Page 340 of 902 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390440840 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 13529

Heavy talk that AEW is going to be pulling the belts off of both Rosa and JE.

And that the whole Shida thing is a work to setup a Joshi super stable at an upcoming event. Sounds like a woman's nWo or BC.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-23-2022 at 10:06 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Heavy talk that AEW is going to be pulling the belts off of both Rosa and JE.

And that the whole Shida thing is a work to setup a Joshi super stable at an upcoming event. Sounds like a woman's nWo or BC.
    The Jurassic Express thing I can see. Sort of how Hangman never felt like the focus of the show despite being champion, the same is true with Express. They often played back end to other pushed tag storylines like Bucks/reDRagon. They never felt like a focus.

Rosa I can't see, though. They haven't really built up a credible challenger to take the belt off her.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The Jurassic Express thing I can see. Sort of how Hangman never felt like the focus of the show despite being champion, the same is true with Express. They often played back end to other pushed tag storylines like Bucks/reDRagon. They never felt like a focus.

Rosa I can't see, though. They haven't really built up a credible challenger to take the belt off her.
    They've built up Deeb.

As for tag, I think it's FTR time again. They have a lot of momentum with being the RoH tag champs, winning the rematch with the bucks and Dax stellar string of solo matches.

Extraordinary Member

Deeb seems like a plausible heel Champ in her own way - less obnoxious ****-heel, more Arrogant Kung Fu Gal.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I don't see Deeb as a champ. She's a good hand, but unless she's a transitional one I don't see it happening.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

If Deeb isn't good enough the only other choice would be Jade. I don't see AEW making her a double champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Deeb isn't good enough the only other choice would be Jade. I don't see AEW making her a double champ.
    Which is exactly why I don't see them taking it off Rosa. There really isn't much option for a next champion.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Isn't the talk right now that Sasha Banks contract is due to expire in a couple months ? So it seems like she's just either wanting it to run out or be released to go.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't the talk right now that Sasha Banks contract is due to expire in a couple months ? So it seems like she's just either wanting it to run out or be released to go.
    The latest I read about Sasha is that she's been upset for a few months now. She was originally going to be Charlotte opponent for WrestleMania 38 until Ronda Rousey became available. She got bumped and gave her the tag title as a make good.

Makes sense because I remember the company building a feud between Sasha and Charlotte after SummerSlam.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    WWE could freeze her contract similar to when a wrestler gets injured and they add dates onto it once they come back to offset the perceived loss of contracted time.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't care much for VKM, but it seems (from what little I know/read) that Sasha and Naomi's walkout was not proportional to whatever sin/mistake WWE booking committed. I can only hope Sasha and Naomi were fine with leaving WWE altogether, because they're either leaving or VKM won't do much with them ever again, he won't trust them.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't care much for VKM, but it seems (from what little I know/read) that Sasha and Naomi's walkout was not proportional to whatever sin/mistake WWE booking committed. I can only hope Sasha and Naomi were fine with leaving WWE altogether, because they're either leaving or VKM won't do much with them ever again, he won't trust them.
    What I've seen suggests that it's a compilation of everything else on top of the catalyst booking decision - and that's just in their specific case, since the talent as a whole also has a compilation of issues as well, especially for skilled and creative talent with a nose for marketing their own brand.

And if there ever was a business that, for its own profit margins, might actually benefit from labor wresting some power from management, it's likely WWE; McMahon can obfuscate and claim he only thinks about the stockholders, but it's been obvious for some time now that his control freak egomania over his talent is a liability to profit rather than an asset. Banks especially has been a likely cross-over mega-star who deserves respect and its accompanying promotional privileges, as has Naomi.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree if you look at this one incident it wasn't proportional. It was a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment. (Sounds like stretching back to when both of them had their Mania plans cancelled for them)

I am pretty sure that both of them are willing to walk away from the company at this point. It sounds like Sasha almost did in 2019.

Given what's happening with Sasha the company should accurate their plans to bring back Bayley. She's ready to go last I heard.

The women's tag will also need to be addressed. Unless they want to belts to collect dust in Johnny Ace office

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Given what's happening with Sasha the company should accurate their plans to bring back Bayley. She's ready to go last I heard.

The women's tag will also need to be addressed. Unless they want to belts to collect dust in Johnny Ace office
    I thought there was a press release that said they were going to do a tournament to determine the new champions.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.