Page 111 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    or he is promised something good will come out of all this jobbin like Lana was for eating all those tables for the turnaround never to arrive, just sayin Vinnie has done it before.
    I do think she was going to win the titles with Asuka if she hadn't gotten injured in training.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I strongly dislike death matches and the like
    Yeah, same with me. That's why I hadn't seen a Gage match until recently. CZW I hated (and hate) with a passion. Foley vs Funk (1995, IWA Japan) is like the only one I own and much enjoy, mostly because their name-recognized storied legends and they're both being genuinely crazy (though some classic hardcore WWE & ECW matches I love are essentially death matches in a de facto sense).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-27-2021 at 10:39 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There's a chance this is part of a kayfabe storyline as well. Maybe he's about to go through a gimmick change/transformation like Nikki ASH.
    WWE doesn't get that benefit of the doubt from me.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I do think she was going to win the titles with Asuka if she hadn't gotten injured in training.
    She wasn't hurt when she teamed with Asuka. They took her payoff and gave it to Charlotte to pad her resume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She wasn't hurt when she teamed with Asuka. They took her payoff and gave it to Charlotte to pad her resume.
    I remember the rags were saying that she was injured right before they wrote her out storyline wise. Regardless, I would love to see her shoot interview on this whole storyline and it's total lack of a resolution. (Other than the "My hole!" thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Lashley's face. :lol:

Random rumor:

AEW has been floating to several talents a "Loser Gets A Tattoo and/or Removed" stip. Given the amount of tattooed people there ... could be a wild idea.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Lashley's face. :lol:

Random rumor:

AEW has been floating to several talents a "Loser Gets A Tattoo and/or Removed" stip. Given the amount of tattooed people there ... could be a wild idea.
    It's Brandi's secret way of getting Cody to remove his neck tattoo!

Astonishing Member

Lashley's double pin was interesting because the Almighty and the Head of the Table are walking parallel paths. If Bobby were able to turn the New Day Heels, then the Hurt Business and the Bloodline could be an epic rivalry. Lashley could target Brock to direspect all "Paul Heyman guys" and the Bloodline could target Big E to spite the New Day. Brand seperation could prolong the feud.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I bought one UFC PPV back many , many years ago because it had Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz. Shamrock looked really embarrassing in the ring , worse than Punk really. Since Shamrock was considered a UFC god and in the match he looked bad (he claimed he has a ACL injury in the fight) and his corner threw in towel in rd. 4.
    uhhhh, no. go watch that fight again and tell me if shamrock did anything like this

and mind you jiu jitsu was supposed to be his strong point.

also consider this, ortiz was the ufc light heavy weight champion at the time, and honestly would still beat the **** of punk now. punk was not fighting a champion, contender or even a prospect. he fought a hand selected opponent and was still outclassed.

Punk was a late 30's pro wrestler. Who really was coming in behind the 8 ball. If the MMA community can mock that , I'd imagine half of them wouldn't have the guts to do this type of thing. Even when taking a beating Punk showed a lot of class to do it.
    maybe but that's more to do with people just in general being scared to get into a fight not punk doing anything especially brave. i don't consider myself much of a tough guy but if i was offered even a quarter of what punk got to fight an opponent the same size as me hand picked to give me a chance at winning i'd do it. especially if there's going to be a ref and medical staff on hand and i get to train at a world renowned camp.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    reminds me of what Paige van Zant put on her instagram after anoither loss the other day "most wouldnt dare do what I do". It's a stupid point. Doesnt matter whether other people would dare to do it or not. you did it so you deserve crtiicism/praise based on how you did.

And as an aside, Paige van zant should really get out of the fighting game before she ruins herself.
    paige put on a good fight though. as long as she's not getting ktfo every other fight i think she's good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I just don’t think his MMA career matters for Punk’s reception as a “work wrestler” - Kay Fabe is dead. Jericho legit subdued Goldberg in a few seconds back when Goldberg was supposed to be the Hulk. HHH, Seth Rollins, and John Cena all have worked victories over Brock Lesnar when everyone knows he’d likely annihilate them in a real fight. Kenny Omega and others have demonstrated for publicity how they can make literal dummies and children “manhandle” them in a “match.” Jake Hagar and Wardlow did an entire “worked” MMA fight.

What people are going to care about is how well Punk handles promos and holds up his end of the choreographed/improvised matches that pro-wrestling is about. Just because we now have a fun story to tell about the reality versus the fiction doesn’t mean the fiction won’t still be entertaining as hell.
    agreed, i was just saying if he comes in i hope he takes a more traditional pro wrestling approach and not wrestle like an mma fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah, same with me. That's why I hadn't seen a Gage match until recently. CZW I hated (and hate) with a passion. Foley vs Funk (1995, IWA Japan) is like the only one I own and much enjoy, mostly because their name-recognized storied legends and they're both being genuinely crazy (though some classic hardcore WWE & ECW matches I love are essentially death matches in a de facto sense).
    CZW is underrated. yeah they put on more than their fair share of **** shows but those best of the best tourney's were great back in the day. they also don't get credit for building their own stars and not just booking whoever's hot. moxley, callihan, adam cole, gulak, gresham all made their names in czw.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-28-2021 at 01:06 AM.

There's reports of WWE doing a Queen of the Ring tournament in October. Can't wait for Charlotte to win that one too

AEW will never admit it, and many AEW fans will try to deny it, but the last two Dynamites (Fyter Fest) proved to me that AEW was deliberately holding back, not pulling the trigger on stuff for the non-crowd Dynamites during the pandemic. I long noticed that Dynamite was off during the pandemic, and now I realize it was more than just a lack of live crowd (it's so easy to think it was simply a matter of no crowd), but deliberate underbooking as well.

I can't say I blame them in a sense, but I was worried AEW was losing their mojo, and I tried to get my friend to watch more Dynamite (and I think he was underwhelmed), and last week....the truth dawned on me.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-28-2021 at 10:23 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    AEW will never admit it, and many AEW fans will try to deny it, but the last two Dynamites (Fyter Fest) proved to me that AEW was deliberately holding back, not pulling the trigger on stuff for the non-crowd Dynamites during the pandemic. I long noticed that Dynamite was off during the pandemic, and now I realize it was more than just a lack of live crowd (it's so easy to think it was simply a matter of no crowd), but deliberate underbooking as well.

I can't say I blame them in a sense, but I was worried AEW was losing their mojo, and I tried to get my friend to watch more Dynamite (and I think he was underwhelmed), and last week....the truth dawned on me.
    if they were holding back then wouldn't have have saved Moxley losing the title for a crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    if they were holding back then wouldn't have have saved Moxley losing the title for a crowd?
    No, I think they would have thought that too long to keep the title on Mox (I think they realized they had to push Kenny more and that simply couldn't wait).
    I'm talking about something macro they did in aggregate, overall. They did certain things/shows and PPVs (they tried hard with those I think) where they didn't hold back or held less back, but overall, it's super clear and obvious to me now they held back with most Dynamites.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-28-2021 at 12:21 PM.

The Juice!!!!