Page 658 of 902 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668708758 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    TNA was like any company that had good and bad. The one issue they had early was they were often thrown insane curve balls. Like a guy lying about PPV numbers they drew and nearly collapsed the company without Dixie Carter's parents buying in.

People would point at Jarrett being World Champion then. But it was done for a couple reasons from 2002 to 2006. The NWA was one who had to approve title switches. This would leave TNA in a spot til they established their own championship years later.

Then you had Shamrock up and leave. So with money issues TNA did the territory idea awhile. You knew Jeff Jarrett Ala Nick Bockwinkel would never leave the company. So he became the safe heel to book there awhile. (And let's be honest he was good at being a heel champion)

Talent wise TNA had young roster from 2002. AJ got a run in 2003 and many felt then it wasn't good or he was ready. Raven should have gotten a run then for sure. Abyss wasn't ready.

Once the company for sure had money coming in from Spike TV they were able to do 3 things. 1 sign bigger names and move on from NWA. And Jarrett went to a backstage role more as we saw.
    yeah, even with all the criticism thrown their way, Impact toughed it out and soldiered on throughout the years. Glad for them that their show is reaching 1000 episodes this September

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Reminder that Cena went easy on Theory. His first feud with Roman was not pretty

https://vxtwitter.com/trapholidayyy/...GQyLCflsQ&s=19

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have to say ....Impact Wrestling dodged a bullet where a few years ago Billy Corgan could have bought the company. His 1st years running NWA was pretty solid. But now he's seemingly went off the rails and is telling fans , they aren't real wrestling fans if they don't support Tyrus as NWA World Champion and ran off Nick Aldis due to his booking. And Corgan won't take advice on booking either.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Reminder that Cena went easy on Theory. His first feud with Roman was not pretty

https://vxtwitter.com/trapholidayyy/...GQyLCflsQ&s=19
    Facts usually hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Braun Strowman had neck fusion surgery. He will be gone for the rest of the year.

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/...bjZa_m82Q&s=19
    That explains why Ricochet wrestled as a solo on RAW this week. Get well soon, Braun.
    Watching television is not an activity.

TNA was like any company that had good and bad. The one issue they had early was they were often thrown insane curve balls. Like a guy lying about PPV numbers they drew and nearly collapsed the company without Dixie Carter's parents buying in.

People would point at Jarrett being World Champion then. But it was done for a couple reasons from 2002 to 2006. The NWA was one who had to approve title switches. This would leave TNA in a spot til they established their own championship years later.

Then you had Shamrock up and leave. So with money issues TNA did the territory idea awhile. You knew Jeff Jarrett Ala Nick Bockwinkel would never leave the company. So he became the safe heel to book there awhile. (And let's be honest he was good at being a heel champion)

Talent wise TNA had young roster from 2002. AJ got a run in 2003 and many felt then it wasn't good or he was ready. Raven should have gotten a run then for sure. Abyss wasn't ready.

Once the company for sure had money coming in from Spike TV they were able to do 3 things. 1 sign bigger names and move on from NWA. And Jarrett went to a backstage role more as we saw.
    no, all companies have good and bad, none are perfect but the difference between tna and the better promotions is their bad overall outweighed the good. their self inflicted wounds hurt them far more than the ones that were out of their control and they alienated their fans repeatedly with their unforced errors to the point they killed any good faith people had in them.

the stuff about slapnuts is such a tired argument, all i'll say about that is what would've happened if they didn't put slapnuts on top that didn't happen anyways?? bad ratings, low buyrates, forced to sell the company??

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    That Match between Maclin and PCO was an absolute bloodbath and I'm pretty sure we're gonna get Steve Maclin vs. Nick Aldis at Slammiversary
    does that actually xcite anybody??

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    yeah, even with all the criticism thrown their way, Impact toughed it out and soldiered on throughout the years. Glad for them that their show is reaching 1000 episodes this September
    the name survived kind of. credit to the roster & staff that suffered through the buys and sells and times of uncertainty. it's a shame more people didn't see josh alexander in a main event spot, that guy's a great talent.

rampage was damn good tonight. vikingo vs komander vs dralistico was just amazing. zsj vs action was great, willow vs emi was solid, shibata vs moriarti was good but the commercial kind of hurt it. moriarti is really underrated. holy **** that was one hell of an hour show.

oh **** speaking of being reminded of tna, karen angle vs aubrey. i'm sure there could be a few funny moments but i'd much rather they just didn't do it.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-03-2023 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    no, all companies have good and bad, none are perfect but the difference between tna and the better promotions is their bad overall outweighed the good. their self inflicted wounds hurt them far more than the ones that were out of their control and they alienated their fans repeatedly with their unforced errors to the point they killed any good faith people had in them.
    To you their bad out weighed their good...to you in your personal opinion. But the sad fact was ...TNA only really had 1 drawing type match and it was Joe vs Angle and that one was it. Yes they had great talent and yes some awful twists in storylines at times. But I can say the same about every promotion that has came and gone too. Even WWE. Your not gonna get errors in booking and TNA was as guilty of that as the next guy.

The "smarks" going crazy every time TNA didn't book something exact was funny. You had folks predicting the company's demise since 2007 even here and it was funny to watch.

the stuff about slapnuts is such a tired argument, all i'll say about that is what would've happened if they didn't put slapnuts on top that didn't happen anyways?? bad ratings, low buyrates, forced to sell the company??

They didn't put the title on Jarrett til the fall of 2002 and they didn't start booking him as top heel til mid or late 2003. In that span 3 men had championship reigns during this as they were tried at the top. Ken Shamrock , Ron Killens and AJ Styles. The company didn't have the depth of talent they would get starting in 2005 and once the Spike deal hit....once they got Booker T , Christian , Sting , etc....what happened ? Jarrett went to the back.

TNA really didn't have that top heel they needed til Raven arrived and yeah...he should have led S.E.X other than AJ then. But the company really was lacking on big main event talent even though they had a great mid-card of X-Division.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Speaking of weird....chaotic booking.....

I said this a few weeks ago that they would likely just create 1 Undisputed WWE Universal Championship for Reigns to carry around. So they wouldn't have 3 World title belts be on TV. So the other 2 will now be retired and given to Roman here on out. Its a weird deal in the 1st place to see done.

So now the belt will align merged with Roman being 1,000+ days as Champion.

All because they wouldn't have him drop 1 World title because they thought it would make him weak maybe ? Who knows....

To you their bad out weighed their good...to you in your personal opinion. But the sad fact was ...TNA only really had 1 drawing type match and it was Joe vs Angle and that one was it. Yes they had great talent and yes some awful twists in storylines at times. But I can say the same about every promotion that has came and gone too. Even WWE. Your not gonna get errors in booking and TNA was as guilty of that as the next guy.
    no you can't(not even sure you can say that truthfully about tna). i can even say czw had more than that and plenty of other promotions too.

think about this, did tna ever book anything as legendarily good as the clair lynch saga was legendarily bad??

The "smarks" going crazy every time TNA didn't book something exact was funny. You had folks predicting the company's demise since 2007 even here and it was funny to watch.
    that was funny, i would joke that if i predict tna will fold every year eventually i could say "called it". to be fair though they pretty much did fold eventually, somebody just bought the company.

They didn't put the title on Jarrett til the fall of 2002 and they didn't start booking him as top heel til mid or late 2003. In that span 3 men had championship reigns during this as they were tried at the top. Ken Shamrock , Ron Killens and AJ Styles. The company didn't have the depth of talent they would get starting in 2005 and once the Spike deal hit....once they got Booker T , Christian , Sting , etc....what happened ? Jarrett went to the back.

TNA really didn't have that top heel they needed til Raven arrived and yeah...he should have led S.E.X other than AJ then. But the company really was lacking on big main event talent even though they had a great mid-card of X-Division.
    thanks for the recap i suppose but didn't answer my question at all.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-03-2023 at 02:13 AM.

I said this a few weeks ago that they would likely just create 1 Undisputed WWE Universal Championship for Reigns to carry around. So they wouldn't have 3 World title belts be on TV. So the other 2 will now be retired and given to Roman here on out. Its a weird deal in the 1st place to see done.

All because they wouldn't have him drop 1 World title because they thought it would make him weak maybe ? Who knows....
    When HHH was comparing Reigns to the other "great ones" and their long title runs, the first thing I thought was all the other actually wrestled and didn't hide for months on end without a title defense. Roman's should have an * next to it, as he is a part time wrestler / champion. WWE even released a Roman appearance schedule for the rest of the summer. I believe they even said what some of his matches will be (I.E. - vs Jimmy Uso at MITB, and a tag match at SS (Him and Solo Vs. Jimmy and Jey). I think it was 10 times total he will appear (didn't say wrestle just appear) I would guess Solo will turn on Roman at SS, as a feud between them is rumored. I would guess the UC isn't coming off him before next year's Mania.

But both the wwe championship and universal championship are still ateve what's the point of this?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    no you can't(not even sure you can say that truthfully about tna). i can even say czw had more than that and plenty of other promotions too.

think about this, did tna ever book anything as legendarily good as the clair lynch saga was legendarily bad??

that was funny, i would joke that if i predict tna will fold every year eventually i could say "called it". to be fair though they pretty much did fold eventually, somebody just bought the company.

thanks for the recap i suppose but didn't answer my question at all.
    The best ppv match was Joe vs Angle. The 2-3 matches did their ppv buy rate. I can point at numerous angles that was like Lynch ran by other companies over the years. Companies do terrible storylines. Remember....Katie Vick ?

Also by your logic since Ring of Honor was sold twice...it folded ? Because they were sold twice.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    But both the wwe championship and universal championship are still ateve what's the point of this?
    The belts are now 1 merged title from this now apparently.

The belts are now 1 merged title from this now apparently.
    Not according to the website

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not according to the website
    My guess is they haven't updated the website yet.

If they wanted to keep both championships separate , they wouldn't have done a singular belt.