Page 138 of 902 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238638 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 13529
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Yeah he will pin some guys like Darby or Sting on Dynamite.
    I hope they hold off Sting vs Punk for a nice solo program. Maybe when Punk eventually goes heel.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

The difference is Tony Khan is legitimately richer than all those other people, possibly combined. Khan's net worth is 7B, WWE's market cap is 3.6B (some analysts say the company is worth close to 5B). In any case, unlike those other guys, Khan can afford to run this vanity project for decades.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    The difference is Tony Khan is legitimately richer than all those other people, possibly combined. Khan's net worth is 7B, WWE's market cap is 3.6B (some analysts say the company is worth close to 5B). In any case, unlike those other guys, Khan can afford to run this vanity project for decades.
    Turner is the real 1st who kept a vanity project running and likely would still have it running had he not lost control through mergers etc. WCW was losing $6 million a year in early 90's. Its said a Turner Executive brought up closing WCW. Ted its said told him to never bring that up again. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Considering CM Punk returning and just talking was a massive, era-defining moment, I see no reason to combine him with the champion storyline until later, so you get at least two “hills” to his debut with the company.

I literally don’t see any way that putting him in the championship picture adds to him right now; he can’t really get any bigger right now because of how special his return by itself is. Milk that moment for its own, once-in-a-lifetime value, than milk his return to the championship picture for its own power once he’s re-established, and use him to make sure people pay attention to the younger stars and other storylines as well, so that he and the other talent can be slotted into a stronger, more fertile ground throughout the years.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Considering CM Punk returning and just talking was a massive, era-defining moment, I see no reason to combine him with the champion storyline until later, so you get at least two “hills” to his debut with the company.

I literally don’t see any way that putting him in the championship picture adds to him right now; he can’t really get any bigger right now because of how special his return by itself is. Milk that moment for its own, once-in-a-lifetime value, than milk his return to the championship picture for its own power once he’s re-established, and use him to make sure people pay attention to the younger stars and other storylines as well, so that he and the other talent can be slotted into a stronger, more fertile ground throughout the years.
    Exactly this.

There's no reason to rush anything.

Let AEW maximise Punk's return to strengthen the roster.

So, saw a clip where Roman tells Cena if he looses at Sumerslam, he'll leave the company. At first, I figured they just gave away the end of the match- no way Roman is leaving, so he'll go over. But with the Delta variant surging, and Reign's history of health problems, I just started wondering if this is a way to write him off the show for the time being? Maybe he doesn't want to risk touring and being around live crowds (and I wouldn't blame him for that. His health has to come first).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, saw a clip where Roman tells Cena if he looses at Sumerslam, he'll leave the company. At first, I figured they just gave away the end of the match- no way Roman is leaving, so he'll go over. But with the Delta variant surging, and Reign's history of health problems, I just started wondering if this is a way to write him off the show for the time being? Maybe he doesn't want to risk touring and being around live crowds (and I wouldn't blame him for that. His health has to come first).
    you know that makes sense
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That would be a wiser decision than not, really.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

This might be one of the worst Summer Slams ever so far.

I thought they kinda ruined Becky's return and shit on Bianca's otherwise dominant reign.

Extraordinary Member

They brought Becky back to counter CM Punk's return, and in doing so demonstrated why he left

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Why did had to crap on my girl Bianca like that? This is why this dumb company can't make stars.

Forgot Summerslam was tonight. Just read some results. 4 Title changes so far, not happy they crapped on Bianca, and yawn put the belt back on Flair, but happy to see RKBro and Priest win.

Brock Lesnar returned for that Saudi paycheck.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

There was a time when Raw was the apple of Vince's eye and Smackdown was the red headed stepchild. Now Smackdown gets Edge, Cena, Becky and Brock. While Lashley gets saddled with a broken down Goldberg despite lobbying for Brock. Even though Raw needs storylines and quality wrestlers especially since it has 3 hours to fill but now everything is tilting towards Smackdown. What did USA do to Vince, first he starts to kneecap NXT and now this. Smackdown is now the hot mistress.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    There was a time when Raw was the apple of Vince's eye and Smackdown was the red headed stepchild. Now Smackdown gets Edge, Cena, Becky and Brock. While Lashley gets saddled with a broken down Goldberg despite lobbying for Brock. Even though Raw needs storylines and quality wrestlers especially since it has 3 hours to fill but now everything is tilting towards Smackdown. What did USA do to Vince, first he starts to kneecap NXT and now this. Smackdown is now the hot mistress.
    FOX is paying more for Smackdown than USA is for RAW. Thus they get the Stars.