Page 518 of 902 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528568618 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

I haven’t been watching much wrestling lately (I don’t find much interesting in it beyond the bloodline drama which has gone on for too long) but I’m reading that William Regal might be going back to WWE.

Why? He has a rather prominent role in AEW. I guess because Vince is gone a lot of guys want to go back.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    how can the bucks refuse to drop titles they don't have?? i love the logic that ftr is supposed to go over in the trilogy just because you're feelings are hurt over cm punk.

SWEET!!
    To explain a 3rd time...The Bucks had the titles in summer. They lost them to Swerve in July. Yes this is what I have said a few times.

They logically should have lost to FTR here. To complete the belt collection angle and repay the favor. But they wouldn't do business the right way so f--'ck em.

Edit : I'd rather be a Punk fan than a Young Bucks fan honestly. One guy gave us years of great memories. The other 2 guys will be remembered for copying the NWO gesture and one dude getting his ass kicked by a one armed man with a bad foot.
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 12-04-2022 at 11:30 AM.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I haven’t been watching much wrestling lately (I don’t find much interesting in it beyond the bloodline drama which has gone on for too long) but I’m reading that William Regal might be going back to WWE.

Why? He has a rather prominent role in AEW. I guess because Vince is gone a lot of guys want to go back.
    It's very wild that FTR , Regal , Andrade , and Brian Cage at one point want out. There is something going on behind closed doors there and it's not all CM Punk's fault.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Extraordinary Member

Regal's close friends with Triple H. He probably wants to go back to working for his buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Its sad but expected. Been a long rumor for weeks that Regal was leaving. I remember even Cornette said he'd be back in WWE weeks ago.

Could be as simple as seeing exactly what that amounted to once the rubber hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It's very wild that FTR , Regal , Andrade , and Brian Cage at one point want out. There is something going on behind closed doors there and it's not all CM Punk's fault.
    That you've got a broken leg won't change the reality that an arm being chopped off is easily a more pressing matter.

I love Drama in wrestling. Not so much the backstage drama that effects the product put in front of us.
    1. If you sign the checks and talent doesn't want to do the job, then there is the door.
    2. If you sign the checks and you do what talent wants, then others will take that door.
    3. If you sign the checks, you better be flexible but nonwavering or else the talent will eat you up.
    4. If you sign the checks, the time of being a fanboy is over
    5. If you sign the checks, put competent people around you to help with decisions, that is NOT talent.
    6. If you sign the checks, You better be able to describe your vision clearly and have those from #5 help you with that vision.

Seems AEW, as has been said before, needs management that has a backbone and is not a fanboy.

Barry Windham in ICU after Heart Attack over the weekend.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1126851...ncy-procedure/

GoFundMe set up for him too.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I love Drama in wrestling. Not so much the backstage drama that effects the product put in front of us.
    1. If you sign the checks and talent doesn't want to do the job, then there is the door.
    2. If you sign the checks and you do what talent wants, then others will take that door.
    3. If you sign the checks, you better be flexible but nonwavering or else the talent will eat you up.
    4. If you sign the checks, the time of being a fanboy is over
    5. If you sign the checks, put competent people around you to help with decisions, that is NOT talent.
    6. If you sign the checks, You better be able to describe your vision clearly and have those from #5 help you with that vision.

Seems AEW, as has been said before, needs management that has a backbone and is not a fanboy.
    The Kliq has been laughing at this idea for twenty five years.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Dustin Rhodes announced over weekend he will be retiring after 2023.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Dustin Rhodes announced over weekend he will be retiring after 2023.
    I hope Dustin had fun and he doesn't have anything more to prove, having had big matches everywhere. His great (singles) matches are kinda few and far between, to be honest, but he was a great worker at times. Sadly, various forces (most probably outside his control) I think often kept him from realizing his full potential as a talent.

I will always kind of think of Dustin like Barry Windham I think.

Some of my very subjective idiosyncratic list of recommended Dustin singles matches:
    Dustin vs Ted Dibiase WWF Superstars 11/3/90
    Dustin vs Vader WCW Clash Champions 11/16/94 (I think this might be my favorite Dustin match, this being the version of Dustin I most preferred)
    Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin Havoc 1991
    Cody vs Dustin AEW
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-05-2022 at 02:42 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Barry Windham sadly became NWA World Champion too late then. Had the natural course followed and in an alternate Universe where Crockett didn't try to buy UWF and all...

Barry would have turned against the Horsemen and been a World champion before he did. Flair called a thoroughbred in ring in his prime. Barry could go 60 and longer.

He basically was made a Horsemen because Flair loved his work.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05
    I hope Dustin had fun and he doesn't have anything more to prove, having had big matches everywhere. His great (singles) matches are kinda few and far between, to be honest, but he was a great worker at times. Sadly, various forces (most probably outside his control) I think often kept him from realizing his full potential as a talent.

I will always kind of think of Dustin like Barry Windham I think.

Some of my very subjective idiosyncratic list of recommended Dustin singles matches:
    Dustin vs Ted Dibiase WWF Superstars 11/3/90
    Dustin vs Vader WCW Clash Champions 11/16/94 (I think this might be my favorite Dustin match, this being the version of Dustin I most preferred)
    Dustin Rhodes vs. Steve Austin Havoc 1991
    Cody vs Dustin AEW
    This was pretty good. I gotta check out the others.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68