Page 339 of 902 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439839 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 13529

Wrestlemania 8 was a shitshow for the most part.

The Bushwackers? Cartoonish BS.

Shawn Michaels in his early singles career? Couldn't sell anything with his incredibly bad acting. It's a shame that he still got the win over Tito Santana.

The Undertaker vs. Jake Roberts match was only notable for how bad that Tombstone piledriver was executed outside the ring. You could see that Roberts' neck was protected by The Undertaker's legs ON CAMERA. Suspension of disbelief was impossible.

The 8-man tag match - Waste of time

Tatanka vs. Rick Martel...another waste of time.

The Natural Disasters vs. Dibiase/ IRS...Waste of Time Part 3.

Owen Hart's match...you guessed it...Waste of Time #4.

The Hulk Hogan-Sid Justice matchup being the main event was preposterous. Talk about a crap match. First, bad match in general. Then, they blew Sid's Power Bomb maneuver. And having the Ultimate Warrior come out? I would rather have seen Hogan just continued to get stomped on.

The two matches that were good are: 1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart beating Rowdy Roddy Piper for the Intercontinental Championship. Loved that match. And 2. No surprise here, Randy "Macho Man" Savage beating Ric Flair for the WWF championship. Just another great match to watch and enjoy. But why it was the midpoint match instead of the finish is beyond me.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The two matches that were good are: 1. Bret "The Hitman" Hart beating Rowdy Roddy Piper for the Intercontinental Championship. Loved that match. And 2. No surprise here, Randy "Macho Man" Savage beating Ric Flair for the WWF championship. Just another great match to watch and enjoy. But why it was the midpoint match instead of the finish is beyond me.
    I bigger mystery to me was why wasn't Hogan vs Flair on Wrestlemania 8? I heard the story about the house show draws being low but there has to more to the story than that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder how long the Bloodline will hold all of the belts, the longer it goes the less and less anybody will care...then again I wonder how much longer Roman will be in wrestling so this title thing could be his swan song of sorts...I'm WELL over the bloodline entirely and wish that they'd all go to raw and not be champs of anything...
    I feel like it's getting close to HHH Reign of Terror in terms of storyline. It's going to kill both shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Hulk Hogan-Sid Justice matchup being the main event was preposterous. Talk about a crap match. First, bad match in general. Then, they blew Sid's Power Bomb maneuver. And having the Ultimate Warrior come out? I would rather have seen Hogan just continued to get stomped on..
    It is notable for having Sid be the first heel to kick out of the legdrop at the time, due to a timing malfunction

I watched Wrestlemania 9 last night.

What a load of tripe.

Most of the matches sucked. And that Undertaker-Giant Gonzalez match was just pathetic. Worse yet was the Razor Ramon-Bob Backlund match. Talk about clearly illustrating the difference between the past and what was at the time the present.

And don't get me started on the BS that gave Hogan the title back.

In all, the only match that was worth a damn in my estimation was The Steiner Brothers vs. The Head*******rs. Nothing on the line in the match but it was just a really good match (although the ending Frankensteiner looked like it didn't quite connect perfectly).

Who was responsible for this mess?
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

When it comes to WrestleMania I thought Luger vs Perfect was the only watchable match on the card

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I feel like it's getting close to HHH Reign of Terror in terms of storyline. It's going to kill both shows.
    We should call Reigns Tribal H

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Its already there. I have no desire to watch either show.

Ultimate Member

I come close to turning the channel whenever any of the Bloodline or Heyman show up on screen, I hope once they lose they go away for good...and yeah Smackdown has gotten really boring greatly because it's like the whole show is just spinning its wheels and there's nothing new or exciting, just more of the same junk with the Bloodline...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I come close to turning the channel whenever any of the Bloodline or Heyman show up on screen, I hope once they lose they go away for good...and yeah Smackdown has gotten really boring greatly because it's like the whole show is just spinning its wheels and there's nothing new or exciting, just more of the same junk with the Bloodline...
    SD needs a big influx of talent during the upcoming draft. Right now, all you get every week is the Bloodline, Sheamus fight club vs someone form the new day for the 15th straight week, same crap every week with Corbin and Sami Zayn, and maybe a divas match. Zayn needs repacked desperately, poor Nakamura is lost without Boogs, Corbin just needs future endeavored (lol). I think they have something with Ricochet, maybe pull over Styles from Raw and bring Breaker to SD to get more top faces. SD is very heel heavy right now.

Janela lit his foot on fire at GCW, landed a super kick with it, then proceeded to be unable to put it out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Reigns is gonna be losing to Cody and my guess is Summerslam
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Reigns is gonna be losing to Cody and my guess is Summerslam

Most likely.

Especially with Reigns much, much lighter schedule.

I don't watch WWE weekly shows so Roman's act hasn't gotten old with me. I will continue to acknowledge him

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't watch WWE weekly shows so Roman's act hasn't gotten old with me. I will continue to acknowledge him
    I think this probably more how WWE models its programming - weekly shows are fodder for promo videos and weekly ratings, but the only thing that really matters, truthfully, are the "Events." And it emphasizes WWE's other primary target in its model - exploiting any superstar top carder as long as humanly possible, damn the rest.

And economically, it works enough for Vince and Co. to feel justified in it. As long as Reigns has a highlight reel stretching long enough for their overall top card narrative to be successful, the rest is just filling.

The real question, though, is if any potential non-Vince version of WWE would eventually evolve/devolve back to the more old school approach that AEW uses; without a doubt, the fact AEW is trying to focus on the week-to-week product rather than mere "events" is probably why it has the demographic edge over WWE, much like how a Fox executive might look over at AEW's cheaper "writer's room" (since it's mostly just letting the talent have impact on booking and counting on the talent to do the dialogue) and decide that's the "modern look" they want for their sports-substitute.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP