Page 119 of 902 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I've hardly watched an ROH match that was past 2008. I started watching ROH thru its DVDs in 2002. And man, I loved it because it had AJ, Samoa Joe, Danielson, Low Ki, Daniels all in one place, doing some of their best "indy" work. I have high standards for promotions I'd say.

Those 5 were like the "new" generation of great wrestlers for me back then. Running parallel some to the great Benoit, Eddie, Kurt, Rey, Edge (Smackdown) generation that I was digging at the time. I only started watching TNA because it had AJ, Joe, and Daniels....at that point, I didn't care about Sting or Jarrett or Nash or the other ex-WCW (or ex-WWE) legacy guys (Kurt Angle I did still love and he did have some legit strong work during his TNA years, but of course it was mostly only with AJ, Joe, and Nigel McGuiness).
    an overlooked era in wrestling. the collapse of ecw may've had just as much impact as it's success. their closing down created the opportunity for other promotions to step up. you had roh doing their thing with those guys, japw doing theirs with homicide, hit squad, lethal and those kids, czw was bringing up the briscoes, trent acid, sonjay, hero, nick mondo and booking overseas talents like jody fleisch and johnny storm. on the west coast guys were coming up in socal in revolution pro like super dragon, b boy, scorpio sky etc. which of course led to the formation of pwg. before long everybody was sharing talents and doing crazy shows.
    like i said an overlooked era. i still have a bunch of 2002-2006 or so roh vhs tapes in my garage.

juvi vs the assclown started off pretty rough but i think they started getting their chemistry back mid match. when it counted most both guys were in perfect position for the finish. main event was great, black looked like a killer. awesome entrance attire. idk about the muay thai shorts though, looked a little generic.

damn, i hadn't seen 2.0 in years, they pretty much look the same. i just saw red death daniel garcia for the first time recently but i can't remember where, i like him though. it seems like there might be a little personality there under the intensity.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-05-2021 at 12:21 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In sad news , weeks after his wife had passed away ...Beautiful Bobby Eaton has passed at age 62. As a lot of people have said he was one of the nicest men in wrestling. A fact Steve Austin bragged on how good Eaton was to new wrestlers in WCW. Helping them with anything they needed on the road.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...way-at-age-62/
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

No way. I just started using him in my universe mode.
    Rip Bobby Eaton.

RIP to Bobby Eaton. Truly one of the best workers of all time.

"So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

#RIPBobbyEaton
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

This week's Dynamite wasn't as good as the last 3. which is gonna happen sometimes, I get it. It wasn't even promoted as a special titled event, I know that...but, still. Disappointing a bit.

"This is awesome" for Juvi vs Jericho?...hell no, it was far from awesome, in fact it was disappointing for this Labors thing. Should have went with something else IMHO. Cage or ladder match maybe.

I want to like The Blade more, he has a good look physically and a cool aesthetic/gimmick, and he gets good heat as a heel, but he's like a wrestler from the 80s (not in a good way)....all punch, kick, clothesline, suplex, bodyslam, and like very little else. His in ring skills just aren't enough for me for now to want to be more invested in him. Just because heels aren't supposed to outwrestle faces doesn't mean heels should have so thin a moveset or so little talent in the ring. I don't think much of Christian as a (singles) wrestler (though he has had one or two strong AEW matches I admit), but he looks like Angle/Benoit/Eddie compared to Blade.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-05-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

My friend gives his thoughts about the current state of AEW -

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So AEW in this episode seemed to give hints about future talent appearing soon. Kenny Omega was wearing a cookie monster shirt (a nod to CM Punk with CM initials) , one of the Bucks was wearing a Hawaiian shirt (a nod to Bray Wyatt) and Gallows was wearing a robe (a nod to Ric Flair) . There was someone wearing a red track suit which could be a nod to Bryan Danielson as well. This image has popped up on FB with people musing about the hints being made on talent coming there.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

God Bless Vince and WWE. The fans were always wrong.

Beastie's Match You (might) Not Find On A Network

NWA Mid American Championship
    "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton (with Jimmy Hart) (c) on excursion from CWA vs. Mike Meroni

October 25, 1980
    Memphis, TN

(Match starts at 1:50 if the link failed to start at it)

I know this was filmed for Memphis TV but I think Bobby was part of CWA at the time of this NWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship run. Which is why I don't think this match and episode can be found on the WWE Network.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Last week Dynamite has written out Page. I been hearing additional stuff about his kid being born and wanting time off. Sounds plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Last week Dynamite has written out Page. I been hearing additional stuff about his kid being born and wanting time off. Sounds plausible
    Yeah, bad timing for Hangman. While I understand his desire to be with his new child, chances this big seldom come along in Wrestling. You need to strike while the iron is hot. I hope he doesn't live to regret this decision.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, bad timing for Hangman. While I understand his desire to be with his new child, chances this big seldom come along in Wrestling. You need to strike while the iron is hot. I hope he doesn't live to regret this decision.
    The way he was written out they have the chance to give him one hell of a comeback story.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If Page instigated his own write out, then he's putting a lot of faith in Khan to preserve his spot (which is to presumably win the title), and perhaps his faith in Kenny to use whatever rapport/leverage Kenny has with Khan.

It appears this is working out so far for Page, given AEW's continued building up of the Page/Omega feud (and you figure/assume they'd only fight again soon if it's for the title).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-05-2021 at 02:13 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”