasha dropped the titles and went home. Talk about frustration.

These ladies have been VERY BADLY booked for a while now.

For them to walk out on the show, the main event must have been something really problematic for them.

EDIT: some people are saying it’s a work given the wording of WWEs statement. This is a solid “let’s wait and see”.
    Last edited by Username taken; 05-16-2022 at 08:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    EDIT: some people are saying it’s a work given the wording of WWEs statement. This is a solid “let’s wait and see”.
    Maybe, but WWE have dealt with Sasha's unprofessionalism before.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It's like an aging rock band announcing their "Farewell Tour."
    Watching television is not an activity.