Page 108 of 902 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    anybody watch impact tonight??
    me

M O T Y C
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-23-2021 at 03:29 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

WALTER/Dragunov II and the Women's Title match (I don't want to spoil anything for those that don't read them) at Takeover?

Man that show's looking good!
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Allegedly the Rock is going to come back in Survivor Series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Would make since, it's the anniversary of his debut

Ultimate Member

And there are rumors that WWE want Strowman back (???)

It also sounds like AEW have all but signed CM Punk.

That's a massive, massive get. If they manage they get him and Brian, then AEW have the two biggest pro-wrestling stars of the modern era not named Cena or Reigns.

It's a complete game changer and it puts AEW in a very, very strong position going forward.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I guess he's going to face Reigns.

Meaning Reigns will keep that title until Survivor Series (sighs).

I love Roman's Reign (pun fully intended) but it can get a bit stale if we know he's not going to lose to anyone until later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I love Roman's Reign (pun fully intended) but it can get a bit stale if we know he's not going to lose to anyone until later in the year.
    Well, yeah, but we knew he wasn't going to lose to Cena at Summerslam anyway, as Cena has a TV series to film. Oh, and of course, we will probably get a few teases of Big E cashing in the briefcase in the lead-up to Survivor Series.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

You really think he'll drop to the Rock? Rock is neck deep in hollywood projects to even have a fluff reign with the belt.

Extraordinary Member

There's no chance of Reigns losing before he's face Cena, Rock, and Brock

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

god please no. i have no desire to see punk live out his mma fantasies on tv.
    I don't think Punk is doing a MMA gimmick in AEW. Since he's 0-1 there. (His 2nd loss was removed as that guy tested positive for something)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I admit I did laugh at Khan's signings for awhile. Due to him signing 2 guys in roles no one really believes they fit (as announcers) and the entire thing looked like a waste of money.

But with reports claiming Punk has signed with the company....he signed 2 of the big free agents he needed. He got 2 stars and props to that.

So this is money spent wisely for sure.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I don't think Punk is doing a MMA gimmick in AEW. Since he's 0-1 there. (His 2nd loss was removed as that guy tested positive for something)
    i don't mean as a gimmick, i mean what he does in the ring.

also that's kind of hilarious in an ironic kind of way. the straight edge guy becomes joke of the mma community by getting his ass kicked by a jobber that tests positive for weed. ufc then brings jobber back because they don't care about weed anymore.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-24-2021 at 06:23 AM.

i don't mean as a gimmick, i mean what he does in the ring.

also that's kind of hilarious in an ironic kind of way. the straight edge guy becomes joke of the mma community by getting his ass kicked by a jobber that tests positive for weed. ufc then brings jobber back because they don't care about weed anymore.
    I don't really see it as a joke. Punk was in his late 30's , had 2-3 years of injuries and trying to train to get himself caught up well enough for what he was trying to do. I said it then ; not many thought he would be successful. Everything was saying it wouldn't work. Props to Punk for trying it , not many late 30's pro wrestlers would.

Extraordinary Member

Punk’s MMA career never even really gained the notoriety to be a mark against him - plenty of other wrestlers have their lack of actual fighting skill known to the public.

Now, I would say that AEW should pretty quickly decide whether or not anyone like Jake Hagar’s actual MMA success should be referenced in regards to Punk; WWE, even without their history with Punk, would be liable to bring it up for a cheap promo attack from his opponents, but it wouldn’t really serve AEW’s long term purposes to do so.

If he’s really back, I’d say just focusing on his in-ring character and promo work as a wrestler should be the main strategy to use with him.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

So now it's Reigns vs. Balor at Sumer-slam and Cena's left out in the cold. Well, we knew he wouldn't stick around for long as he does have a TV series to film. But the question is, will Cena have a different opponent for Summer-slam or just disappear to go on late night talk shows to promote The Suicide Squad?
    Watching television is not an activity.