Page 146 of 902 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Even with experience I'm not sure what kind of future Brock has beyond being 'Arn's son'. Dude looks way too much like his dad.
    yeah and it's not like arn had a particularly great look in the 1st place. i didn't realize brock is only 24, he looks so damn old and even dresses like an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its still AEW , its still putting him out there before he's ready for that. It would be like if WCW put Watts on Worldwide and other small syndicated shows. It still would be placing a guy on TV before he's ready without establishing himself 1st.

This is why there are a lot of companies out there right now. To create yourself and move on.
    Being on ROH would be drastically different than being in AEW and having Arn come out with him.

Which is why he needs to create his own look and way really. It means moving out from his dad's shadow.

No one said Brock should go on a win streak. Its more...being in AEW , looking like Arn and doing this won't do him any favors. He needs his own look , his own self to come out and it would work better being away in another company to do it and come back later.
    if he's not ready for aew's youtube show how the hell is he ready for roh or impact tv??

i think roh would disagree that there reason for being is so guys can develop themselves for aew.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    Word through the grapevine is that Braun Strowman and Buddy Murphy are going to Impact Wrestling
    impact still knows how to waste money. murphy will be good for the x-division though. if i was impact i'd much rather go after jonah rock(bronson reed).

lucha bros vs jurassics was awesome.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah and it's not like arn had a particularly great look in the 1st place. i didn't realize brock is only 24, he looks so damn old and even dresses like an old man.

if he's not ready for aew's youtube show how the hell is he ready for roh or impact tv??

i think roh would disagree that there reason for being is so guys can develop themselves for aew.

impact still knows how to waste money. murphy will be good for the x-division though. if i was impact i'd much rather go after jonah rock(bronson reed).

lucha bros vs jurassics was awesome.

Because its a different place and as brought up maybe Brock can sit down and create a character that doesn't look like his old man. Which I'd say would be wise to do here. Being in a different company away , building your own legacy isn't a bad move here.

If Impact gets Braun Strowman I'll be shocked. He should be a big man type star. Not worth no million dollars a year. But someone the WWE pushed hard awhile. With the AEW/Impact relationship Braun would appear on both shows. I mean I can see Vince bringing him back really as well as trying to stop Bray Wyatt from showing up on AEW next.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Because its a different place and as brought up maybe Brock can sit down and create a character that doesn't look like his old man. Which I'd say would be wise to do here. Being in a different company away , building your own legacy isn't a bad move here.
    But he can do that in AEW. He can still work other places like Impact since AEW allows their guys to work other promotions. He doesn't need to leave for him to do what you want him to do.

If Impact gets Braun Strowman I'll be shocked. He should be a big man type star. Not worth no million dollars a year. But someone the WWE pushed hard awhile. With the AEW/Impact relationship Braun would appear on both shows. I mean I can see Vince bringing him back really as well as trying to stop Bray Wyatt from showing up on AEW next.
    how does that make him any more or less ready?? if he's not ready for youtube he's not ready for tv period.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    But he can do that in AEW. He can still work other places like Impact since AEW allows their guys to work other promotions. He doesn't need to leave for him to do what you want him to do.
    how does that make him any more or less ready?? if he's not ready for youtube he's not ready for tv period.

This comically reminds me of the Raven thing from the early 1990's. Where Raven was working for WWE behind the scenes putting together the weekend minor shows and he wanted to wrestle again and created his character. So he told Patterson or Brisco he was gonna leave. One of them would say ...

"Why do you need to leave ? You can do it here..."

But Raven brought up an old territory mindset. He couldn't be RAVEN in the WWF then. He told them he had to go away awhile , create this persona and get it over elsewhere and then come back once it was ready. That is how it was in territory system then.

Brock has more pressure on him than Raven really given he's a 2nd generation talent and son of a legend. So its harder on him. But the mindset here is the near same. Brock could work every AEW minor show and still...he's not gonna escape the shadow of his dad if he's coming out with him , working the same company , looking like him and not creating anything.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

This comically reminds me of the Raven thing from the early 1990's. Where Raven was working for WWE behind the scenes putting together the weekend minor shows and he wanted to wrestle again and created his character. So he told Patterson or Brisco he was gonna leave. One of them would say ...

But Raven brought up an old territory mindset. He couldn't be RAVEN in the WWF then. He told them he had to go away awhile , create this persona and get it over elsewhere and then come back once it was ready. That is how it was in territory system then.

Brock has more pressure on him than Raven really given he's a 2nd generation talent and son of a legend. So its harder on him. But the mindset here is the near same. Brock could work every AEW minor show and still...he's not gonna escape the shadow of his dad if he's coming out with him , working the same company , looking like him and not creating anything.
    He won't be getting the territory experience going to Impact and AEW because those promotions also have TV and online shows. If the idea is for him to disappear and come back as a brand new person then that's not gonna happen with those companies.

He won't be getting the territory experience going to Impact and AEW because those promotions also have TV and online shows. If the idea is for him to disappear and come back as a brand new person then that's not gonna happen with those companies.
    He has a better chance in Impact given its smaller roster , its smaller scale etc. Go there or ROH or...NWA awhile. Get something over new character wise. Come back....

Speaking of the NWA in a sad tale of time passing quick. So quick because it seems like just yesterday we on CBR here was discussing TNA and episodes in its glory run of late 2000's with Awesome Kong , Gail Kim , Madison Rayne etc. Anyhow today on NWA Powerr episode in a moment with Gail Kim , Awesome Kong announced her retirement.

Its sad...because a lot of us still around would be discussing TNA then and her role then. Kong never got a good run in WWE which is sad.

So in news that will make some happy , Jim Ross is expected to slowly be phased out of announcing. His contract expires in April 2022 and he will be 70 years old. Its expected that AEW will not keep Ross and he has said AEW will be his last announcing job so its expected he will retire more than likely. Ross will be doing more backstage interviews and call just special matches etc.

Jim Ross himself seemed to hint that he wouldn't be long in AEW awhile back. Saying his deal was 3 years and TNT officials wanted a stable announcing presence...hence his signing.

I really hope they sign Joey Styles to add that play by play flavor. God help us if Excalibur is left with no one to reign him in at times.

I would like to see Joey Styles back. He hasn't been involved with wrestling since he got cancelled over that Trump joke in Evolve.

Astonishing Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...onor_personnel
    quarter final match 3
    ut oh Angelina Love v max the impaler (with amy rose)
    quarter final match 4
    Allysin Kay v Trish Adora(hope she wins) pretty good match
    roh world tv title match.....great looking title dalton castle being dalton castle
    eli isom v the champion dragon lee
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-29-2021 at 12:47 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I would like to see Joey Styles back. He hasn't been involved with wrestling since he got cancelled over that Trump joke in Evolve.
    It would add something to see him interact onscreen years later with Don Callis again.

But yeah Joey deserves a shot and AEW not having him on calling matches right now...is wild.

territory days are long gone, let go.
    the issue seems to be more him with & looking like his dad and having no character. that i agree with, he should try and come up with a character or gimmick. no reason he can't do that on dark though. well unless of course the kid just has no personality, which is a very strong possibility.

He has a better chance in Impact given its smaller roster , its smaller scale etc. Go there or ROH or...NWA awhile. Get something over new character wise. Come back....
    3 things
    1)impact, roh, & nwa do not consider themselves feeders for aew,. so they can't just send him over there and tell them to develop him and send him back when they want him
    2)they've created their own development system for this xact reason
    3)there are actually more eyes on impact and roh tv than aew youtube. only the most hardcore aew fans watch dark, and they understand xactly what it is.

So in news that will make some happy , Jim Ross is expected to slowly be phased out of announcing. His contract expires in April 2022 and he will be 70 years old. Its expected that AEW will not keep Ross and he has said AEW will be his last announcing job so its expected he will retire more than likely. Ross will be doing more backstage interviews and call just special matches etc.

Jim Ross himself seemed to hint that he wouldn't be long in AEW awhile back. Saying his deal was 3 years and TNT officials wanted a stable announcing presence...hence his signing.

I really hope they sign Joey Styles to add that play by play flavor. God help us if Excalibur is left with no one to reign him in at times.

i'm tired of 3 man commentary, always preferred 2 man. 2 man booth allows for guest commentary not feeling overcrowded.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-29-2021 at 12:25 AM.

territory days are long gone, let go.
    the issue seems to be more him with & looking like his dad and having no character. that i agree with, he should try and come up with a character or gimmick. no reason he can't do that on dark though. well unless of course the kid just has no personality, which is a very strong possibility.

3 things
    1)impact, roh, & nwa do not consider themselves feeders for aew,. so they can't just send him over there and tell them to develop him and send him back when they want him
    2)they've created their own development system for this xact reason
    3)there are actually more eyes on impact and roh tv than aew youtube. only the most hardcore aew fans watch dark, and they understand xactly what it is.

i'm tired of 3 man commentary, always preferred 2 man. 2 man booth allows for guest commentary not feeling overcrowded.
    On Friday's Rampage, they had 4 man commentary when you include Mark Henry.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I have seen 1 man Commentary which was Joey Styles who really made it work by himself for years. Then he was paired next to Joel Gertner awhile and finally Don Callis. He really flowed well with Callis in 2000 and as we all know , had Bischoff bought the company and relaunched it as planned...Joey Styles and Don Callis would have became the new WCW Nitro announce team .With Schiavone moving to Thunder with Larry Zybsko I believe.

To replace Jim Ross they need Styles I'd think. Its almost insane were in 2021 and have these promotions and no Joey Styles calling a product.