Page 70 of 902 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170570 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 13529

*Sees a picture of Piper*

"Oh look! It's the fellow from They Live!"

DEAD.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    *Sees a picture of Piper*

"Oh look! It's the fellow from They Live!"

DEAD.
    "Slim Jim man (Randy Savage) , Pepsi Guy (CM Punk) , Angry Fellow (Jon Moxley) , " The part where he points at Andre and details on ROH TV he's taller than him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    "Slim Jim man (Randy Savage) , Pepsi Guy (CM Punk) , Angry Fellow (Jon Moxley) , " The part where he points at Andre and details on ROH TV he's taller than him.

"He actually designed the AEW logo."
    "They make good hamburgers."

DEAD. AGAIN.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Going from something good to something sad. Bret Hart details more on what hurt he felt over losing his career to Goldberg. And people have said Bret sounds bitter etc but watching this...its hard not to feel for him.

- Bret details that WCW the moment he got injured and was unable to work began cutting his pay each week. They cut his pay every week to the point where it was down to nothing by the time they released him a year later.

- Goldberg never called him for...8 months. That he apologized that 1 time but never spoke to him about it. Bret brings up that he reads Bill banked $3 million in Middle East for a show with other guys ; Bill should send him some money really. Because he ended his career and took $16 million off the table from him.

- But as we see it wasn't just the money as Hart details how he misses working in ring. How he loved walking out to fans and being there. That it hurt him a long time not being able to do that.

- The concussion he suffered was so bad as well. While he was happy to be home with his family and not worry about work , he couldn't live right. He couldn't watch TV , eat or do much at all with it. Factor in during this time he spent trying to fight Lloyd's of London over his insurance policy.

- Bret brings up his stroke and being in hospital. That seconds after he plugged in phone , somehow...Vince McMahon had gotten the number. That McMahon called to check on him and discuss putting out DVD's of his and bringing up Hall of Fame. That he was torn , half of him looked at Vince as a father figure who helped his career , the other half was angry. But he decided to speak with Vince....
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I'm a Jericho mark, so no comment.

I do think Sammy vs. Jericho is coming before you know it. Jericho really likes working with that kid and Sammy appears to have lots of favor among the lockerroom. Sammy, Page, Darby, Sky, Moxley, MJF, & Miro seem to be the best options to build up IMHO as the big scene of AEW.
    i have to say jericho is probably the most talented wrestler i hate, either him or hbk but i think jericho is better on the mic.

Yeah, I am weird.

Indifferent. If it's done well, it is done well. I was a big ol' advocate for Pancrase back in the day. I think that is when my love of Shibata and Minoru. I'm not super into legit fighting either, largely because the matches are too short.
    i dig it in moderation, bloodsport is doing some good stuff, it's like worked modern mma though with a fight club twist. part of the fun of the old uwfi or battlarts was the style vs style stuff, karate dude vs amateur wrestler or kick boxer vs submission grappler. the closest they get to that now is when they throw a brawler like homicide or nick gage into the mix.

I'm not sure we have.

Ultimo Dragon via WAR tape trading got me into puro. I wasn't a big mainstay ECW fan but when guys like Jericho, Ikuto Hidaka, Dick Togo, & TAKA showed up ... I loved those matches. Masato Tanaka, too.
    you got a head start on me, i didn't get to ecw until heatwave 98, that had tanaka vs awesome at least though. really liked the kaientai guys in wwe's lh division though. watched a ton of M-pro many years later though and love that japanese lucha ****.
    i remember seeing ultimo dragon in wcw and not knowing if he was mexican or japanese.

I was big into Inokism and All-Japan in the 90s. Even had a college bball team named Inokism! The Great Muta really cemented my love of Japanese wrestlers and that style. Mutoh is one of my all time favorites. Liger, Chono, and Dragon helped, too. WCW's mid 90s love of Japan was another great window.

I didn't really get into NJPW until the late 2000s, when I watched Shinsuke Nakamura and Chono in person at Nagoya ball out against Yuji and Milano! I had never seen a DA MELTZ 4.5 star match in person and then I got to see 2. That was when I became a Shinsuke mark.

Man, me too. I do think whomever comes will be people already here. So probably a lot of BC (Jay, KENTA, Tonga, etc) is my guess. I know Rocky has been shown a lot lately but there are not a lot of CHOAS stateside I don't think.
    outside of a tape or 2 i didn't really get to puro until around late 04-early 05(thanks Royal!!) NOAH was all the rage at the time, i sampled a little bit of everything and even though it was the dark age of NJPW i preferred it to NOAH. i'd try to stay close to current but mix in some older stuff. i really love the NJPW hashimoto/chono/muta era and the liger/otani/kanemoto/samurai/tanka + all the crazy talented gaijin junior division and preferred it to the misawa/kawada/kobashi/taue era of AJPW though that was great stuff too. back in those eras it felt to me like NJPW would do just enough where the others would do a little too much. was a big fan of ZERO-ONE too.

It sounds like that is coming. The split of the Inner Circle sounds like they're moving Jericho over to work with Kenny because an Omega & Jericho vs. Tana & Okada Dome/US arena megashow is something Kahn & NJPW want sooner than later.

Which opens up MJF and Sammy or Page for the title scene and Cody will need to be the one to carry that story to elevate MJF. I think Page and Sammy can get themselves into that scene rather easily without much help. I imagine Mox will be circling that, too.

Random aside:
    The Roku Channel's NJPW show this week will be showing the Osaka Jo Hall between Kazuchika Okada and EVIL which I think was during the New Japan Cup. It was a really good match, IMHO, and I'm not a huge fan of EVIL's work.
    it's going to be interesting to see what directions everybody goes in.

For those of you complaining, the OC vs. Omega match is now OC vs. PAC vs. Omega.
    i just don't get how people could complain about that in the 1st place. oc already proved he can deliver in that spot, and it's a solid defense for kenny. also have we not learned from charlotte that simply adding another good wrestler to a match doesn't automatically make it better??

btw, is charlotte a heel??

Cool Re:

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    btw, is charlotte a heel??
    Right now, Yes

Extraordinary Member

According to PWInsider, New Jack has passed away

Unhappy Re:

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

New Jack passing away is sad because he's the last dude you'd imagine passing. Maybe it was his years of hardcore violence etc. Wrestling will never have another New Jack who legit scared people with what he did.

RIP New Jack. You were an original for sure.

RIP NEW Jack. He didn't have a single move but still was one of my all time favorites.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I hope he went out in a wheelchair snorting coke like he wanted.

Congratulations to Natalya and Tamina as the new WWE women's tag champs!
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    New Jack passing away is sad because he's the last dude you'd imagine passing. Maybe it was his years of hardcore violence etc. Wrestling will never have another New Jack who legit scared people with what he did.

RIP New Jack. You were an original for sure.
    i felt the opposite sadly, in fact i don't think there's any way he could've passed that would of truly shocked me. whenever jack would pop up i'd think, man that guys lucky to be alive still.
    RIP.

not to be morbid or anything but i have similar feeling about flair.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i felt the opposite sadly, in fact i don't think there's any way he could've passed that would of truly shocked me. whenever jack would pop up i'd think, man that guys lucky to be alive still.
    RIP.

not to be morbid or anything but i have similar feeling about flair.
    It's not the model year. It's the mileage.

Dude put the mileage on.