Page 268 of 902 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    is this real? or just an elaborate work? I can't shake the feeling that this is a work.
    Cody leaving AEW (for now) is not a work IMHO, the departure is being very widely reported in the news following very official seeming mutual announcements of departure.

Whether Cody goes to WWE is unknown though. I believe the reports are credible that WWE and Cody are at least talking, but it may never get past talking, we just don't know.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2022 at 12:05 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Idk, leaving the company he started to go back to WWE sounds like the ultimate heel move to me.
    LOL..exactly.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

To fuel the speculation of Austin's return ...Stone Cold had High Spots install a wrestling ring last year at his home.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...h-last-august/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if he does sign with WWE would he be on Raw or Smackdown, maybe finally beating Roman unless Brock does it at Wrestlemania...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Cody vs Austin at Wrestlemania is gonna be a barn burner. (joking!)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Cody vs Austin at Wrestlemania is gonna be a barn burner. (joking!)
    From whats claimed its gonna be Kevin Owens who faces Austin. Which would make sense since they are paying Owens a big price and they can get him more attention by a program with Austin.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Best Case Scenario: Cody is smart enough and motivated enough to demand a contract that gives him enough leverage to avoid Vince's "process" torpedoing any return he has, and this is about proving a point for a brief amount of time, and we get some kind of "watershed" moment in terms of some AEW talent managing to demonstrate enough leverage to prevent being cogs in Vince's machine.

Worst Case Scenario: Cody signs for money, makes a mistake of giving them a lot of his time and complete creative control, and is either buried repeatedly or limbo'ed like Cassandra Cain in a Dan Didio comic.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Didn't watch much Raw last night, but I guess Owens was talking smack on Texas? They are slowly building a program with Austin. At the very least, some beer drinking, double middle fingers, and a stunner or two at Mania.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree with this article: AEW isn't doing enough to make Rampage must-watch, and it is treated as a B-show most of the year

For me, after the first Rampage match, usually the best match on the card, if I want to watch something else, I will and not really worry I will miss much.

https://www.thesportster.com/aew-nee...-with-rampage/
    i watch ds9 on h and i and wait till wednesday to watch rampage on demand (xfinity)

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just saw this on Instagram of all places- Cody and Brandi Rhodes are leaving AEW.
    nxt dusty cup trophy presenter tonight? its been on my mind for weeks now
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dusty_...g_Team_Classic
    Last edited by steve2275; 02-15-2022 at 07:02 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quinn McKay made her debut as a ring announcer for NXT.

I guess I have to stomach my way through watching 2.0 now.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

Heeerrre comes Star Dust!

Astonishing Member

What does this mean for Dustin and does Arn join Tully in mentoring FTR. What about FTR of the EVP's Cody was the voice of old school wrasslin sensibilities while the others are the indie darlings. Would Tully and Arn even be on roster if not for Cody?

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I refuse to believe that Cody would go back to WWE until I see him in the ring.

If he does go back, then he and Brandi are really crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Didn't watch much Raw last night, but I guess Owens was talking smack on Texas? They are slowly building a program with Austin. At the very least, some beer drinking, double middle fingers, and a stunner or two at Mania.
    Battle of the stunners !

Shades of Bret Hart ... "If North America was a human body , Texas would be its ass !"

Speaking of Bret Hart he detailed how stupid Eric Bischoff could be in WCW. That he detailed how he'd bring up working with Booker T , Benoit , Jericho and others there. Each time Bischoff told him No.

- He was like the Wizard of Oz holding power and each time he'd tell me NO or give some excuse why I couldn't work with anyone at times.

So Bret grew so tired and frustrated with it all. That the paychecks were great there but no one to work with. This came up where they told him to go to the ring and cut an interview. Bret is like...AGAINST WHO ? I'm not working with anyone as they couldn't tell him. But they wanted him to cut a promo so he tells Bischoff how he's gonna go discuss his cat in ring.

- Bret details he got in ring and brought up how he had no fans there , except his cat Smokey and how he was happy to just have him. He walks back and Bischoff is there. Who tells him how great it was. He loved the cat part as Bret realizes he can go further with it.

So Bret decides with his sarcastic dry wit he has to pitch how he can bring his pet cat each week to the ring in a cat carrier. That he can do this for weeks. Then against someone like Sting he can reach for the cat this time. But its a plush one...with a brick inside this time ! So he lays out Sting with the brick.

Bischoff was like THAT IS FANTASTIC IDEA !

Bret joked it was terrible but hey it beat a lot of what WCW was doing then.