Page 153 of 902 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253653 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 13529
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    The talent makes their money off twitch etc by the virtue of being wrestler from WWE on twitch. no one would pay to watch them if they hadnt had the WWE exposure, so the WWE wanting a percentage of that money is not a surprise nor wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It is wrong because WWE didn't do a thing to earn a cut. The talent use their legal names, cultivate their own audiences, have an outlet to be themselves and they are doing this on their own time. It's not like they go live while being backstage on Raw.
    Yeah. People get themselves over on Twitch for thousands of different reasons; about the only thing that’s needed is an ability to connect with an audience, something that 90% of pro wrestlers learn to do as a necessity of their job. That's a skill they possess, not a company asset provided exclusively by WWE; if they advertise for their twitch as “(Trademarked WWE Name)” and staying in character, that's an issue, but if all that WWE did was get the real person some popularity… that’s not WWE’s asset anymore.

And the vast majority of the talent doing Twitch weren’t in character, and we know for a fact they weren’t being forced to read the crap scripts from Vince, or consulting road agents to plan out their gaming strategies, or cooperating the figure who was going over or anything like that.

According to WWE, they’re “independent contractors” who don't require company-supplied health insurance, and yet can’t accept other dates and paydays from other programs, and apparently can’t sublimate their income in stuff like Twitch without setting off WWE’s freak-out meter. If they’re not going to let them be “independent” even outside their industry, then they should be paying some damn health insurance.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The WWE is in such a crazy old mindset they lost Bryan Danielson because they wouldn't let him work some Japan shows. I mean they could have sit down and asked to follow Daniel Bryan to Japan possibly at some shows with camera and see him do that. Instead...nope.

Cole likely earns major money on Twitch and according to what someone wrote into Disco and Konnan podcast a couple weeks ago ; Paige makes $40,000 a month off it. If Cole makes anything close to that of course he doesn't want WWE touching his Twitch money. That would be stupid to do.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    According to WWE, they’re “independent contractors” who don't require company-supplied health insurance, and yet can’t accept other dates and paydays from other programs, and apparently can’t sublimate their income in stuff like Twitch without setting off WWE’s freak-out meter. If they’re not going to let them be “independent” even outside their industry, then they should be paying some damn health insurance.
    That’s the most important part for me. Either they’re independent contractors or they’re not. The WWE has had it both ways for too long.

The talent makes their money off twitch etc by the virtue of being wrestler from WWE on twitch. no one would pay to watch them if they hadnt had the WWE exposure, so the WWE wanting a percentage of that money is not a surprise nor wrong.
    That's like saying a movie star has to pay movie studies a % of what they make outside of movies because otherwise no one would know who they are sorry but that's BS

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    so does anybody have the scoop on that muscle bound chick with joey janela??
    IFBB PRO's Kayla Rossi. She trains Brian Cage and Kenny Omega. She is a fitness model, too. She recently moved to Atlanta to train to be a pro wrestler. The three share the same supplement sponsor, too (Redcon).

Cage and Omega speak very highly of her. And I think she's non-binary but uses they/them/she/her pronouns.

Last I heard she was going to the the Nightmare Factory ...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's like saying a movie star has to pay movie studies a % of what they make outside of movies because otherwise no one would know who they are sorry but that's BS
    I think WWE just wants all the perks of having independent contractors without calling them employees.

I think the biggest thing AEW has done is to really push wrestlers to demand more protections and freedom.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-04-2021 at 03:11 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That’s the most important part for me. Either they’re independent contractors or they’re not. The WWE has had it both ways for too long.
    Exactly this.

WWE can't have it both ways.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Max Caster has returned from suspension and took the whole thing in stride
    https://twitter.com/MisterJ831/statu...91768228433920

Yeah, because no one had ever heard of AJ Styles or Adam Cole before WWE graciously invented them.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I think we all kinda know AJ Styles is gonna go AEW once this latest deal ends. He has a few years left and likely wants dream matches ahead with Punk , Omega and others .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think we all kinda know AJ Styles is gonna go AEW once this latest deal ends. He has a few years left and likely wants dream matches ahead with Punk , Omega and others .
    AJ has stated he plans to retire in WWE. The guy is his 40s. He should make all the money he can and dip.

Astonishing Member

https://lastwordonsports.com/prowres...or-roh-tv-520/
    @MirandaAlize_ vs. @TrishAdora202 (i cant decide) ok sure
    @ActualALove vs. (come on) @TheRokC_ GREAT SEQUENCE
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROH_Wo...d_Championship has spoilers
    the main event under lucha rules oh let em fight
    (GO) STP vs. LFI nice looking groups huh

dont steal ric flairs yogurt
    https://lastwordonsports.com/prowres...y/in-memorium/
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-05-2021 at 12:23 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

AJ has stated he plans to retire in WWE. The guy is his 40s. He should make all the money he can and dip.
    Tony Khan has a big check book and will hand AJ lots of money. We already have seen the never say never broken with Punk.

I can see AJ saying .."I was gonna retire in WWE. But Tony Khan called me...."

The lure of working against guys you want and making great money. Yeah he'll go.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    i'm actually kind of surprised omega vs aj didn't already happen somewhere. as for punk i don't think aj is a fan of his.

the guy i think is going to aew once his contract is up is kevin owens. he's very close friends with the bucks and adam cole. a mt. rushmore reunion??

mox won the GCW world title, going to defend it against nick gage. if i was tony khan i might have 2nd thoughts signing off on that one.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-05-2021 at 05:08 AM.

I can see Sami Zayn leaving before Owens. Sami has spoken about how miserable he has been in the company. While he's in a better spot now I doubt he sticks around once his contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    IFBB PRO's Kayla Rossi. She trains Brian Cage and Kenny Omega. She is a fitness model, too. She recently moved to Atlanta to train to be a pro wrestler. The three share the same supplement sponsor, too (Redcon).

Cage and Omega speak very highly of her. And I think she's non-binary but uses they/them/she/her pronouns.

Last I heard she was going to the the Nightmare Factory ...

I think WWE just wants all the perks of having independent contractors without calling them employees.

I think the biggest thing AEW has done is to really push wrestlers to demand more protections and freedom.
    good looking out beastie. she has a great look.

I can see Sami Zayn leaving before Owens. Sami has spoken about how miserable he has been in the company. While he's in a better spot now I doubt he sticks around once his contract is up.
    possibly, i don't know how well generico gets on with those guys though.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 09-05-2021 at 06:11 AM.