Page 860 of 902 FirstFirst ... 360760810850856857858859860861862863864870 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 13529
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Some guy on Voices said that out of the 1200 plus Fan Council surveys, 97% talked about Punk.

Out of those 97%, over 400 did not want to see Punk versus roughly the same amount excited to see him. The remaining didn't know why it was a big deal and wondered who he was.

I've never seen their Fan Council data posted in A LONG time and I have not seen this anywhere else in writing. In fact, I just got my survey this morning. This would be yet another reason why dert Sheetz I hope keep getting werkt because they are getting ridiculous with conjecture.

Now if he had said, "I think the fan base will be split that knows him and the other half will tune in to learn more" I would think that's a valid hypothesis.

Making up data and altering history to fit your narrative is getting old in my book.
    I said it earlier and it has to be said again, the dirt sheetz are down bad.

Some of them have resorted to making stuff up just to suit their narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I said it earlier and it has to be said again, the dirt sheetz are down bad.

Some of them have resorted to making stuff up just to suit their narratives.
    Just like the BO Thread and this movie/that TV show threads...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Stevie Richards was happy for Punk. As he said , your a successful wrestler when you can keep having promoters , bookers , money marks pay your price each time.

Years ago we kinda felt Trips would bring Punk back if he had full power like now. If no one remembers the Rock after RAW went off the air one show tried calling Punk. To invite him to a show. Even Rocky wanted him back.

HHH in a joking way told someone, doesn’t he know we had a lawsuit against the guy ? But he was joking in a way. And no one told the Rock after it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I can see Seth and Punk tonight having a mic battle and Domink and Rhea come out. Where Punk has his 1st promo to joke about doing what Rey should have as a father. (He joked on twitter months ago to Rey he should have spanked Dom as a kid and internet people got mad)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Just heard this morning that Punk and Orton are WWE's top merchandise sellers.

Wow. Orton is a guy that I didn't like before but over time he's one guy that I've really grown to respect.

Starting to get the feeling that WWE is gonna be more cutthroat than ever. There could be a Strong possibility that they’re gonna use their power and influence to essentially make companies like AEW, NJPW,TNA, etc, etc, into feeder promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Starting to get the feeling that WWE is gonna be more cutthroat than ever. There could be a Strong possibility that they’re gonna use their power and influence to essentially make companies like AEW, NJPW,TNA, etc, etc, into feeder promotions.
    It already started.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Cody essentially told people (basically AEW guys in general) that if they wanna give WWE a chance and help the company they are welcome.

- One site (name escapes me , someone posted news article in FB group so take it with grain of salt ) claims some guys backstage are not happy with Tony Khan and how the CM Punk situation played out. They felt Punk would have returned before the year was out and that when some of them asked Tony about Punk's suspension etc....he never would really discuss it which possibly may have led them to believe he was coming back at some point. They were stunned to see him back in WWE.

- TNA had made a very big offer to Punk to try and sign him but the WWE one was one they never could match.

- Punk to no ones shock will be on RAW tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It already started.
    With the endgame being those companies get put out of business

Not really in a way.

Its the circle of pro wrestling in a way.....

AEW won't be able to keep all its young talent happy and pushed. Guys like Brian Pillman Jr and girls like Jade Cargill are moving onto bigger shows for more oppertunities. But in the same way the WWE will let some talent hit the free agent wire in a sense like Dolph Ziggler , Shelton Benjimen and more. They will cut guys/girls to make room.

TNA will pick up some young/old talent not wanted by AEW. As will NWA as well. Those talents will get a chance to get over and get a chance to grow into possible stars down the line to get a chance on bigger stages again. The cycle will continue to repeat as more talent come in and out of companies.

Its a nice ecosystem right now that can exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Not really in a way.

Its the circle of pro wrestling in a way.....

AEW won't be able to keep all its young talent happy and pushed. Guys like Brian Pillman Jr and girls like Jade Cargill are moving onto bigger shows for more oppertunities. But in the same way the WWE will let some talent hit the free agent wire in a sense like Dolph Ziggler , Shelton Benjimen and more. They will cut guys/girls to make room.

TNA will pick up some young/old talent not wanted by AEW. As will NWA as well. Those talents will get a chance to get over and get a chance to grow into possible stars down the line to get a chance on bigger stages again. The cycle will continue to repeat as more talent come in and out of companies.

Its a nice ecosystem right now that can exist.
    But for how long? With WWE, they don’t want to coexist with others, they want to dominate

I don't think AEW is out to put WWE out of business.

I also think the same is true for the E since Vince ain't there pulling strings.

I truly believe if they go on an all out territory war, not just a ratings battle, the men and women will unionize.

TKO and TK are the golden gooses, giving people zeros upon zeros at the end of their cheques.

They won't want it to end.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

But for how long? With WWE, they don’t want to coexist with others, they want to dominate
    Look at all the MMA Promotions. WWE will not try to put anyone out of business. They can use those other promotions to raise talent, then snipe them away.

Ultimate Member

AEW of the all the recent wrestling promotions is in the best position to hold onto its stars and thrive. It's really in AEWs hands on how it's going to manage their stars and get them to stay (at least as much as they can because WWE might be able to pay more money than AEW).

They have the foundation to provide a viable to alternative to WWE. It all goes to how TK is going to handle things behind the scenes. I heard that he's fully taken over the booking which is a step in the right direction but he'll probably need some help in this regard from some experienced folks in the biz.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Just like the BO Thread and this movie/that TV show threads...
    Absolutely.

I've pretty much abandoned those threads for a while now.