Page 221 of 902 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What's wrong with being midcard? Jeff's days as a main-event guy are behind him.
    did he ever have a match with shinsuke for the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_In...l_Championship
    nope nevermind

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1469488274284720134 xia li
    Hook vs Dante Martin would be a sight to see. Someone has to take him out for betraying team Taz.
    yup
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-11-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Taz's son Hook had a very impressive debut on Rampage tonight. The kid was very smooth with his hold transitions and judo throws. Borrowing some his old man's moves like the Tazplex and Tazmission. More showings like this he can easily become a pillar for the company

Edit:

I have to wonder if he's over because of the send Hook memes and CM Punk fearing him.
    damn that's a lot to take from one less than 4min match with no promo and he didn't even take a bump.
    i thought his throws looked pretty good.

I would call it a push because he's being regularly featured on TV and has been working angles. It was better off than when he was a goober chasing after the 24/7 title and jobbing to Jinder on main event.
    a push usually leads somewhere though. i don't think jeff was being pushed towards anything in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I'd say there's no way that Hardy would settle in the main even scene after an initial push in AEW or Impact. He'll eventually settle to a similar spot in WWE, where he's not a jobber, but in the mid card mostly being used to put people over.

(or killing pushes in the case of Karrion Kross lol)
    the only reason i can see not to use jeff in a main event spot in wwe or impact is because hes unreliable. he's over enough and can still go in the ring when he's straight. i'd rather watch jeff than edge but that's probably just me.

so anybody got any prospects to watch in 2022??

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Because AEW won't waste him like WWE did?
    AEW wont do anything with him because, as history has shown, Hardy wont get himself cleaned up.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have to agree with Lbo , its way too early to proclaim Hook is gonna be a pillar of the company. The kid has the potential and Taz was a smart man on a few things here. He didn't make his son a carbon copy of himself. Hook has his own unique look and character. He also has more he can do than what his old man could. Taz is a legend for what he did in ECW and legit machine as we know. But his neck injury and more...limited him.

Taz however could cut intense promos and sell himself as a 5'9 guy facing monsters. Hook hasn't done that yet as pointed out. He needs to develop that.

But as far as where next generation talent is. Hook already is MILES ahead of Arn's son. Because Arn didn't push his son to develop his own look , move set or anything. He is Arn Jr and its failing for that. Taz has his son with his own look , name and doesn't play up they are related onscreen (fans know) but Taz is letting Hook build himself . Very wise man...

Hook will need more work , longer matches and promos to really see what he is fully. But the potential is there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    damn that's a lot to take from one less than 4min match with no promo and he didn't even take a bump.
    i thought his throws looked pretty good.
    Hook managed to show charisma without needing to say anything. Through sheer swagger and presence he managed to impress. If silent killer is what's he going for then it's better he doesn't talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo
    a push usually leads somewhere though. i don't think jeff was being pushed towards anything in particular
    In Stone Cold podcast he talked about how he wanted to have a match with Roman. We still a long way to WrestleMania so Hardy could have been a filler defense for the Rumble or Smackdown.

Its a 4 minute match and a decent debut. He flashed some potential but acting like he's a mega star is a bit soon. He needs longer matches to work and promos to see what he can do. And silent killer only goes so far. Hook is gonna have to cut a promo at some point. The character and look is good for him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I didn't say he was a mega star. He will be one if he continues being impressive like he did on his debut.

I don't see working long matches as a Hallmark for being a good wrestler. It helps but if you can put on an entertaining match that tells a full story in a short amount of time that's a better skill to have.

Hook managed to show charisma without needing to say anything. Through sheer swagger and presence he managed to impress. If silent killer is what's he going for then it's better he doesn't talk.

In Stone Cold podcast he talked about how he wanted to have a match with Roman. We still a long way to WrestleMania so Hardy could have been a filler defense for the Rumble or Smackdown.
    ohhhhh, i see now.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its a 4 minute match and a decent debut. He flashed some potential but acting like he's a mega star is a bit soon. He needs longer matches to work and promos to see what he can do. And silent killer only goes so far. Hook is gonna have to cut a promo at some point. The character and look is good for him.
    hate to spoil the fun but i guess hook's greatness is something of a online running gag.

in all seriousness though he had a decent debut. it was a bit on the gentle side for squash imo but he is green and really shouldn't be squashing people anyways, kind of hard to buy him as a monster. then again look at the fight fuego put up against miro yet couldn't withstand 5min of hook awesomeness.

I didn't say he was a mega star. He will be one if he continues being impressive like he did on his debut.

I don't see working long matches as a Hallmark for being a good wrestler. It helps but if you can put on an entertaining match that tells a full story in a short amount of time that's a better skill to have.
    agreed. aew could have their goldberg if they have hook do that every week for a year.

the real streak has begun hook=1-0

Self-Proclaimed Genius clayholio's Avatar

Watching Final Battle right now - it's been a good show. I'm going to miss Ring of Honor. Even with the dwindling crowds the last couple of years, it's still been one of my favorite wrestling shows for a long time running.
    clayholio

Ink Is My Perfume (art blog) - Clayholio Watches Movies (Movie Reviews)

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    agreed. aew could have their goldberg if they have hook do that every week for a year.

the real streak has begun hook=1-0
    It worked for Taz in ECW. Heyman legit had people believe Taz was a killer. Hook if he can do what his dad did on mic and gets as over....he could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It worked for Taz in ECW. Heyman legit had people believe Taz was a killer. Hook if he can do what his dad did on mic and gets as over....he could do it.

if?? you mean "when". we're talking about hook

immortal weapon was right with that pillar comment but he didn't go far enough, who needs the other 4 guys

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hook had an impressive debut match. What surprised me was his swagger, his presence.

But my favorite part of it all was Austin Gunn's hilarious tweet "Hook got his job because of his dad…smh" which was made even funnier when Pillman Jr retweeted it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-13-2021 at 07:16 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hook had an impressive debut match. What surprised me was his swagger, his presence.

But my favorite part of it all was Austin Gunn's hilarious tweet "Hook got his job because of his dad…smh" which was made even funnier when Pillman Jr retweeted it.
    Two guys who shouldn't be saying that ... LOL!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium