Page 232 of 902 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332732 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yes, that is the same allegation that was made back then.

do you know what "speaking out" #speakingout is??
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That is the speaking out allegation

When I think of "speaking out" I think of the girl who actually brought it up to start this. Not Marty "speaking out" since he basically just confirmed it and then tried to say it was consensual and 16 being the legal age of consent wasn't the point etc. Following it up that his fans should not harass her online and how she was a fan of wrestling and felt unsafe now.

Sorry that is just me. I think she was "speaking out.." Not Marty.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So basically I was listening to Ric Flair (even if Mark Madden is terrible to listen to) and he gave props to both Hangman Page & Bryan Danielson for the 1 hour long match they had. That it takes good conditioning etc to do that and how it worked. He joked Danielson isn't Ricky Steamboat but gave the 2 props as he saw the match.

A big thing was Flair constantly did 1 hour long matches in the 1980's from what he detailed. Out of 52 weeks a year he'd have an hour long match at least 50 weeks of the year and possibly a couple each week during tours in Florida etc.

So can you imagine the physical conditioning Ric Flair was under to handle that ? Guy had to have great stamina to do that and to do it constantly for weeks and years.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So basically I was listening to Ric Flair (even if Mark Madden is terrible to listen to) and he gave props to both Hangman Page & Bryan Danielson for the 1 hour long match they had. That it takes good conditioning etc to do that and how it worked. He joked Danielson isn't Ricky Steamboat but gave the 2 props as he saw the match.

A big thing was Flair constantly did 1 hour long matches in the 1980's from what he detailed. Out of 52 weeks a year he'd have an hour long match at least 50 weeks of the year and possibly a couple each week during tours in Florida etc.

So can you imagine the physical conditioning Ric Flair was under to handle that ? Guy had to have great stamina to do that and to do it constantly for weeks and years.
    Agreed he probably had great stamina. But he wasn't exactly doing flying elbows or power moves every 5 mins. Flair worked smarter not harder. A lot of ring psychology there and story telling. Gotta give it to him though he kept it entertaining.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Astonishing Member

The only person that 'cancelled' Marty is Marty for being an a self-admitted creep.

Extraordinary Member

Toni Storm fired in the middle of feud with Charlotte. Another stroke of genius from WWE.

Ultimate Member

Toni Storm leaving isnt really shocking. Same with Kyle O'Reilly and Johnny Gargano, WWE isn't the place to be anymore particularly if you want to have "peace of mind" and stability.

If she asked for her release, good for her. If she didn't, still good for her.

Extraordinary Member

Word is she asked for her release

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Agreed he probably had great stamina. But he wasn't exactly doing flying elbows or power moves every 5 mins. Flair worked smarter not harder. A lot of ring psychology there and story telling. Gotta give it to him though he kept it entertaining.
    True. Lot of rest holds in a typical Flair match.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Toni Storm fired in the middle of feud with Charlotte. Another stroke of genius from WWE.
    But with Charlotte as a heel, it can totally work for her next feud. As it gets heated, have Charlotte threaten her opponent, "Ever wonder why Toni Storm isn't around here any more? Yeah, I got rid of her. Think I can't use my pull with the powers that be to do the same to you?"
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But with Charlotte as a heel, it can totally work for her next feud. As it gets heated, have Charlotte threaten her opponent, "Ever wonder why Toni Storm isn't around here any more? Yeah, I got rid of her. Think I can't use my pull with the powers that be to do the same to you?"
    She will definitely use that but not refer to Storm directly. The company likes to treat fired workers as if they don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    True. Lot of rest holds in a typical Flair match.
    Basically a good bit we saw from Page/Danielson with testing out/stalling and rest holds was a 60+ minute Flair match. It was about telling the story and going. Once pace picked up it would really kick in. Here is a clip of Windham vs Flair from Texas in 1987. Its 45+ minutes but at the 35-40 mark you can see both men are literally on fumes at times.

I always have mixed feelings when it comes to wrestlers getting released by WWE. On the one hand, it is the big league and probably a good pay-check. On the other hand, unless you're one of Vince's golden chosen (or you somehow manage to get so over despite their booking they can't ignore you), your career is dead in the water.

And with the way WWE was using Toni Storm, I can't say I'm surprised she requested her release.

I mean, hot off the heels of getting eliminated from Queen of the Ring in the first round--clean, in less than two minutes--they throw her in a feud with Charlotte "Your Push Ends Here" Flair. She was going nowhere.

I don't usually endorse AEW snatching up any and every wrestler WWE lets go, but I think Toni would be a welcome addition to their women's division if she's interested.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    seriously?? dude has always reeked of used car salesman to me. i think he'd lie about anything if he believed it to be in his best interest.
    the villain.
    ah yes thank you
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

jeez super i was only half kidding when i said you had an uncanny ability to miss the point of what people are saying to you LOL. when immortal said "Marty got cancelled by speaking out." he didn't mean he got canceled FOR speaking out in public, he meant he got canceled BY the #speakingout movement.

When I think of "speaking out" I think of the girl who actually brought it up to start this. Not Marty "speaking out" since he basically just confirmed it and then tried to say it was consensual and 16 being the legal age of consent wasn't the point etc. Following it up that his fans should not harass her online and how she was a fan of wrestling and felt unsafe now.

Sorry that is just me. I think she was "speaking out.." Not Marty.
    okay then the answer is clearly no, you do not know what #speakingout is. before we go any further, just to be clear do you know how hashtags work in social media??

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Toni Storm leaving isnt really shocking. Same with Kyle O'Reilly and Johnny Gargano, WWE isn't the place to be anymore particularly if you want to have "peace of mind" and stability.

If she asked for her release, good for her. If she didn't, still good for her.
    i bet it was that pie in the face bullshit that pushed her over the edge. i just hope they didn't kill her spirit

dynamite was good. glad to see 2.0 & garcia picking up wins too bad it's against LAX/kingston who could really use some wins of their own. also i think LAX should drop the face paint, too many guys with similar face paint right now.

really enjoyed the main event.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 12-30-2021 at 02:03 AM.