Page 110 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

I just don’t think his MMA career matters for Punk’s reception as a “work wrestler” - Kay Fabe is dead. Jericho legit subdued Goldberg in a few seconds back when Goldberg was supposed to be the Hulk. HHH, Seth Rollins, and John Cena all have worked victories over Brock Lesnar when everyone knows he’d likely annihilate them in a real fight. Kenny Omega and others have demonstrated for publicity how they can make literal dummies and children “manhandle” them in a “match.” Jake Hagar and Wardlow did an entire “worked” MMA fight.

What people are going to care about is how well Punk handles promos and holds up his end of the choreographed/improvised matches that pro-wrestling is about. Just because we now have a fun story to tell about the reality versus the fiction doesn’t mean the fiction won’t still be entertaining as hell.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

It takes me what feels like a year and a day to catch up on wrestling anymore but I just saw that Matthew Cardona won the GCW title over Nic Gage!?

I strongly dislike death matches and the like but that HEEL HEAT he got was epic.

Like Hogan turning on WCW level.

That was nuts!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

To hell with Punk I'd wanna see Danielson vs Omega or a feud with Orange Cassidy.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    To hell with Punk I'd wanna see Danielson vs Omega or a feud with Orange Cassidy.
    Ever seen their work in PWG?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-26-2021 at 01:40 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And some ROH for balance.

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-26-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Astonishing Member

It takes me what feels like a year and a day to catch up on wrestling anymore but I just saw that Matthew Cardona won the GCW title over Nic Gage!?
    His new character is very very good. I was a Zack Ryder stan and I hate Matthew Cardona lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    His new character is very very good. I was a Zack Ryder stan and I hate Matthew Cardona lol.
    Considering how much raw imagination and skill he showed at character work on his own initiative, it makes perfect sense he’d be able to flip the switch into a great heel character.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Boy Keith Lee comes back with 2 straight L's I guess he is the new Lana.

Astonishing Member

not on tvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv where
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Boy Keith Lee comes back with 2 straight L's I guess he is the new Lana.
    It’s looking more and more like Keith Lee will soon leave WWE.

I suspect the relationship between him and Vince has broken down and he’ll soon be out of the company.

It’s a waste of a good talent though.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Keith Lee is suppose to tell his story in a week to two about why he's been gone for so long. I'm interested in knowing if that's the reason why the bookers soured on him

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Keith Lee is suppose to tell his story in a week to two about why he's been gone for so long. I'm interested in knowing if that's the reason why the bookers soured on him
    There's a chance this is part of a kayfabe storyline as well. Maybe he's about to go through a gimmick change/transformation like Nikki ASH.

Astonishing Member

or he is promised something good will come out of all this jobbin like Lana was for eating all those tables for the turnaround never to arrive, just sayin Vinnie has done it before.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    or he is promised something good will come out of all this jobbin like Lana was for eating all those tables for the turnaround never to arrive, just sayin Vinnie has done it before.
    Knowing Vince, I doubt it.

It's obvious that Vince has soured on Lee.

It's pretty much a pattern with Vince at this point. Once you've "stepped on toes" in WWE you're automatically dropped down the card.