Page 341 of 902 FirstFirst ... 241291331337338339340341342343344345351391441841 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,115 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Interesting excerpt from Will Ospreay on Forbidden Door:
    “I would like a challenge and what I mean by that is I would like a homemade [AEW] guy,” he claimed. “Like someone that didn’t come from NXT, that didn’t come from New Japan, because I think that’s the challenge. Can I do like a sick match with someone that was born and made in AEW? … Jungle Boy, I’d love to tear it up with him.”

Ospreay hopes that AEW and New Japan will, “just go balls to the f*cking wall,” with dream matches at the Forbidden Door show, and he thinks that Kazuchika Okada facing Punk would be a good option to make happen.
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...orbidden-door/
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I thought there was a press release that said they were going to do a tournament to determine the new champions.
    they need to find teams first. Probably going to throw random women together to form teams. The only 2 teams they currently have are Natalya / Bazzler and Zelina / Carmella. Maybe Dew Drop and Nikki almost a mid-carder as well?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I was watching Sylvain Grenier on Rene Dupree's podcast. Grenier discussed a near fight backstage he almost had with Bubba Ray. He admitted he had messed up a 3D spot and it ticked off Bubba Ray there. Who pushed him there. Grenier was smart to realize he'd have a fight ahead with Bubba so his finger was cut and bleeding. So he put his finger to his head acting like he had been cut. D-Von saw this backstage as Bubba got in his face to fight and D-Von stopped him , saying Grenier was bleeding.

Now Grenier admits he was so green. He had only been in the business working....4 months. That what did everyone expect from a green guy who really didn't know the ring basics. That he wishes someone had pulled him to the side and taught him this there but no one did.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Now Grenier admits he was so green. He had only been in the business working....4 months. That what did everyone expect from a green guy who really didn't know the ring basics. That he wishes someone had pulled him to the side and taught him this there but no one did.
    Did Grenier expect WWE's liability-fearing lawyers and executives to explain it to him & teach him? I'm getting at a real concern by saying that. Who is to introduce and educate wrestlers to the ugly (or even illegal (assault & battery is illegal)) side of the business? If you're a wrestler (say a locker room leader like Undertaker) and you pull him aside, are you kinda admitting you're part of this threatening/violent toxic culture and condone or excuse it?

It's one of those things where I don't know what the answer is. Maybe that's why it ends up left to trial by fire. Some guilt and shame about "the way things are." And everyone is sorta protected (legally) by no one really talking about it (The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-26-2022 at 06:46 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Did Grenier expect WWE's liability-fearing lawyers and executives to explain it to him & teach him? I'm getting at a real concern by saying that. Who is to introduce and educate wrestlers to the ugly (or even illegal (assault & battery is illegal)) side of the business? If you're a wrestler (say a locker room leader like Undertaker) and you pull him aside, are you kinda admitting you're part of this threatening/violent toxic culture and condone or excuse it?

It's one of those things were I don't know what the answer is. Maybe that's why it ends up left to trial by fire. Some guilt and shame about "the way things are." And everyone is sorta protected (legally) by no one really talking about it (The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club).
    This sort of thing is why wrestling companies have producers. One of them should have pulled Grenier to the side and informed him of what he did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This sort of thing is why wrestling companies have producers. One of them should have pulled Grenier to the side and informed him of what he did wrong.
    I think they already do that, point out dangerous or mistaken execution/botches. We read stories along those lines all the time. I guess I can't tell whether Grenier is upset about that or upset he wasn't warned that Bubba might seek to beat his ass backstage (because, as Bubba or others would presumably perceive it, you're threatening my life, quality of life, my career, and my family).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-26-2022 at 06:55 AM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I feel like AEW has botched MJF a bit. He was on top during his feud with Punk. A lot of folks wanted him to take the title from Page. Now, he's the supporting character in someone else's story. Punk has moved past him in the present and Wardlow has moved past him for the future. With a stacked roster, not sure when or how he gets back to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I feel like AEW has botched MJF a bit. He was on top during his feud with Punk. A lot of folks wanted him to take the title from Page. Now, he's the supporting character in someone else's story. Punk has moved past him in the present and Wardlow has moved past him for the future. With a stacked roster, not sure when or how he gets back to the top.
    Isn't this exactly like believing Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase vs former bodyguard Virgil was a mistake (for Ted) because it was "Virgil's story"? I don't know that anyone has or can claim that famous successful angle was a mistake. And it was BOTH Million Dollar Man AND Virgil's story.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-26-2022 at 09:44 AM.

This is how things would have naturally gone between MJF and Wardlow. I think this feud has been good for both of them. Something like this is great for Max as it means he's capable of creating a star. A quality every top guy should have

Extraordinary Member

It’s tricky to evaluate, because I’d argue that MJF has been such a dominant figure in storytelling for AEW, that he’s kind of their top asset and the greatest of the four pillars, and arguably a greater current star than even guys like Punk or Moxley because of how great he is as a heel. If he keeps it up, he could be the rare wrestler above the titles - or at least the type of guy who could snatch the title from anyone at any point with the right promo.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I don't worry about MJF at all. I'd almost bet he's AEW Champ before year's end (or by/at the next Revolution).

He's definitely gonna get credit for the success of this Wardlow angle.

(I simply wish MJF wrestled more on TV)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-26-2022 at 09:50 AM.

In a recent podcast interview Wardlow said his current push is completely incidental. It was never planned. He compared himself to Batista in 2005

hard to call it a botch considering aew has made him a top star in the company that could easily main event ppv or hold the title w/o seeming out of place. if he's no longer that after the feud with wardlow MAYBE you could call it a botch then.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think they already do that, point out dangerous or mistaken execution/botches. We read stories along those lines all the time. I guess I can't tell whether Grenier is upset about that or upset he wasn't warned that Bubba might seek to beat his ass backstage (because, as Bubba or others would presumably perceive it, you're threatening my life, quality of life, my career, and my family).
    Grenier was more or less wanting veterans to show him things there. But thus far Rene Dupree , Grenier , Paul London and one of the guys from the tag team The Dicks (Male Chippendales team) has said the WWE locker room was awful back then.

That it sucked back then. Like Dupree told a story where Daniel Puder had heat over something backstage. So Spike Dudley runs to Undertaker saying Puder did something. And Undertaker isn't happy now.

So Dupree sees Puder arrive and he stops him. "Go shake everyone's hand. But go to Undertaker 1st !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

don't know if the french ticklers are stand up guys or not but bubba seems like a huge ******* by all accounts.

there was some good tv matches this week so far. swerve vs starks vs jungle boy was outstanding, as was trey miguel vs alex shelley on impact. hopefully rampage gives us something good tonight as well.