Page 135 of 902 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    My analogy takes it to a notch of ...YOU CAN'T DO THE SAME THING EVERY TIME. Father bull wants to do what he's always done.

AEW has added tons of talent and new show. Which is nice but you have to grow with TV Ratings , Tickets sold , PPV Buyrates. As brought up by others Punk's biggest selling point is his 1st match as well. The more he wrestles that "demand" goes down. You have to strike and go with the biggest selling tools to older and newer growing audience. You want that newer audience to see Punk face the best and see if he STILL HAS IT. And you do your biggest sell job with Omega involved. Because not only does this help get new viewers to AEW it helps Kenny Omega.

Which I hope AEW understands. Punk has time to face Orange Cassidy , Darby Alin and everyone. But this is a pot of gold under a rainbow and you get 1 shot at making the biggest $$$ marquee match with such big things...once.

Pinacle is ...BOOORING. I mean beyond MJF and Wardlow ...who else is involved ? Also as one AEW fan on my FB joked...Wardlow is the case of an absolute great looking monster who shouldn't be wrestling.

Flair as Bischoff brought up to Conrad was , he could see what Flair was doing promo wise. He was trying to motivate these guys to be HUNGRY. To have that ANIMAL part in ring like the original Horsemen had. He wanted that killer part of them to emerge. Its why he brought em together. To be fair Wolfe was sadly the odd man out in this a fact Flair doesn't seem high on him and calls him Luger of the group in essence. So Wolfe was on a tryout deal against Lethal. lol
    do that **** backstage, he made those guys look foolish and it helped nobody involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It sure beats your great cow fuk analogy. Which made no sense at all.
    wtf, what part didn't you understand?? it's so simple and timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Mox tagging with Yuji was better than Gage teaming with Taurus. But the TripleMania match was overall better IMHO.

But Andrade won the surprise of the weekend with Flair.

And again ... Y'all screaming about who Punk should face (it will be Darby) ... Need to watch Omega vs. Andrade ... That needs to be the main program. Not Christian or Page.

Give me more of that kool aid please.
    honestly i don't care who punk wrestles, would actually prefer he didn't wrestle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Since we're expressing love for DK and Benoit style of wrestling one of my favorites is Timothy Thatcher. I'll say some of his best stuff was in Evolve and MLW. I like his rough technical style. He wrestles like a guy who enjoys hurting people. Not unlike Benoit when he was working heel.
    damn i don't even remember thatcher in mlw. i guess everybody passed through there at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd never even heard of Thatcher before NXT, but he impressed the heck out of me.
    thather stayed under the radar for a long time because he came out of the northern california scene, which gets no buzz at all. i remember when i first saw him he was doing a generic william regal gimmick. i was very happy for him when he started getting higher profile indy bookings.

NJPW confirmed that Shingo Takagi and BUSHI both have COVID.

That new belt is cursed.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

That table spot with Sting was not what I was expecting!!

I can hear Corny already ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-18-2021 at 05:40 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

I heart Robert Stone.

Extraordinary Member

So the Labors of Jericho ended in defeat at the hands of MJF. It makes sense they didn’t put this on All Out, as this kind of booking values reinforcing MJF’s prospects as a heel for the long run over the heroic pop of a Jericho win, and wouldn’t jive well with the feel-good atmosphere you want for a PPV.

I suspect that The Spanish God will be the one to avenge Jericho’s loss at some point, so that the young heel has a young face to match.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    So the Labors of Jericho ended in defeat at the hands of MJF. It makes sense they didn’t put this on All Out, as this kind of booking values reinforcing MJF’s prospects as a heel for the long run over the heroic pop of a Jericho win, and wouldn’t jive well with the feel-good atmosphere you want for a PPV.

I suspect that The Spanish God will be the one to avenge Jericho’s loss at some point, so that the young heel has a young face to match.
    i agree 100 percent
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

That table spot with Sting was not what I was expecting!!

I can hear Corny already ...
    yeah that caught me off guard too, was a fun moment though.

i've no issue with how the labors of jericho played out, it was a fun journey and it will be interesting where mjf goes from here when the landscape changes. i do have an issue with mjf finisher though. i can't buy a fujiwara armbar as a finisher from him, no matter how much he works the arm. it's just not a good fit for him imo.

with the no nonsense types getting love in the thread recently i want to again point out daniel garcia as one to keep an eye on

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah that caught me off guard too, was a fun moment though.

i've no issue with how the labors of jericho played out, it was a fun journey and it will be interesting where mjf goes from here when the landscape changes. i do have an issue with mjf finisher though. i can't buy a fujiwara armbar as a finisher from him, no matter how much he works the arm. it's just not a good fit for him imo.

with the no nonsense types getting love in the thread recently i want to again point out daniel garcia as one to keep an eye on
    I think it fits his character to use the Salt of the Earth armbar. The kid likes to steal moves his whole career and the amber fits his schtick IMHO.

He used the Double Cross (Rolling Cutter) - parodied from Cody - during that feud. His Heat Seeker Piledriver is kind of a mega finish for him. The South Hamptons Plunge (a Hammerlock DDT) is very cool IMHO. He needs to use that more.

I half expected him to use a Judas Effect variant to win since he likes to steal moves in his AEW feuds.

I mean, we kind of got it in the match with his move stealing gimmick. But he completed it with the armbar after his own Judas Effect.

And Jericho losing to an armbar is freaking funny IMHO. The promos from MJF are going to be epic.

I fully expect a rematch at some point with Jericho putting something big on the line. And I expect Sammy to avenge him!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-19-2021 at 02:29 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think it fits his character to use the Salt of the Earth armbar. The kid likes to steal moves his whole career and the amber fits his schtick IMHO.

He used the Double Cross (Rolling Cutter) - parodied from Cody - during that feud. His Heat Seeker Piledriver is kind of a mega finish for him. The South Hamptons Plunge (a Hammerlock DDT) is very cool IMHO. He needs to use that more.

I half expected him to use a Judas Effect variant to win since he likes to steal moves in his AEW feuds.

I mean, we kind of got it in the match with his move stealing gimmick. But he completed it with the armbar after his own Judas Effect.

And Jericho losing to an armbar is freaking funny IMHO. The promos from MJF are going to be epic.

I fully expect a rematch at some point with Jericho putting something big on the line. And I expect Sammy to avenge him!
    i think any of those moves make a better finish for him. to me to use a really basic move like that as a finisher you either need to be either incredibly strong or technically skilled.

sammy really should be the one.

forgot to say my girl jamie hayter is looking fit. personally i thought she looked great before with a bit more weight on her but props to her for all the work she put in to achieve the look she wanted. also britt baker is at charlotte level of "is she supposed to be a heel or face??" because that's no damn tweener.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-19-2021 at 04:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think any of those moves make a better finish for him. to me to use a really basic move like that as a finisher you either need to be either incredibly strong or technically skilled.

sammy really should be the one.

forgot to say my girl jamie hayter is looking fit. personally i thought she looked great before with a bit more weight on her but props to her for all the work she put in to achieve the look she wanted. also britt baker is at charlotte level of "is she supposed to be a heel or face??" because that's no damn tweener.
    I think when you reach that level of “over heel,” you start booking the character based off of strictly how the audience will react, rather than off what the character *is.* That’s when you consider having the wrestler’s audible their finish in the biggest matches depending on whether they hear more “Yes!” or “No!” to their working the crowd.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I think when you reach that level of “over heel,” you start booking the character based off of strictly how the audience will react, rather than off what the character *is.* That’s when you consider having the wrestler’s audible their finish in the biggest matches depending on whether they hear more “Yes!” or “No!” to their working the crowd.
    i don't disagree, so then i think they need to start booking her more as a face or at the very least a tweener.

Astonishing Member

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...-and-more.html
    i dont think tonight's episode looks all that bad

Moose & Ace Austin vs. Chris Sabin & Sami Callihan.
    Matt Cardona vs. Shera.
    Madison Rayne guests on All About Me with Tenille Dashwood.
    New Impact Wrestling Champion Christian Cage will appear. now
    The NWA's Melina Perez in action. vs brandi lauren
    jordynn grace workout vid
    Doc Gallows vs. Joe Doering.(theres that spot)
    not too bad of an episode
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-19-2021 at 07:05 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...-and-more.html
    i dont think tonight's episode looks all that bad

Moose & Ace Austin vs. Chris Sabin & Sami Callihan.
    Matt Cardona vs. Shera.
    Madison Rayne guests on All About Me with Tenille Dashwood.
    New Impact Wrestling Champion Christian Cage will appear. now
    The NWA's Melina Perez in action. vs brandi lauren
    jordynn grace workout vid
    Doc Gallows vs. Joe Doering.(theres that spot)
    not too bad of an episode
    Melina looked fantastic.

Doc vs. Joe was a really good match.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

According to this TNT and Warner Media are putting a lot of promotional push behind CM Punk's arrival tonight. Given how quick tickets sold..

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-...-coming-to-aew
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Buddy Murphy will now go by Buddy Matthews.