Page 125 of 902 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 13529

Isn't Triplemania this weekend? Was it pre-taped? I'm not 100% on Mexico COVID regulations, but it seems odd that Omega can wrestle Friday for Rampage and then wrestle in Mexico Sunday for Triplemania. I assumed there would be some kind of quarantine situation.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Jericho vs MJF..free TV. Omega vs Christian...free TV. So, what matches are gonna happen at All Out?
    I think with Omega v. Christian they wanted to load up the first episode of Rampage. WWE did something similar when the first weekly Smackdown happened and they did HHH/Rock for the championship. They want to go big for their debut.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Rampage is suppose to be a one hour show isn't it? That's a stacked card for a hour program

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Isn't Triplemania this weekend? Was it pre-taped? I'm not 100% on Mexico COVID regulations, but it seems odd that Omega can wrestle Friday for Rampage and then wrestle in Mexico Sunday for Triplemania. I assumed there would be some kind of quarantine situation.

I think with Omega v. Christian they wanted to load up the first episode of Rampage. WWE did something similar when the first weekly Smackdown happened and they did HHH/Rock for the championship. They want to go big for their debut.
    Mexico doesn't care.

And their vaccine rate is higher than all the US states they border.

They live off tourism. They won't do anything to hurt that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Jericho vs MJF..free TV. Omega vs Christian...free TV. So, what matches are gonna happen at All Out?
    My assumption....

MJF beats Jericho...Jericho puts his career on the line for the main event of All Out

Fantastic Member

Also Keith Lee just released his story
    • Got Covid
    • Developed a Heart Condition
    • Couldn't get treatment, wasn't able to work out
    • Finally cleared

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Johnny and Candice are going to have a baby.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnnyGar...18199673683968

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

what's joey up to?? i heard he trolled some anti-vaccine/mask meeting but that doesn't seem very heelish. also did he attend the meeting with drake younger?? wtf
    Trolling the anti-vax crowd is a very heelish thing to do given AEW's baseline fanbase.

The online smarks (read: us) tend to be the moderate to liberal part of the fanbase.

Random aside: I read a PEW and National Journal research study done in 2013 & 2018 about American sports. American pro wrestling fans came in as the most liberal fanbase and least likely to vote. Sounds about right ...

Also, Joey Janela is in Google's top 5 most searched terms as well as Twitter top 3 ...

They're coming! The Bad Boy of Summer is arriving (maybe)!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-12-2021 at 12:00 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    My assumption....

MJF beats Jericho...Jericho puts his career on the line for the main event of All Out
    Unlikely. TBS agreed to a show because of Jericho. His contract is up in April 2022. Career stips will come after 2021 IMHO. Then Chris maybe plays both sides against the other with AEW/WWE.

The most likely scenario is a dusty finish (by either Jericho or MJF) with a redo at the PPV.

Jericho has also clearly stated that over the years he wants to be retired as a heel, kicking and screaming while he is drug out of the arena.

He's pretty much the "face" of AEW at this point ... MJF can't take his place. Yet.

Omega has yet to have a "barn burner" to take his shine.

Bryan stands the best chance. Then AEW can move on from this uber face Jericho.

AEW still needs to build up some young lions like Sammy or Page to take his place.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Khan all but grabbing Jimmy Hart's megaphone to announce Punk on Aug 20th now:
    "[T]onight we’ll establish more of what’s coming on the premiere of Rampage. Of course, I think everyone knows what to expect on the second episode of Rampage, which is titled ‘The First Dance.’ And I expect the anticipation will continue to build.”
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...de-of-rampage/

It's weird that we're getting Omega vs Christian twice. Hopefully they'll find a way to make each encounter feel different enough.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-12-2021 at 12:53 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It's weird that we're getting Omega vs Christian twice. Hopefully they'll find a way to make each encounter feel different enough.
    Christian is a vet with a high workrate. And on an upswing.

Omega is in the waning period of his prime (still in his prime, mind you) with an exceptional workrate. He's currently running in one of the hot angles in wrestling.

I'm sure they'll deliver. Twice.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-12-2021 at 01:36 PM.

So AAA TRIPLEMANIA XXIX cannot be found in the US of A.

Due to actively ducking a US-based lawsuit over their international IP rights, DMCA takedowns, Irish lawsuits, and other legal issues ... they’ve closed up shop outside of Mexico to avoid more.

One of the Voices of Wrestling guys has been streaming AAA all year on his Twitch. He's doing the same for TripleMania XXIX. Be sure to leave a tip.

The Kameo Network is doing the same thing via Facebook.

If you're looking for TripleMania this weekend and live outside Mexico ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Heels due have to get heat, but there's still a line of good taste
    There's plenty of ways to get legitimate heel heat without being a walking Youtube comment

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So AAA TRIPLEMANIA XXIX cannot be found in the US of A.

Due to actively ducking a US-based lawsuit over their international IP rights, DMCA takedowns, Irish lawsuits, and other legal issues ... they’ve closed up shop outside of Mexico to avoid more.

One of the Voices of Wrestling guys has been streaming AAA all year on his Twitch. He's doing the same for TripleMania XXIX. Be sure to leave a tip.

The Kameo Network is doing the same thing via Facebook.

If you're looking for TripleMania this weekend and live outside Mexico ...
    Man, thank you for this. AAA isn't normally my cup of tea, but I try to catch TripleMania each year just to see if anything changes my opinion of it. Plus, I mean, c'mon. It's Omega/Andrade. I was planning on getting it just for that.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Man, thank you for this. AAA isn't normally my cup of tea, but I try to catch TripleMania each year just to see if anything changes my opinion of it. Plus, I mean, c'mon. It's Omega/Andrade. I was planning on getting it just for that.
    You're welcome!

While that might be the big draw for the outsiders, don't sleep on the main event of Psycho Clown vs. Escorpión in a Luchas de Apuestas. The mask vs. hair stip adds to the bitter Brazo de Plata family feud angle going on here. It stands a good shot at being a MotY contender, defiantly in lucha libre right now and perhaps overall. They are also all really pissed off at Ultimo Guerrero ATM (kayfabe and IRL, Mexican wrestlers and fans alike have learned he's a huge Hogan-esque SOB), so don't be surprised if Psycho Clown kicks out of the reverse superplex that Rey Escorpión has been using as a finish as a giant "FU" to Ultimo (that is Ultimo's super-protected finisher with zero kickouts to date when anyone in lucha uses it).

Also, AAA’s been planting seeds for Psycho Clown versus Andrade even before the Omega versus Andrade match was made official. Pyscho Clown has really come into his own with transitioning into a high workrate guy and Andrade needs some big matches to prove he's really world class.

Might be a big half of a year or so coming up for AAA.

The undercard looks rather hit and miss with the Deonna Purrazzo vs. Faby Apache Title vs. Title and the Tag Team title triple threat match look to be the other standouts (Penta/Fenix vs. Vikingo/Laredo Kid vs. Taurus & mystery partner [former ROH tag team champ, rumored to be Dragon Lee or Bandido]).

The trios match looks fairly standard, the Copa TripleMania will be as fun as it is terrible, and Marvel Lucha Libre match will be the first time they do it in front of a live crowd ... which will again either be amazing or terrible.

There is a rumored 8th match that is supposed to be one of the only other storylines they've ran all year (Psycho Clown/Escorpión & Apache vs. Purrazzo being the only others) coming to fruition. A mystery man has been assembling a group of rudos for an unknown purpose. The payoff for that was expected to lead into a match at TripleMania XXIX, including a bunch of the TV regulars (like the Arez/Aramis gang) who don’t seem to otherwise have a role on this show. That match would be worth going out of your way to see if it’s happening.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-12-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

As Jim Cornette joked on his podcast ; AEW better deliver Punk. Or those fans will burn tbe United Center down lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.