Page 14 of 902 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The wear and tear of being on the road for a long time can really take a toll on a person so its not surprising that they like not moving around so much, I'd guess that it would help both their physical and mental well being...
    From various interviews I've read or heard with wrestlers throughout the years, that seems to be what they say is the hardest part. Not the physical exercise or stage fright or injuries or memorizing the moves or Vince McMahon throwing a fit if they mess anything up but just constantly being on the road without the ability to just do their job and go home for the night. The average wrestler is on the road about 270 days a year.
    Power with Girl is better.

Edge is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. But he didn't need that win.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I like Edge a lot too and I did get nostalgic with the little moment with him and Christian reuniting. But honestly, he didn’t need to win the Rumble. I would have gave it to Daniel Bryan, Big E, Bobby Lashley, and even Seth or Randy. Seth and Randy didn’t need it either but if they had won either of them against heel Roman at Mania would have been interesting.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 01-31-2021 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I was shocked they had Edge win. i figured Orton would come back at the end and pull out the win. Who does Edge challenge? Does Orton some how end up with the belt again and face Edge? Little surprised we didn't see the Fiend at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    One of my real-life friends is struggling with an ongoing chronic medical condition. He's feeling a bit depressed and useless. He has started a YouTube Channel primarily dealing with Pro Wrestling, Video Games, Comics so Pop Culture content to help him pass the time. While we don't always see eye to eye I always find his videos entertaining and informative. Please watch his videos if you can as IWC/Comic Book fans we know how hard it is to grapple with mental health issues while also burdened with physical problems.

His latest Pro Wrestling video -

His Channel link -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6...D6Rrl1T2qXUo5g

If you give his content a watch, thanks.
    Looks good and he's right. I've listened to a lot of Cornette's youtube stuff. He is very pro-gay rights and such. But his attitude towards wrestling is that professional wrestling is long dead and there's this thing called sports entertainment or wrestling art and that you never get the visceral reaction you once got because they've told everybody it's a put-on.

That's somewhat true that there used to be more people that thought it might be totally real (based on riots and people trying to stab or attack the heels). But I suspect half the fans knew what it was. I think it's more interesting now because you can get some insights rather than an absurd pretense. I'm not saying I really wanted twenty minutes of a guy throwing himself around the ring and pretending to be put in holds by an invisible man (that should have been a 2 minute joke). But that sort of thing has always been true.

I suspect men like Jim Londos or George Hackenschmidt from the early 20th century when pro wrestling might not even have been a work hated the Lou Thesz era because it was worked. But it saved wrestling from extinction.

It's on record that Lou Thesz despised gimmick wrestlers like Gorgeous George but GG put wrestling on the map and made it bigger than ever.
    '
    Cornette came in during that gimmick era though much later than GG. He seems to act like wrestling was serious and respected then and it's only supernatural gimmicks like the Undertaker (who he likes personally) and, later, the Fiend and the Invisible Man, that are making it a joke.

I agree with this guy that Cornette can be vicious. I saw him talk about an interview Jordynne Grace did about how we've reached the point long ago where they don't have to maintain the pretense that they are the character except during a show. He completely misrepresented her and made it out like she was some crybaby child when she's just being realistic about where the wrestling business is now instead of in the 1970s.

On the one hand (and I say this as someone who remembers wrestling in the '60s and '70s), he comes across as an old man whining that things aren't how they were in "his day". On the other hand, he's intentionally creating "heat" and making himself relevant again in the process.

But the guy doing this video is quite right. I assumed the guy who works with Cornette on these videos had some involvement in the wrestling business. Good to know he's just a fan who happens to be rich.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    I was shocked they had Edge win. i figured Orton would come back at the end and pull out the win. Who does Edge challenge? Does Orton some how end up with the belt again and face Edge? Little surprised we didn't see the Fiend at all.
    I feel like Edge's win *******phs things. Drew McIntyre is not holding onto that belt all the way to Wrestlemania. It's Miz or Orton somehow getting the title back.
    Last edited by titanfan; 01-31-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    This years rumble was a let down in regards to surprise returns and/ special appearances of legends past. The dirt sheets had a lot of wild rumors and only one was true ( Seth returning). There was hype Cena would appear in the rumble, CM Punk, and Rhonda coming back in the women’s royal rumble. Becky was backstage and teased a surprise appearance on Twitter but that never happened.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    One of my real-life friends is struggling with an ongoing chronic medical condition. He's feeling a bit depressed and useless. He has started a YouTube Channel primarily dealing with Pro Wrestling, Video Games, Comics so Pop Culture content to help him pass the time. While we don't always see eye to eye I always find his videos entertaining and informative. Please watch his videos if you can as IWC/Comic Book fans we know how hard it is to grapple with mental health issues while also burdened with physical problems.

His latest Pro Wrestling video -

His Channel link -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6...D6Rrl1T2qXUo5g

If you give his content a watch, thanks.

I'm not a big fan of Cornette's blasting of Jericho. The fat jokes etc is in bad taste. It was in terrible taste when people mocked Matt Hardy years earlier after he couldn't work out after a medical condition (he had a muscle go through his intestine).

Only 1 thing I do think Cornette has right is Jericho's work has suffered ...A LOT. He is 50 years old now but ring wise in clips he looks , bad. He did a lionsault that looked so bad I felt sad for Jericho and how great a worker he once was. He needs to adjust his style to fit who he is now if he can't do these moves he once did. Or get back in better ring shape to do it.

He's a hell of a mic worker but he needs to either change his ring style to fit this current era Jericho. Or start getting in ring shape to do what he once did.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

At least it's not Brock but really why edge? Why not john morrison or Lashley?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bianca won her Rumble. I'm going to focus on tonight's victories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    At least it's not Brock but really why edge? Why not john morrison or Lashley?
    Because Morrison is currently a jobber and lackey. The only path he has to the title is via turning on Miz.

And Lashley already has a belt.

Meanwhile Edge, while older, is still capable of putting in a good match and will work excellently as a foe to either Reigns or McIntyre.

Edge is a very solid choice as winner

Ultimate Member

Drew vs. Goldberg was, whatever.

Sasha vs. Mella wasn’t quite a good as their last match, but it was still a solid match. Hopefully this is the end of the feud now.

The Women’s Rumble was really fun. And those last two were PERFECT!! I’d have been happy to see either of them win. Hopefully this means that WWE is going to push them as top stars going forward because that’s the future of the Women’s Division right there. I hope Rhea goes after the Raw title for Mania as well.

KO vs. Roman was a great match, with an unfortunately botched finish with the handcuffs.

The Men’s Rumble was also really fun. But personally, seeing a 47 year old part timer win it does nothing for me. And I say that as someone who LOVES Edge.

Fun show overall.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Cornette's blasting of Jericho. The fat jokes etc is in bad taste. It was in terrible taste when people mocked Matt Hardy years earlier after he couldn't work out after a medical condition (he had a muscle go through his intestine).

Only 1 thing I do think Cornette has right is Jericho's work has suffered ...A LOT. He is 50 years old now but ring wise in clips he looks , bad. He did a lionsault that looked so bad I felt sad for Jericho and how great a worker he once was. He needs to adjust his style to fit who he is now if he can't do these moves he once did. Or get back in better ring shape to do it.

He's a hell of a mic worker but he needs to either change his ring style to fit this current era Jericho. Or start getting in ring shape to do what he once did.
    I agree with your assessment of Jericho (as does my friend in his video) he has certainly lost a step (my friend actually made a vid about this subject). I think what bothers me and my buddy is how mean-spirited Cornette and his underling are being about the issue. They come across as unnecessarily cruel and petty towards Jericho and others they dislike (they make everything personal), at least to me
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-31-2021 at 10:46 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Edge's last contract was actually a full-time contract. He's just been injured. He's not really a part-timer.

I don't see how Drew holds onto the title until Wrestlemania.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Edge's last contract was actually a full-time contract. He's just been injured. He's not really a part-timer.

I don't see how Drew holds onto the title until Wrestlemania.
    Drew currently has no serious challengers, and Randy's busy with the fiend.