Page 8 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    gulak is very talented but i don't think he has the main event potential as the other 2, even though he's actually a better talker.

so after the most recent RAW, serious question fellas............is charlotte a god damn face or what??
    Gulak doesn't need to be a main-event guy. He could be a solid midcard guy that can fill in the IC or US title picture. Definitely not being wasted on 24/7 title bullshit.

Astonishing Member

Smackdown very good this week. Not a bag segment, some great wrestling, and maybe hinting at a few pushes I think people will like.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    If there interested in Gulak long term as a producer/trainer, then it might be to his benefit to stay in WWE, even if he'll never rise up the card.

As for Charlotte, I'm also "WTFing" about that storyline. Her Dad isn't stupid and being used. If Ric and Lacey want to enter a mutually beneficial relationship, then she's being a spoiled brat trying to get in the way.
    gulak could always come back and be a trainer/agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gulak doesn't need to be a main-event guy. He could be a solid midcard guy that can fill in the IC or US title picture. Definitely not being wasted on 24/7 title bullshit.
    agreed 100%, i was just pointing out one of those things was not like the others.

Mighty Member

Default Smack down 01152021

Smackdown very good this week. Not a bag segment, some great wrestling, and maybe hinting at a few pushes I think people will like.
    I mostly agree. (Some gratuitous cinematic camera stuff.)

Really looking forward to Bayley v/s Belair. I am expecting a riff on "American Gladiators". I might eat some microwave waffles during that match, just for nostalgia.
    I love Bayley, I love her new segment, and want to binge all of it.

Similarly, Sasha v/s Reginald? Interesting. (What is the deal with that guy?)

Not happy that Shinsuke is probably getting a face push. Similarly, I want evil Sonya back.

Apollo v/s Zayn was fun, but truncated.

The Riot Squad v/s Natalya and Tamina... I like what WWE is going for. Two tag-teams that mix heel and face characters. But, while I cannot complain about the Squad's wrestling and seeing them struggle with Billie Kay is fun, they lack the endearing charm of Alexa and Nikki.

The swerve with Adam Pierce was excellent. Normally, officials are portrayed as incompetent or corrupt. In this case, Pierce is competent and ethical, managing to check the malignant influence of Hayman.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 01-17-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Ultimate Member

The bad mic hurt the bit at the end, but just hope that Owens does win, especially if unintentionally helped by Uso and Heyman trying to help Reigns win...

anybody watch impact hard to kill??

I heard it was good

I didn't watch the whole thing but I watched Sami/Eddie and the main event.

Sami/Eddie was good but not quite up to the level of previous Massacre matches. Some unique stuff done but didn't quite feel as brutal (although the standard is pretty high with Abyss/Sabu)

The main event was good but felt more like a TV main event than a PPV one. Moose was really impressive but just didn't quite have the same chemistry as the MCMG would have.

There has to be something up with Impact/AEW/NJPW. Kenny and the Brothers all wore Bullet Club gear and you'd think they'd get legal about that if there wasnt.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I didn't watch the whole thing but I watched Sami/Eddie and the main event.

Sami/Eddie was good but not quite up to the level of previous Massacre matches. Some unique stuff done but didn't quite feel as brutal (although the standard is pretty high with Abyss/Sabu)

The main event was good but felt more like a TV main event than a PPV one. Moose was really impressive but just didn't quite have the same chemistry as the MCMG would have.

There has to be something up with Impact/AEW/NJPW. Kenny and the Brothers all wore Bullet Club gear and you'd think they'd get legal about that if there wasnt.
    There was a rumor NJPW and AEW had worked out a working agreement shortly before COVID shut down travel.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I run a fantasy booking group and based off of something that happened recently, I would ask the lot of you, how would you book a Sheamus/Rene Dupree tag team championship reign?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have to wonder if we will see Omega challenge and win the Impact World title. It makes sense for this inter-promotional invasion angle to work. I am waiting on the Motor City Machine Guns to appear on AEW and defeat the Bucks at some point.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I have to wonder if we will see Omega challenge and win the Impact World title. It makes sense for this inter-promotional invasion angle to work. I am waiting on the Motor City Machine Guns to appear on AEW and defeat the Bucks at some point.
    That’s where it’s probably heading to, Omega wins the Impact world title and holds it all the way until Bound for Glory

I hope RKO gets a better mask.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I hope RKO gets a better mask.
    A Court Of Owls mask would have been better than bootleg conquistador #6

Speaking of new looks. Lucha House Party needs one. I would say drop the masks and go for face paint.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    Speaking of new looks. Lucha House Party needs one. I would say drop the masks and go for face paint.
    Telling a luchador to "drop the mask" is some WCW-level nonsense. If a luchador changes up their gimmick they change up the mask, not get rid of it. Face paint still shows your face, it just has paint on it.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans