Page 126 of 902 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...nder-more.html on now
    Taylor Wilde vs. Tenille Dashwood. won by........
    X-Division Champion Josh Alexander vs. Daivari. non title won by
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-12-2021 at 05:41 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

For Super ...

Beastie's Match You Won't Find on a Network

Triple Threat Casket Match
    Tripp Cassidy vs. Atticus Cogar vs. Cold Teeth Steve Austinhausen

Bizarro Lucha
    Bizarro Gaga 10/13/2019
    Indianapolis, IN

Came for the skull caps and whoopasshausen, stayed for the Teethweisers and DTAhausens.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...nder-more.html on now
    Taylor Wilde vs. Tenille Dashwood. won by........
    X-Division Champion Josh Alexander vs. Daivari. non title won by
    what the??? su yung
    FinJuice vs. Chris Bey & Jay White. now won by

https://impactwrestling.com/2021/08/...re-the-impact/ https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/...83195259019268
    Number One Contender's Battle Royal for Impact Championship bout. won by.......huh
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-12-2021 at 07:06 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its a big gamble by AEW but from reports Punk and Danielson will have "creative control" of their characters and programs they want to work coming in. Punk according to Ringside News plans to appear every week in AEW.

From rumor deal Punk started to get the feeling to return a few months ago. That he wanted to return to wrestling. And with AEW now in a huge prime spot it made sense he'd get with Tony Khan.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Also Keith Lee just released his story
    • Got Covid
    • Developed a Heart Condition
    • Couldn't get treatment, wasn't able to work out
    • Finally cleared
    damn, wonder where he'll end up.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trolling the anti-vax crowd is a very heelish thing to do given AEW's baseline fanbase.

The online smarks (read: us) tend to be the moderate to liberal part of the fanbase.
    the world we live in where both trolling anti-vaxers and spreading vax mis-info gets heat from the same fanbase.

Random aside: I read a PEW and National Journal research study done in 2013 & 2018 about American sports. American pro wrestling fans came in as the most liberal fanbase and least likely to vote. Sounds about right ...

Also, Joey Janela is in Google's top 5 most searched terms as well as Twitter top 3 ...

They're coming! The Bad Boy of Summer is arriving (maybe)!
    FUKN MARKZ!!

i'm with it, just hope it's televised.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Khan all but grabbing Jimmy Hart's megaphone to announce Punk on Aug 20th now:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...de-of-rampage/

It's weird that we're getting Omega vs Christian twice. Hopefully they'll find a way to make each encounter feel different enough.
    i'd xpect they will, omega and christian are fairly smart fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Man, thank you for this. AAA isn't normally my cup of tea, but I try to catch TripleMania each year just to see if anything changes my opinion of it. Plus, I mean, c'mon. It's Omega/Andrade. I was planning on getting it just for that.
    speaking of aaa, why the hell isn't everybody booking hijo del vikingo??

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its a big gamble by AEW but from reports Punk and Danielson will have "creative control" of their characters and programs they want to work coming in. Punk according to Ringside News plans to appear every week in AEW.

From rumor deal Punk started to get the feeling to return a few months ago. That he wanted to return to wrestling. And with AEW now in a huge prime spot it made sense he'd get with Tony Khan.
    i really hope the arrivals of punk and brianson don't hinder the rise of others. i have a feeling punk is going to ruin the main event scene for me for a good while.

please don't let me down aew.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    damn, wonder where he'll end up.

the world we live in where both trolling anti-vaxers and spreading vax mis-info gets heat from the same fanbase.

FUKN MARKZ!!

i'm with it, just hope it's televised.

i'd xpect they will, omega and christian are fairly smart fellas.

speaking of aaa, why the hell isn't everybody booking hijo del vikingo??

i really hope the arrivals of punk and brianson don't hinder the rise of others. i have a feeling punk is going to ruin the main event scene for me for a good while.

please don't let me down aew.
    With the money they are paying Punk he's coming in like Hogan to WCW. You don't sign Punk to a huge deal and then sit him back away from the top spot.

Be pretty stupid to do here. If he shows up on August 20th its to basically start the build to a clash ahead with him vs Omega.

Nothing against Page here. But the big $$$ guy at this very moment is CM Punk. They have to run with him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

With the money they are paying Punk he's coming in like Hogan to WCW. You don't sign Punk to a huge deal and then sit him back away from the top spot.

Be pretty stupid to do here. If he shows up on August 20th its to basically start the build to a clash ahead with him vs Omega.

Nothing against Page here. But the big $$$ guy at this very moment is CM Punk. They have to run with him.
    i'm just talking about my personal wants as a fan. i'm not even a huge omega fan(though he really is THAT good) and punk as a babyface is especially sickening to me so that's a feud i can definitely pass on.

unless of course mike the "real truth" jackson joins the elite. holy shit, imagine the heat he'd get in chicago with dan lambert as his coach/manager!! sign me the fuk up for that.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-13-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hmm. Does anyone else think Danielson will be the bigger asset in the long run for AEW? Just seems like there's more interesting matchups there.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

They're like the only two wrestlers I'd trust right now as far as some creative control. And I want, particularly Danielson, to find the best opponents for himself with what little time/schedule he has left.

What really excites me though is the reports of their ability to work with NJPW. Hopefully that might extend to AAA and the lucha world as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Hmm. Does anyone else think Danielson will be the bigger asset in the long run for AEW? Just seems like there's more interesting matchups there.
    I agree with that. But I'm also biased towards Danielson as a I'm huge fan of his. Punk has surprised though over the years with his ability to take matches that seem uninteresting and make something some of them....I never thought he'd do great matches with Lesnar or Undertaker, but I was wrong.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-13-2021 at 07:01 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

I feel like Danielson is easily someone who can be trusted with creative control, simply because he seems to love the cooperative nature of the business and is noted for having enjoyed playing the heel to Kingston more than the face against Orton and Batista. I also think he’s more interested in dream matches, period, rather than riding high as the top card guy.

Punk is more interesting here because his entire ethos as a face back in WWE was rebelling against old stars keeping young stars down with backstage politics. If he was ever serious about his statements in the real world, than he’d be expected to likewise practice them when give them he chance…

…And that’s partially why I think the best thing we can hope for is Punk coming back as a de facto heel against Darby Allin. Like, he’ll still get cheers when he first appears, and is unlikely to be a “true heel” the way MJF has managed to do it… but the Jericho template of “beloved heel” might still work.

AEW has plenty of space for new heels.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

The problem with Bryan Danielson is that he wants to work in Japan. He wants to do G-1, take a crack at the IWGP titles, etc. Which means AEW can't do more with him that just "slot him in" when they need a workrate match with a guy that can build it up in 1 or less promos. He'll be a bit like PAC in that regard. New Japan is also missing a lot of the guys he wants to fight, so not sure how that will work for him. I'm concerned he'll have runs in AEW just like he did in WWE ... booked at the top only when they have no other options.

Which brings us to CM Punk ... he will clearly take the shine from Bryan up until he wrestles. Not sure how good he'll look since he looked like ass in MMA. He'll probably be fine but he's not Bryan or Omega or even Adam Page or Christian. Punk is doing what he fought against in WWE, he's taking Page's slot. Now if that turns into a feud where Punk goes heel and puts Page over ... that might work. Both those reasons are why I think having Punk around is a bit of a mistake. They will have to resist the temptation to overbook him and out of the two, Punk concerns me the most because I just don't see him putting someone over during his comeback.

Bryan I can see putting guys over. No so much Punk.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Are we seeing the fall of Triple H? Interesting piece below (which I excerpted).

Dave Meltzer’s reporting that Paul “Triple H” Levesque is internally being blamed for NXT not “winning the Wednesday night wars which WWE thought they would win easily.” Further, there are players backstage who’ve been worried they would lose power if Vince McMahon’s son-in-law took over the company. Now they’re using AEW’s success to bad mouth NXT, and by extension Triple H: “NXT is being cast as a product full of independent workers who can’t draw which is unable to attract a younger audience.”

The wrestlers Haitch signed to execute his vision are “pawns in the power struggle.” The releases are the obvious casualties...

To an extent, this makes sense. Triple H was the point person for an effort that failed. He would have been lauded if NXT squashed AEW; he’s gonna take the blame after they couldn’t achieve WWE’s goal.

Whether that was ever a reasonable goal is another question. Dynamite had some built-in advantages, namely being the shiny new toy. It was also a real alternative to Raw and SmackDown. NXT had been the most easily accessible outlet for fans who wanted to rage against the WWE machine. Once AEW came along, they had a flag to fly that didn’t contribute to Vince’s bottom line.

...But still, he was given a blank checkbook to execute his vision. And not enough fans chose that vision over the one Tony Khan put forth with AEW. Consequences were inevitable.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...e-nxt-politics

I would have been a big loyal NXT viewer had I not felt so burned and burned out by WWE around late 2004 and throughout the years seeing and hearing tidbits about Vince's bad decisions and directions. AEW for me is definitely somewhat of an anti-VKM flag for me. TNA, probably subconsciously, was an anti-Vince thing for me as well since I only watched TNA for Styles, Joe, Daniels (people who I knew Vince would never give the time of day to)(and when he eventually did, he watered them down, made them conform to his ways), and Angle.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-13-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

NXT was never going to beat AEW and I doubt anyone in WWE seriously thought that it would.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    NXT was never going to beat AEW and I doubt anyone in WWE seriously thought that it would.
    They wouldn't have used NXT counter program AEW if the powers that be believed that to be true.

I don't know about "beat" either but I do think the NXT was expected to blunt or slow some of AEW's success/rise. WWE did try to use NXT to counter program AEW. And NXT was probably expected to produce suitable talent to be promoted to Raw/Smackdown. And since Vince is so narrow minded and won't give smaller/indie guys much of a chance, it was probably doomed to fail to produce the type of "superstars" Vince expected it would.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-13-2021 at 01:44 PM.