Page 102 of 902 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I absolutely agree. It's hard to know the right moment to pull an unpredictable surprise, but maybe AEW could use them some more to help get a heel over in a feud or springboard a babyface. WWE, when I used to (regularly) watch (1986-2004), was a bit more effective in that area.
    I suspect Page will beat Omega for the title as predicted, and then he'll lose his title on the first Defense as a shocking moment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Davey Boy Smith Jr worked a dark match on Smackdown last night. I guess he will be working for the company again.
    From the sound of this he is back in the company....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Harry looks so grizzle and old now. He had a Babyface when it was in the WWE ten years ago. His time in Japan teaming with Archer must have beat the boy out of him.

For it being the first show with fans in over 700 days, I thought Smackdown was just flat last night. The opening with Vince was great, but other than Finn Balor showing up and them actually doing something different with Corbin, it was more of the same stuff. Roman Reigns and the Uso's blah blah blah, Sami Zayn is still bitching, and Rollins is still Rollins. And we all know Reigns aint dropping the title anytime soon.

Extraordinary Member

That Ultimate X match made me a fan of Rohit TRaju

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    That Ultimate X match made me a fan of Rohit TRaju
    He’s been growing on me a bit lately. He wasn’t ready when they put the x title on him though.

Anybody else watching impact tonight?? No way Jose showed up, he must not have got the memo about AEW signing all wwe castoffs

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    For it being the first show with fans in over 700 days, I thought Smackdown was just flat last night. The opening with Vince was great, but other than Finn Balor showing up and them actually doing something different with Corbin, it was more of the same stuff. Roman Reigns and the Uso's blah blah blah, Sami Zayn is still bitching, and Rollins is still Rollins. And we all know Reigns aint dropping the title anytime soon.
    I'm was surprised the fans actually boo'd Reigns. I would think having real fans will turn him face.

Oh shit jay white

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    Oh shit jay white
    Are the rumors true!?

NJPW agreed to jobbing White to Omega if Omega will drop the titles to Ibushi to kick off a tourney because Ibushi will vacate all of them.

That was the rumor on the puro mags.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are the rumors true!?

NJPW agreed to jobbing White to Omega if Omega will drop the titles to Ibushi to kick off a tourney because Ibushi will vacate all of them.

There's no way Kenny's dropping the AEW title to anyone except Hangman

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Harry looks so grizzle and old now. He had a Babyface when it was in the WWE ten years ago. His time in Japan teaming with Archer must have beat the boy out of him.
    i've become a big fan over the last 6yrs or so. this kind of saddens me as i don't see them doing any more with him than they did last time. maybe they'll put him in a tag team with cesaro or something.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are the rumors true!?

who knows, shit is crazy these days. it seemed like a huge waste to debut jay in front of a tennesse impact audience. i don't think many people even knew who he is. ayways hope he works some indy dates while he's in the states.

i really hate when impact overloads ultimate x matches. 3 guys is all you need, 4 is okay. thunder rosa was a nice surprise. main event was good but man do i miss 2011ish sami.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-18-2021 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i've become a big fan over the last 6yrs or so. this kind of saddens me as i don't see them doing any more with him than they did last time. maybe they'll put him in a tag team with cesaro or something.
    He'll join the jobbers chasing the 24 / 7 title every week. lol

Uso's won the tag titles (yawn), Nikki Cross won the women's MIB match, little bit of a surprise there.

Big E won the men's match and John Cena is back. I really want Big E to be the guy who beats Reigns.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I was watching my ECW DVD collection I made, made up of WWE (and Pioneer) DVDs. And it dawned me just how much Vince McMahon basically saved and greatly enhanced ECW as a historic artifact.

When I was growing up and watching ECW on VHS in the late 90s, via the tape trading scene and ECW's Commercial tapes (VHS)...in retrospect, it really sucked compared to WWE Home Video/WWE Network. The ECW Commercial tapes had unbelievably poor pictures, not even VHS quality despite being on VHS. You have to wonder if the poor quality was possibly deliberate, to seem "underground." Even at the time, with no other options, I knew ECW's VHS output left a lot to be desired. VHS, as a medium, was a big vehicle for my consumption of wrestling growing up (via all the Coliseum Videos I owned, rented, and re-rented constantly), so ECW VHSs really hurt my consumption of ECW.

But man, you watch all the various ECW WWE Home Videos (or stuff from WWE Network, though I don't have WWE Net exactly), and you get a very different and infinitely better view of ECW. A much better vantage point to judge or reassess ECW. So many matches I was not able to see or review when I was a teen in ECW VHS land. And of the ones I saw had terrible quality to the point of sucking your enjoyment right out of even a decent or good match, so bad that it somewhat lowered your desire to own other ECW VHSs.

Of course, the present "musak" entrance music substitutes suck, and do take a lot away from getting the full ECW experience, but even Pioneer DVDs had entrances cut out and music gone or mostly so. So, that's nothing new.

I've been a more technical wrestling oriented fan (once I grew up enough), but man, there's something so satisfying, so fun, so raw about watching ECW in good clean quality. So many more good or fun ECW matches than I ever appreciated in the late 1990s, even despite being a fan (who even had the privilege of seeing a 1998 ECW house show in my hometown). The ECW Pioneer DVDs started improving my perception and love of ECW in the late 90s/early 00s, but there were just too few of those, and so only Vince McMahon, of all people, truly opened my eyes to the full record and library of ECW. Vince will go down as the great preservationist of wrestling history, a role that still surprises I'm sure many today considering the kind of seemingly ruthless competitor he was (who long hardly acknowledged even the mere existence of other promotions). That Vince's "preservationist" role is in substantial part motivated by money, in a way, just doesn't matter.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-19-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”