Page 112 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

Well, I now know I'm not a fan of glass in wrestling matches/brawls. For whatever reason, I can handle tacks, barbed wire, and stuff like that… but glass? Beyond, like, one table spot? No thank you!

…Still for the purposes of the story, seeing Jericho go through all that **** is really selling the “Labors of Jericho” idea.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Let the foreshadowing of the arrival of Punk ....BEGIN.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

i can't wait for the Juicy One to whip that ass clown like it's the 90's all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Well, I now know I'm not a fan of glass in wrestling matches/brawls. For whatever reason, I can handle tacks, barbed wire, and stuff like that… but glass? Beyond, like, one table spot? No thank you!

…Still for the purposes of the story, seeing Jericho go through all that **** is really selling the “Labors of Jericho” idea.
    it's difficult to get a good match out gage w/o that stuff. i will admit i mark out for light tube matches. would've been cool if they could've got one of the bjpw death match legend dudes like kasai or miyamoto. those guys can WERK a deathmatch.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Let the foreshadowing of the arrival of Punk ....BEGIN.

i'm praying it's a swerve for brianson
    Last edited by BigLbo; 07-29-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    The Juice!!!!
    IMHO, Jericho vs Juventud at SuperBrawl 1998 is Jericho's best WCW match. So this is a cool, interesting twist. Sadly, I expect Juvi will seem in far better shape and move better than Jericho.

(Yes, I think it was superior to Jericho vs Eddie at Fall Brawl 1997)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-29-2021 at 06:25 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Since they aren't going to pull the trigger on Jungle Boy getting the world title anytime soon (and honestly, they shouldn't. Hangman has been their priority for a bit now), I kind of wouldn't mind seeing him be the one to take the TNT title off Miro and have a good mid-card singles run to help establish him as a solo act. Not saying having him split from Jurassic Express (maybe work it like New Day thing), but just have a good singles run through the mid-card.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

AEW doesn't seem keen on breaking people up.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

TNT is pulling AEW clips. Not happy they got no warning about the excessive violence last night. FCC gave TNT a fine for not rating it TV-MA. They were also told a warning needs to go out prior to violent segments or face a blackout like with the pizza cutter.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And in follow-up to their $10K fine last year from the Maryland State Athletic Board, the state is considering banning them.

Which is bad because MSB is used by 11 other states, all states they tour. NY is already asking for assurances for AEW.

Sounds like AEW needs to figure out if they want to be ultra violent or not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And in follow-up to their $10K fine last year from the Maryland State Athletic Board, the state is considering banning them.

Which is bad because MSB is used by 11 other states, all states they tour. NY is already asking for assurances for AEW.

Sounds like AEW needs to figure out if they want to be ultra violent or not.
    For me, I don't care for the "death matches" and I'm not sure the mainstream wrestling fan does.

AEW could conveniently do away with them and I doubt it'll be a problem for them.

Although, I will confess I enjoyed the Nick Gage vs Painmaker Jericho match. It was tamer than the usual Gage stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    For me, I don't care for the "death matches" and I'm not sure the mainstream wrestling fan does.

AEW could conveniently do away with them and I doubt it'll be a problem for them.

Although, I will confess I enjoyed the Nick Gage vs Painmaker Jericho match. It was tamer than the usual Gage stuff.
    Yes, it was a tame deathmatch but still really violent if you've never seen that kind of match.

IMHO, they should've put that on a PPV. As with all the "Labours of Jericho" to really build up that MJF fight in the end. And to sell each challenger. Not sure why they're rushing it unless there's a retirement stip coming.

Also, the fine they got in 2020 from Maryland was for the "gore" (their words) in the Mox/Omega Lights Out Match.

I don't mind blood but they need to figure out that line.

I suspect these really violent matches won't bring in the lapsed fan or the new ones.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It was another strong Dynamite. The opening match and the final match were well done.

Regarding the FCC & MSB stuff: I want AEW to have all the freedom they can. Khan needs to use the TV-MA rating. And I think this MSB goes too far with its BS, but that's unlikely to change soon. Violence and blood is somewhat effective for gaining new or lapsed fans I think, my friend cited it as a reason for his interest in AEW.

I'm not much of a deathmatch type at all, but I like when promotions can surprise you any given night with different styles (and amounts of violence and blood).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Since they aren't going to pull the trigger on Jungle Boy getting the world title anytime soon (and honestly, they shouldn't. Hangman has been their priority for a bit now), I kind of wouldn't mind seeing him be the one to take the TNT title off Miro and have a good mid-card singles run to help establish him as a solo act. Not saying having him split from Jurassic Express (maybe work it like New Day thing), but just have a good singles run through the mid-card.
    Miro needs more big name feuds before dropping the title. So far Lance Archer in the only big name he's defended the title against (Darby doesn't count, since he won the belt off him)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Yes, it was a tame deathmatch but still really violent if you've never seen that kind of match.

IMHO, they should've put that on a PPV. As with all the "Labours of Jericho" to really build up that MJF fight in the end. And to sell each challenger. Not sure why they're rushing it unless there's a retirement stip coming.
    I've been assuming this whole time that Jericho vs MJF would be Jericho's retirement match

Doesn't Juvi run a fed AND a training facility?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Miro needs more big name feuds before dropping the title. So far Lance Archer in the only big name he's defended the title against (Darby doesn't count, since he won the belt off him)

I've been assuming this whole time that Jericho vs MJF would be Jericho's retirement match
    I don't know about retirement, but I could see Jericho going away for awhile if a Covid-postponed tour for Fozzy has finally been rescheduled.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

I would have had moxley feud with Miro but they seem to want to lean on his New Japan stuff right now.