Page 241 of 902 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 13529
    Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They had a man come in...and win their World title and defend it against their workers. AGAIN....this isn't GFW or whatever happened before. This was AEW let their World Champion go on there and work their PPV's as World Champion.
    yeah, nothing there means there was an inter-promotional war or invasion.

I named an example...it was a wrestler working for NOAH who was still with them who came to Ring of Honor and won their world title and NOAH let him drop it to someone. Maybe you should ...ya know realize that this is an example even if you damn well f-cking hate it.
    Or who cares if he didn't lose to Joe then . Ring of Honor picked who they f'n wanted him to put over with that title and he did.
    that's a bad xample as morishima wasn't noah's top guy or champion, and i didn't hate it because morishima was awesome.

their customers at the time cared. i mean why make the guy your going to book as a monster champion lose on his 1st night if you don't have to??

Honestly no one knows what went on with that planning. Given that it seems it was thrown on Rampage as a quick title defense of that title.
    it was the 1st match of the debut rampage show, i really doubt it was just thrown together last minute.

Of course them not being on his level or AEW's makes no sense he'd work with them in the 1st place. Step back...think here. If Impact didn't have people that Omega felt was on his level as a World Champion to work with ...he wouldn't have done it. The deal wouldn't have been made and they would have went elsewhere. (NWA , MLW , ROH etc) .

And yes Impact is to blame because they seemed to not plan the end out. (which in the past is something they did a lot)
    this is where you either don't read or flat out ignore what was posted. it's not the talent not being on the level, impact has great talent, it's the promotion itself that isn't on the same level.

Except ....he lost to Christian , on a AEW show . So the entire idea that somehow Omega losing to a top guy in Impact would hurt him , dropping the title is silly here. Because he literally lost to Christian on AEW tv comically. Its the same title loss and all.
    but he got his win back in the bigger match for the clearly more important title.

And did the loss hurt the storyline ? NOPE. Because they saw it as Omega losing the Impact World title. Not his AEW World title. So there you go. Hangman would have still be protected and gotten the title as we saw.
    because kenny got his win back in the bigger match for the clearly more important title and was the clear winner in that program.

For awhile he was helped by Good Brothers as we saw. Those guys went back and forth. Omega did his part. Its the deal with groups leading these "invasions" at times. People can say , whats the power in a promotion ? Its the titles ..duh. Its pro wrestling and the only power is the titles in the company. As the Good Brothers were seen as part of the Elite its like them and Omega was taking over Impact awhile there.
    so kenny and good brothers invaded their own companies??

And...he didn't need it. Christian's a great wrestler and can still go. Like tonight in his new role as manager he was successful. He led his guys to victory chasing off the rival manager. But Christian doesn't need titles anymore or even needed this. Sure it was nice seeing him back on Impact again after so many years. But its clear the angle of Omega putting over an Impact guy would have carried way more weight since he kick started the angle.
    i never said he needed it. YOU SAID it did nothing for him.

of course omega putting over their guy would've carried more weight. it would've made the impact champion look superior to the aew champion. just like when kenny beat swann it made the aew champion look superior to the impact champion. aew would be dumb as **** to do that in their position.

To be fair AEW and Impact both make sh-tty booking decisions at times. One friend gave up watching as he was tired of it (tried to convince him to watch when Punk & Danielson came in , said he was tired of the show and how it was ran) . This was just one of them in each companies history.
    everybody makes mistakes, but i think it's safe to say impact takes the edge in shitty booking. just look at their current champions paths to the title for proof.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 01-06-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE released Gabe Sapolsky. They let a good booker out in the wild.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Nice to see the outpouring of praise for Regal after his release. Mentor to Danielson and apparently so many other "indie" guys and non-indie guys like Edge, etc.

I'm a huge Regal mark. I love going back and watching his best WCW and WWF stuff. Something so comforting and inspiring about his ring work, his workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Makes me wonder what the point of the judges was?
    I think it was a clever red herring. Made us/me think it would go the 60 mins, but they fooled us all.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-06-2022 at 12:50 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

WWE announced that Roman Reigns has been medically cleared. Big E lost the belt for nothing

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    WWE announced that Roman Reigns has been medically cleared. Big E lost the belt for nothing
    That take seems somewhat unfair given that Reigns, while cleared now, missed Day 1. He tested positive, and later didn't. Doesn't mean Reigns didn't have covid at one point. Being possibly immunocompromised, he might have gotten special aggressive treatments.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-06-2022 at 02:47 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

I have a feeling even if Brock wasn't in the four/five way Big E wasn't going to retain. They weren't booking him like he was going to keep the title either way, it would have been either been Lashley or Seth.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I have a feeling even if Brock wasn't in the four/five way Big E wasn't going to retain. They weren't booking him like he was going to keep the title either way, it would have been either been Lashley or Seth.
    From a report from Bleacher report or another site , it was gonna be Seth Rollins. Who now likely could be moved to Smackdown to face Reigns to give a fresh match up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Samoa Joe got released again.

Wtf WWE....

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Wtf WWE....
    Joe showing up in Impact or AEW would be nice. But is anyone shocked after he was made to drop the title so quick before NXT 2.0 ? I think we knew this was gonna happen sadly.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

At this point, one has to just wonder what is the end goal for WWE?

Everything that was being set up for the long haul by Triple H has been obliterated and firmly established as this gross failure that must not be spoken of anymore, and the overall quality of the roster has plummeted to what we've seen during the mid 90s or the mid 2000s, with Vince McMahon going back to people that spearheaded some of the crappiest eras of company history and listening to a corporate suit.

All this just feels like how it was for WCW before they went out of business; making all of the money on TV and spiting all the other revenue streams. Yet, viewership ratings keep declining and the only people tuning in consistently are the very old that, according to market demographics, are those least likely to spend on merchandise or attend live events (modern wrestling has sort of made it less appealing than the old territory days where you'd see grandmothers scream bloody murder at the heels, not to mention the price of admission). It's all a house of cards.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    At this point, one has to just wonder what is the end goal for WWE?

Everything that was being set up for the long haul by Triple H has been obliterated and firmly established as this gross failure that must not be spoken of anymore, and the overall quality of the roster has plummeted to what we've seen during the mid 90s or the mid 2000s, with Vince McMahon going back to people that spearheaded some of the crappiest eras of company history and listening to a corporate suit.

All this just feels like how it was for WCW before they went out of business; making all of the money on TV and spiting all the other revenue streams. Yet, viewership ratings keep declining and the only people tuning in consistently are the very old that, according to market demographics, are those least likely to spend on merchandise or attend live events (modern wrestling has sort of made it less appealing than the old territory days where you'd see grandmothers scream bloody murder at the heels, not to mention the price of admission). It's all a house of cards.

As said before Vince wants to create the next John Cena , Kurt Angle , Randy Orton , Batista for the company. Its why he gutted NXT , the company has already set down what they plan ahead.

- No one over 30 in NXT as a developmental.

- No one under 6'0 .

- No older stars going into NXT from the indies.

The company is returning to the mindset of wanting to create that type of star now instead of one already created that the WWE can't craft.

WWE released Gabe Sapolsky. They let a good booker out in the wild.
    "A Wild Gabe has appeared."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Joe showing up in Impact or AEW would be nice. But is anyone shocked after he was made to drop the title so quick before NXT 2.0 ? I think we knew this was gonna happen sadly.
    Joe was brought back so he can be a talent scout. He was always on borrowed time as far as being an active wrestler.