Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 903
  1. #451
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    7,562

    Default

    I'm legit surprised that so many people are excited about Lashley's title win.

    It seems people are hoping for Brock vs Lashley.

    I'm not sure Brock is even down for wrestling anymore.
    Black Lives Matter.

  2. #452
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I'm legit surprised that so many people are excited about Lashley's title win.

    It seems people are hoping for Brock vs Lashley.

    I'm not sure Brock is even down for wrestling anymore.
    No thank you to Brock vs lastly brocks hart ist in it anymore he needs to stay gone.

  3. #453
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    No thank you to Brock vs lastly brocks hart ist in it anymore he needs to stay gone.
    Brock still can put on some good/ entertaining matches when he wants to. Example, his performance at the 2020 Royal Rumble was great. I feel like if they pitched him something that peaks his interest such as a match with Lashley and of course paid him a boatload of money, he would be down.

  4. #454
    Mighty Member Iron_Legion87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Randy Orton is having a Twitter feud with Soulja Boy. These rappers been coming out the woodwork having WWE on their radar after Bad Bunny started being a regular.
    I doubt WWE will show the tweets as they aren't PG at all lol. But it is kinda funny all these rappers like Bow Wow and Soulja Boy are teaming up to troll WWE stars.

  5. #455
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,035

    Default

    Here is something not many know about.....Vince McMahon in December 1997 tried to re-sign the Ultimate Warrior to a new contract. A fan got a hold of the contract offer from December 17th 1997. Included was...


    - $750,000 downside guaranteed a year.

    - 35% on royalties


    - Working 14 dates a month ! (which Vince told him would be good for him as well as better per year and royalties wise)


    The contract is legit according to Jim Cornette as he brings up how it was typed and that the contracts going out was done this way. It doesn't shock him that McMahon would try and sign back Warrior. That after losing Bret and others he may have worried WCW would go after the Ultimate Warrior.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTizp-wags
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  6. #456
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I doubt WWE will show the tweets as they aren't PG at all lol. But it is kinda funny all these rappers like Bow Wow and Soulja Boy are teaming up to troll WWE stars.
    WWE used to put out rap covers of themes back in the day. Method Man, Snoop, Nelly, and others made covers that were sometimes better. Hip hop has had strong ties to wrestling, I just think Vince never felt comfortable With that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #457
    Incredible Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Would guess Lashley's run as Champion lasts till Summer Slam? Don't see them putting the title on him just to drop it back to Drew in a month at Mania. Would not make much sense but this is the E, so who knows? I would guess this means Edge will win at Mania? I don't see both main titles being retained? If Edge is scheduled to win, then that would be the Sunday main event so Mania ends on a feel good moment.

  8. #458
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    Brock still can put on some good/ entertaining matches when he wants to. Example, his performance at the 2020 Royal Rumble was great. I feel like if they pitched him something that peaks his interest such as a match with Lashley and of course paid him a boatload of money, he would be down.
    Sure but but he will never work more then 3 or 4 times a year so I'm good.

  9. #459
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Has anyone here watched the first couple of episodes of Young Rock? I know it's all through the somewhat rose-colored glasses of Dwayne Johnson's memories of his childhood, but it's still a pretty entertaining look into how some pro wrestlers weren't as well off as one might think they were back in the day.
    i like it
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

  10. #460
    Incredible Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Nice No More BS shirt being worn by Paul Wight on AEW tonight. lol. He mentioned AEW signing a HOF quality talent, that will announced on the PPV on Sunday. He said its not who you think (CM Punk). Any rumors to who it is?
    Last edited by chachi; 03-03-2021 at 09:08 PM.

  11. #461
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Nice No More BS shirt being worn by Paul Wight on AEW tonight. lol. He mentioned AEW signing a HOF quality talent, that will announced on the PPV on Sunday. He said its not who you think (CM Punk). Any rumors to who it is?
    Carlito.

    Looks like they could be starting a big NXT/RAW battle to kick off NXT's immiment move to Tuesdays. Adam Pierce screws Dakota/Raquel out of the tag team titles.

  12. #462
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,011

    Default

    happy about lashley. lashley managed by mvp is a main event act, and the hurt business has been a consistent high point of raw for a long time. they're kind of lacking in credible faces though.

    i hope it's not carlito, that would be so disappointing.

    i think brock is an amazing talent when motivated, however wwe seems to think they have to sacrifice the entire roster to him whenever he comes around and i'll take a pass on ever seeing that again.

    i had zero interest in shaq/jade vs cody/velvet but it turned out to be pretty entertaining.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 03-04-2021 at 12:46 AM.

  13. #463
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    happy about lashley. lashley managed by mvp is a main event act, and the hurt business has been a consistent high point of raw for a long time. they're kind of lacking in credible faces though.

    i hope it's not carlito, that would be so disappointing.

    i think brock is an amazing talent when motivated, however wwe seems to think they have to sacrifice the entire roster to him whenever he comes around and i'll take a pass on ever seeing that again.

    i had zero interest in shaq/jade vs cody/velvet but it turned out to be pretty entertaining.
    Me too! I was expecting Rodman-esque garbage and got a decent match.

    That Shaq, always dunking on Rodman.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  14. #464
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,437

    Default

    Old school wrestling fan here and this has been the best week on free tv in ages, love the Lashley squashing of the Miz for his well deserved Championship, long may he reign. I have to admit I geeked out watching Tully Blanchard sporting his US title from back in the day and his iconic robe and boots, then sling shot supplexing Marco Stunt, then delivering a spiked piledriver and pinning Luchasaurus, after being walked to the ring by JJ Dillion and even Arn Anderson throwing up the symbol of excellence at the match's conclusion. I was praying the masked man was Barry Windham because Tony mentioned this is the same location where Barry turned on tag team champion partner, Lex Luger, to give title to Blanchard and Anderson and join the Four Horsemen (my favorite faction in wrestling ever), later that show the Midnight Rider (Dusty Rhodes) jumps into the Horsemen lockerroom to get an explanation from Barry, where the Rider is mauled and unmasked. Final scene of show is Barry getting into the limo with JJ, Arn, Blanchard and Flair putting the 4 fingers through the eye holes of the Midnight Rider mask. MY FAVORITE WRESTLING MEMORY OF ALL TIME! Not a fan of everything AEW does but they scored a lot of points with me on this.

  15. #465

    Default

    Not sure why everyone is surprised by how Shaq did. The man is the master of Shaq-Fu after all.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •