Page 49 of 902 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    April Fool's right??
    You may have saw it already but if not,apparently,Austin checked with Vince McMahon. Twice. The first time Austin wasn't sure due to the use of emojis. lol So,after checking a second time,Vince said it wasn't a problem.
    Please help Eisner Award winning comic book writer Paul Jenkins and his family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...7vlOjaJCkRwCIs

https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

for me mania is like SDCC. i wish i would've went to one in the 90's or even early 2000's but have 0 desire to go now, just doesn't seem worth it for what i enjoy about comics or wrestling.

Will Ospreay: IWGP World Heavyweight Champion.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Will Ospreay: IWGP World Heavyweight Champion.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.
    I don't want to be in this timeline.

so a sign of a bloated roster or where they rank, but the fatal 4 way tag match for the SD Tag titles is being held on this week's SD in a "special" WrestleMania match. Funny they can't fit it in on a 2 night 7 + hour mania. lol

Ultimate Member

Been trying to catch up on AEW and it's quite confusing. I watched the QT Marshall and Cody thing and I was thoroughly confused.

What's with the stables in the promotion? A lot of stuff looks very cluttered and a lot of angles are very messy.

They really, REALLY need to focus and building up guys solo.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Been trying to catch up on AEW and it's quite confusing. I watched the QT Marshall and Cody thing and I was thoroughly confused.

What's with the stables in the promotion? A lot of stuff looks very cluttered and a lot of angles are very messy.

They really, REALLY need to focus and building up guys solo.
    AEW expects you to follow Dark too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW expects you to follow Dark too.
    Which I don’t think is a bad idea thanks to the way media is changing... but I don’t know if it’s the best way to try and maintain content and appeal.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    so a sign of a bloated roster or where they rank, but the fatal 4 way tag match for the SD Tag titles is being held on this week's SD in a "special" WrestleMania match. Funny they can't fit it in on a 2 night 7 + hour mania. lol
    Maybe the Fatal 4 Way on Friday will have no definitive winner, but will clearly eliminate two of the teams, so that WWE can have a traditional 2 on 2 tag-team match for the titles on Sunday.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Maybe the Fatal 4 Way on Friday will have no definitive winner, but will clearly eliminate two of the teams, so that WWE can have a traditional 2 on 2 tag-team match for the titles on Sunday.
    PErhaps, but they're also doing the ARMBAR on Smackdown

Mighty Member

I suspect that this is a question of WWE trying to be bigger, shinier and louder than AEW. "Smackdown" featured a cage-match a few weeks ago.

AEW is not perfect. But, they have a sort of manic energy that WWE cannot match. (Sort of like early Image of Dreamwave, to use comics as a comparison.) So, WWE needs to go for volume. (As bad as AEW's recent "exploding barbed-wire death match" was, at least it was attempted without cinematics. WWE is relying on stuff that cannot be done with an audience.)

At least the tag-team match from Friday was good. Otis has improved in the last 6 months. And, guys like Dawkins suffer more for being next to guys like Montez, rather than any real deficiencies. The match flowed, and the chaos at the end looked pretty natural. Hopefully, the can repeat that this week.

WWE ruined a women's tag match on Friday with a series of non-sensical run-ins that were little more than an excuse to get all of the tag teams on screen at once. (This is made worse by the fact that they have not used the Riot Squad for several weeks before Friday.) It was a badly truncated match, broke the pacing of at least one storyline, and added no value while wasting talent. (Semi-related question: Is there something wrong with Billie Kay? She has barely been on tv for about a month, and she was not wrestling before that. If they are planning to use her a a manager, that is well and good. But, where the hell has she been?)

On a happier note, Carmella had a good match with Bianca.

Not sure what WWE is planning with Bryan, Reigns and Edge. Edge's heel turn was abrupt. And, we have to assume that Bryan is going to be wrestling much less after Mania (based on reports of him wanting to slow down, if only for a bit).

The Sami Zayn documentary was a fun way to set up for some matches with Owens. Hopefully, this stays mid-card, which WWE tends to handle pretty well.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

One of my friends talks about some of the problems (as he sees them) with AEW in his latest video -

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    (Semi-related question: Is there something wrong with Billie Kay? She has barely been on tv for about a month, and she was not wrestling before that. If they are planning to use her a a manager, that is well and good. But, where the hell has she been?)
    She was MIA for two weeks, but she's been in a few backstage skits on WWE.com where her storyline is that she was planning to audition to be Carmella's Somellier. I'm guessing she was moved to the background not having a wrestlemania storyline.

so how far will Braun of fallen if he jobs to Shane O Mac at Mania?

Ultimate Member

Or it's the dues that he has to pay for something big that is coming for him later on...