Page 659 of 902 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 13529

How the heck are they still calling it "undisputed" when there's now another world championship? It's not longer "undisputed."
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    When HHH was comparing Reigns to the other "great ones" and their long title runs, the first thing I thought was all the other actually wrestled and didn't hide for months on end without a title defense. Roman's should have an * next to it, as he is a part time wrestler / champion. WWE even released a Roman appearance schedule for the rest of the summer. I believe they even said what some of his matches will be (I.E. - vs Jimmy Uso at MITB, and a tag match at SS (Him and Solo Vs. Jimmy and Jey). I think it was 10 times total he will appear (didn't say wrestle just appear) I would guess Solo will turn on Roman at SS, as a feud between them is rumored. I would guess the UC isn't coming off him before next year's Mania.
    The other long running champs would also often go months between title defenses. We just didn't notice it because WWE didn't have a weekly show on basic cable at the time.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Watching the Dark Side of the Ring....Chris and Tammy episode.

- Candido was 12 or 13 wrestling shows with a friend. He wanted to be a pro wrestler and secretly would do this as his mom never knew. She didn't want him to do this. Candido's mom is just puzzled by the industry like making Chris wear a baby bonnet on his head in Smokey Mountain to get heel heat.

- During a match , Chris met Tammy. He saw her in the crowd as Johnny Hot Body pointed her out. Candido's mom saw her as well during the show and thought she looked like someone her son would like.

- Tammy starts off innocent but lets fame go to her head quick. Becoming a complete wh-re sleeping with Shawn Michaels. Prichard and others know Chris knew about it. His brother Johnny says Chris would tell him how he had to protect her from the business. That he was responsible for getting into this business. Johnny was like , let her go and all.

- Chris Candido suffers a neck injury and starts on pain pills. All while the Kliq begin bullying him backstage. They say "the top people" but its gotta be known it was those guys not liking him. He would leave finally to get used better....in ECW.

- In ECW he became one of the best stars. Lance Storm put over how Candido was taking power bombs off the top rope with a bad back for months. And a doctor at an ER he went into thought he was in a car accident from his X-Rays.

- The discussion of somas being used is discussed. How people could take them ...5 or 6 crunched up really gets you in a state as Johnny Candido discusses. Mick Foley brings up how 1 prescription to somas could get you addicted it seems.

- Tammy becomes an alcoholic due to hanging out with guys she was with. A fact Lance Storm claims the audience could see her come to the ring in ECW and see her struggling to walk in heels due to issues. In ring clips are shown and she looks...bad.

- Heyman gets frustrated and decides to keep them both he has them do a tell all story on TV. Tammy discusses her issues which ticks off Jim Cornette who as a friend feels it was awful to do for ratings. He wasn't happy with Paul Heyman over this even now.

- Johnny Candido details the chaos of how the 2 addictions would have them fight and more.

- Prichard brings up how Tammy was hooking up with guys while Chris is in ring working. That he's in ring working and she's hookin up.

- Paul Heyman gives them office jobs while suspended and they help book flights for the boys to travel in ECW. Johnny Candido brings up how they would use their credit cards and get paid back. Well ...as ECW is in huge debt unknown to them , Heyman eventually stops paying them back and they get huge credit card debt !

- With the drug use and credit card debt they lose their home. Johnny details how they were lookin for doctors to get somas. Chris suddenly goes into a seizure and he grabs his tongue. Chris survives and leaves the hospital.

- Chris Candido mounts a comeback at 31. He kicks somas and gets back in shape...in TNA. He is doing great as Lance Storm praises how he looked. Candido by accident to avoid the camera man in ring...breaks his ankle in a freak accident. He has surgery on it and tells Dr. Tom he will call him after he sees the doctor on Monday over it.

- Candido calls his mom and brother. He tells his mom he's feeling sick that evening after flying home. She tells him he needs some sleep. Johnny is with his brother when he passes. Lance , Dr. Tom and Johnny break in a sad moment. Candido's mom feels she let him down and should have been there when he had surgery.

- Jim Cornette breaks over Candido and walks away to say he doesn't get sentimental about many people but Chris he felt for.

- Lance Storm and Cornette proclaim that Chris Candido had more impact now on the business than what Tammy did as Sunny. That the business is about smaller , quicker stars like Chris Candido was. His influence is more now.

- Cornette feels sorry for Tammy but she caused her own destruction. Dr. Tom doesn't want her out given what she's done. Tammy Sytch was charged with DUI Manslaughter in a death last year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't realize the new season had started

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I didn't realize the new season had started
    Started a few days ago. I really have only one issue with this. Its like Dark Side of Ring skips certain things.

- Shane Douglas is never interviewed ...even though he ran Triple Threat and was part of the same stable Candido was in ECW.

- Candido's WCW run is completely ignored. Never mentioned. He was there a couple months in 2000 I believe and gone due to issues then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    When HHH was comparing Reigns to the other "great ones" and their long title runs, the first thing I thought was all the other actually wrestled and didn't hide for months on end without a title defense. Roman's should have an * next to it, as he is a part time wrestler / champion. WWE even released a Roman appearance schedule for the rest of the summer. I believe they even said what some of his matches will be (I.E. - vs Jimmy Uso at MITB, and a tag match at SS (Him and Solo Vs. Jimmy and Jey). I think it was 10 times total he will appear (didn't say wrestle just appear) I would guess Solo will turn on Roman at SS, as a feud between them is rumored. I would guess the UC isn't coming off him before next year's Mania.
    Why is it an issue that Roman is part time? Do you want him to do his acknowledge me route every week? I think Roman is actually better in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The best ppv match was Joe vs Angle. The 2-3 matches did their ppv buy rate. I can point at numerous angles that was like Lynch ran by other companies over the years. Companies do terrible storylines. Remember....Katie Vick ?
    but again many of those other companies the good-great outweighs the terrible. for instance the same year the katie vick thing happened we also got "the next big" thing bork lazer. the katie vick angle would't even be remembered if not for the one all time horrible segment.

just to be clear though are you making the argument that all promotions are of equal quality or that tna was as good as any other promotion??

Also by your logic since Ring of Honor was sold twice...it folded ? Because they were sold twice.
    yes obviously. it's not like **** works one way for roh and another for tna. name aside roh is not the same company it was in early 2000's. also the difference between roh or tna and wwe selling is wwe was only sold so vince could retain power where as roh & tna either had to sell or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Why is it an issue that Roman is part time? Do you want him to do his acknowledge me route every week? I think Roman is actually better in small doses.
    because he's the champion(of both shows), for me anyways. i think it kind of sucks when the champion is a part timer. i don't think they need to wrestle or even cut a prom every week but it's a lot better if they're there at least every other week.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-04-2023 at 12:56 AM.

Sabre wants a three or four way at Wembley ... any combination of him, ADBD, Nigel, and Okada.

ADBD vs. Okada is set for Forbidden Door.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    because he's the champion(of both shows), for me anyways. i think it kind of sucks when the champion is a part timer. i don't think they need to wrestle or even cut a prom every week but it's a lot better if they're there at least every other week.
    He's only the champion of Smackdown now.

And while Roman himself may not make weekly appearences, his presence is felt every week due to the Bloodline storyline going on

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE has officially partnered with Twitch

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...s-raw-sidecast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sabre wants a three or four way at Wembley ... any combination of him, ADBD, Nigel, and Okada.

ADBD vs. Okada is set for Forbidden Door.
    what does adbd stand for? Is it referring to Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson? It might be common knowledge but it took me a second to realize what SCSA was, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    what does adbd stand for? Is it referring to Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson? It might be common knowledge but it took me a second to realize what SCSA was, lol.
    American Dragon Bryan Danielson
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    VvvvvV
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    American Dragon Bryan Danielson
    Since he's no longer in WWE, he's no longer BDazzler to me.

I tend to abbreviate too much, sorry!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

So Pat McAffee took shots at AEW saying PPV was 3/4 empty ... Even though pictures, videos, and attendance figures say otherwise. Also said they are bankrupt and will fold in less than a year. I think he's going off that zoomed in hard cam photo, which is the same section WWE, Strong, and others block off now for hard cams.

Then we have WWE back to the old deal they did when WCW / WCW were around. Venues cannot book AEW, presale, or advertise within a certain window before and after WWE is there.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So Pat McAffee took shots at AEW saying PPV was 3/4 empty ... Even though pictures, videos, and attendance figures say otherwise. Also said they are bankrupt and will fold in less than a year. I think he's going off that zoomed in hard cam photo, which is the same section WWE, Strong, and others block off now for hard cams.

Then we have WWE back to the old deal they did when WCW / WCW were around. Venues cannot book AEW, presale, or advertise within a certain window before and after WWE is there.
    Ya pat doesn't know what he is talking about....