Page 10 of 902 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    they had something cool with the fiend, what they're trying to do with alexa is just forced. oh and it sucks too. alexa's playground managed to pull off what i thought was impossible, it was worse than moment of bliss. they completely fukt off aska as a champion.

it's the talent. wwe is loaded with talent wrestling fans want to see. the PPVs are still enjoyable because the talent gets to wrestle but the booking usually makes it all meaningless.
    Exactly this.

Like the whole Bliss/Asuka thing isn't good. Asuka is the champion, no matter who's the champion, they shouldn't be booked as being too scared. It hurts them and it really hurt Rollins.

What made Warrior/Undertaker and Hogan/Undertaker so great was it two powerhouses colliding. If Hogan or Warrior were scared to death, it doesn't help them.

Not to mention that they've completely wiped away Alexa as a character. Now, she's just "She-Fiend".

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Between how good AEW and impact are right now I'm not sure why anyone is bothering with wwe anymore.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are really sleeping on Impact Wrestling.

I personally prefer it to AEW but that's just me.

they had something cool with the fiend, what they're trying to do with alexa is just forced. oh and it sucks too. alexa's playground managed to pull off what i thought was impossible, it was worse than moment of bliss. they completely fukt off aska as a champion.
    Asuka was the wrong woman to do this with, they should have used someone more disposable. But Asuka's reign was ruined long before this. Nobody has cared about her title for months, instead there was the dumb Lana storyline which got nowhere and now there even dumber Charlotte storyline, none of which involves the titles. Bliss/Fiend has actually been much more interesting than anything what has been happening in women's division proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, people are really sleeping on Impact Wrestling.

Impact has a lot of taint to clean off still.

But it is the most watchable it has been in years.

It is more watchable than 75% of WWE's stuff right now ... but that is not a high bar.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Smackdown has consistently been good ever since Roman came back as the Tribal Chief, NXT's good, NXT UK is good and slept on heavy, Raw's hit or miss for me, it being 3 hours really hurts it, and I don't watch 205 Live. Raw's the only WWE show that isn't consistently good imo, so it's very easy to watch WWE when it produces 3 quality shows every week.
    Smackdown is good yes but just about 40% to 50% NXT is just too slow right not it's not what it used to be raw is just bad thers little to nothing worth anything on the show right now but that's just my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Smackdown has consistently been good ever since Roman came back as the Tribal Chief, NXT's good, NXT UK is good and slept on heavy,and I don't watch 205 Live.
    NXT UK!!!!!!!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXT_UK_Heritage_Cup
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NXT_UK...h_Rounds_Rules !!!!!!!!
    205motherfinglive
    AEW Dark
    https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...02765890887684
    Last edited by steve2275; 01-20-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Episode guide for the third season of dark side of the ring

The episode about the Smith family is gonna be super dark and depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I assumed it was the WWE-ized fan in me. I watch NXT and enjoy it, and it's all wrestling and very little drama. There are very few compelling reasons to watch--quite often I'm not really invested in any of the stories.

And that's ok because I do like wrestling, but I also think it's ok if I have to miss it for a week. And I think if I miss a few weeks nothing will have really changed.
    NXT's in a lose-lose situation, if they play things relatively safe and "nothing happens" most weeks people complain the show is boring. Do title matches, TakeOver level specials on TV, have main roster stars on, or any big angle and people will also complain they're doing hotshot booking to hurt AEW. They can't win.

Also Impact has good talent but it's not any better than SmackDown or NXT imo. The lack of a crowd severely hurts the atmosphere of the show, Josh Matthews on commentary is worse than Michael Cole and the production values are distractingly cheap to me. I know they've added crowd noises and have a new commentary team without Josh (thank God) but for the pandemic era shows, I don't think they've been all that great.

What memorable storylines, promos or characters has Impact had? The matches aren't better than NXT's, certainly not as good as Finn Balor vs Kyle O'Reilly, Rhea Ripley vs Raquel Gonzalez, WALTER vs Ilja Dragonuv or WALTER vs A-Kid. The 1st time people have talked about the company in a positive way probably since the Broken Matt stuff in 2016 is right now, and even then people only seem to specifically care about Kenny and the AEW segments, not Impact or it's talent, matches and non AEW segments.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 01-21-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Smackdown has consistently been good ever since Roman came back as the Tribal Chief, NXT's good, NXT UK is good and slept on heavy, Raw's hit or miss for me, it being 3 hours really hurts it, and I don't watch 205 Live. Raw's the only WWE show that isn't consistently good imo, so it's very easy to watch WWE when it produces 3 quality shows every week.
    RAW is more like "**** or miss" for me and i wish it was more miss and less shits.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

it's alright but i wouldn't advise anybody i know to go out of their way to see. i think it's taken a significant downturn in quality since cage, elgin, and tessa left and the presentation leaves a lot to be desired. they have some good talent but a lot of really stupid stuff too. d-lo & striker are definitely an upgrade in commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Asuka was the wrong woman to do this with, they should have used someone more disposable. But Asuka's reign was ruined long before this. Nobody has cared about her title for months, instead there was the dumb Lana storyline which got nowhere and now there even dumber Charlotte storyline, none of which involves the titles. Bliss/Fiend has actually been much more interesting than anything what has been happening in women's division proper.
    her title reign was fukt from the get go. after winning the belt via pregnancy she needed to be established instead they did that hotshotting that made her and sasha both look bad and it hasn't gotten much better since.

i really hope they just put charlotte and alexa in a program so they can just get all their **** out of the way at once.

did anybody else think it was kind of stupid for alexa who had just acknowledged that her and aska would be having a match later to say that if she wins the royal rumble she could face aska for the title at mania?? i mean if she wins she should probably get a title shot w/o having to win the rumble.

Wrestling title shot logic...well there is not even any real logic. Sometimes you get a title shot right away on same broadcast for no reason, sometimes it is built for months via Rumbles and tournaments and stuff, even though title shots are handed out left and right to various peoples meanwhile.
    And Alexa has not even cared about the title, or women's division in general, since Bray possessed her so why should she suddenly now? As I said, whole angle seems mostly about building a strong character for Rumble match so Bianca or Charlotte or whoever they want to put over looks better. And I guess it works as such. Hard to see her a Rumble threat otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Wrestling title shot logic...well there is not even any real logic. Sometimes you get a title shot right away on same broadcast for no reason, sometimes it is built for months via Rumbles and tournaments and stuff, even though title shots are handed out left and right to various peoples meanwhile.
    And Alexa has not even cared about the title, or women's division in general, since Bray possessed her so why should she suddenly now? As I said, whole angle seems mostly about building a strong character for Rumble match so Bianca or Charlotte or whoever they want to put over looks better. And I guess it works as such. Hard to see her a Rumble threat otherwise.
    it would be hilarious if alexa goes into the rumble and wins the thing no-selling like a monster the whole time.

how awesome would alexa vs goldberg at mania be??

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Impact has a lot of taint to clean off still.

But it is the most watchable it has been in years.

It is more watchable than 75% of WWE's stuff right now ... but that is not a high bar.
    hey Beastie did you catch aew main event last night?? do you agree now sammy looks like he's going to be the one to turn babyface?? also best tag team name of the year "sammy hager"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

NXT's in a lose-lose situation, if they play things relatively safe and "nothing happens" most weeks people complain the show is boring. Do title matches, TakeOver level specials on TV, have main roster stars on, or any big angle and people will also complain they're doing hotshot booking to hurt AEW. They can't win.

Also Impact has good talent but it's not any better than SmackDown or NXT imo. The lack of a crowd severely hurts the atmosphere of the show, Josh Matthews on commentary is worse than Michael Cole and the production values are distractingly cheap to me. I know they've added crowd noises and have a new commentary team without Josh (thank God) but for the pandemic era shows, I don't think they've been all that great.

What memorable storylines, promos or characters has Impact had? The matches aren't better than NXT's, certainly not as good as Finn Balor vs Kyle O'Reilly, Rhea Ripley vs Raquel Gonzalez, WALTER vs Ilja Dragonuv or WALTER vs A-Kid. The 1st time people have talked about the company in a positive way probably since the Broken Matt stuff in 2016 is right now, and even then people only seem to specifically care about Kenny and the AEW segments, not Impact or it's talent, matches and non AEW segments.
    It would do NXT some good to move out of Wednesday nights and calling up a few guys. NXT counter programming with Dynamite has done more to harm than help. A lot of it isn't organic and I hate how much it has devalued specialty matches to try to compete. NXT this past year has burned me out on ladder matches. They should definitely keep the TV specials so Takeovers can go back to being quarterly. I liked them more when they were less frequent.

NXT core roster needs a shake up. Gargano, Ciampa, and the UE have overstayed their welcome. I think O Riley should stick around as a solo but the rest of them have done everything they can possibly do.

hey Beastie did you catch aew main event last night?? do you agree now sammy looks like he's going to be the one to turn babyface?? also best tag team name of the year "sammy hager"
    Yes and yes and yes.

The Red Rocker himself endorsed the name, even.

I love how Sammy and LAX still don't understand the name.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

sound a little paranoid there. i think wwe would improve a lot if they actually listened to the complaints rather than blame the people for complaining aka the "whiners".

your timeline is a bit off there. impact had some buzz throughout 2019 with the influx of lucha underground talent like johnny mundo, taya, lucha bros, brian cage, willie mack and kevin kross.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yes and yes and yes.

The Red Rocker himself endorsed the name, even.

I love how Sammy and LAX still don't understand the name.
    it was before their time LOL