Page 159 of 902 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 13529
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I was unaware he was booking. I thought he was just operating as line-item veto and ring-studio-network liaison.

Kenny books the women's division, Cody books the men's singles division, the Young Bucks book the tag team division, & Tony Khan has final approval on all booking decisions.

Jericho was added as a producer and booker for title feuds/non-wrestling segments and Brandi/Kahn/Cody oversee Dark/Elevation promos (not ring stuff) now.
    My understanding is they work through committees with the EVP's as middle management but guys like Jericho, Malenko, Dutt, QT etc rotating in and out and helping with the segments

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    PWI considers it one. Last year they had Adam Cole at #2 and listed his NXT title run as a factor in it. They had Gargano in the top 10 the year prior to that as well.
    Fair enough. Too bad WWE didn't see it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    My understanding is they work through committees with the EVP's as middle management but guys like Jericho, Malenko, Dutt, QT etc rotating in and out and helping with the segments
    I think that is how it was presented in their 2019 interview.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

HHH had surgery after suffering from cardiac arrest.
    https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-t...6r7cQx7wVto8BA

You know ... the promo battle of CM Punk vs. Pinnacle would be great.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Excalibur is gone this week. Taz is filling in and already Taz just fits good.

Malaki Bkack vs Dustin tonight. To me this should have been done awhile. Instead of Black vs no name Nightmare members.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Malaki is getting face pops for this. Its clear a change of direction is needed and Cody needs to return as a heel.

The 2 guys are trying here. Black and Dustin haven't really worked together before and its watching the 2 struggle in contrasting styles to make a match at times.

Thus far its a spot match. Black is trying to heel the crowd but the fans have turned him. The kick spot was so off by like seconds. It's gonna be on botch mania. Where Dustin fell to ground outta nowhere as Black stood there lol.

Dustin does a very slow Canadian destroyer. Finally Black ends this...well it wasn't terrible but its clear Black and Dustin just didn't work so well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

The fans sing along. Punk is out as fans start chant.

Jim Ross points out how hot things are with ticket sales.

Punk claims wrestling is like riding a violent bicycle. Then he promotes Moxley and...Aunt Linda. Putting her over big time.

Punk is going through the ppv and people...and Taz stops it where it could go.

Why the hell would people mention a midcard group ? Even the audience is like WTF.

The promo was going to where it should then....hey we have Hobbs , Starks etc. Lol

So basically Ruby is doing what should be done with Punk. Having mic battles with Britt Baker as top female wrestler on roster...getting clash ready ahead at some point.

"I can't wait to see Punk vs Hobbs." Jim Ross.

Sorry Jim...no one demanded any of that.

Hobbs is moving so slow...really making you question this wisdom of AEW here. Finally we see Hook here. Maybe we should have seen Hook in this match...to sell a Punk match.

I feel for this Dante guy. Its like working against the slowest big man ever. Hobbs wins...in an unimpressive match.

We see Dan Lambert...to save this entire deal. Lambert is just gold. He is here tp scream his truth with the voices to sky.

"Were going to burn this company to the ground. So we never hear the word chanted AEW !"

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I had only seen like one WWE Aleister Black match, but I'm really loving Malakai Black in AEW. Black looks great, is wrestling great (he's like AEW's Tajiri), he's a great seller, and the fans are into him.

He had a good match with Dustin. He makes his opponent look good.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

MJF is out pissed over his loss. Telling him all the locker room wants to be him. Mocking Cincinnati as a city.

MJF wants to face Linda ! Then mocks the lady beside her. Who is Pillman's daughter.

Pillman Jr is coming out for home town pop. Perhaps biggest pop he's gotten. He welcomes him To The Jungle !

MJF just destroys Pillman Jr mom on mic. Then his arrogance pisses off Wardlow who lets MJF get punched some.

Pillman Jr saves his partner here. As MJF leaves with Wardlow. Teasing confrontation there.

Just confusong AEW booking...Ruby Soho can skip the 5 challenger deal and be thrown into Britt Baker feud. Starks vs Cage is next. Cage is next with him wanting to end this.

Starks looks like a nice rising star. Yeah Punk facing him down the road would be good sure. Once Starks does a couple programs etc.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Just confusong AEW booking...Ruby Soho can skip the 5 challenger deal and be thrown into Britt Baker feud. Starks vs Cage is next. Cage is next with him wanting to end this.

Starks looks like a nice rising star. Yeah Punk facing him down the road would be good sure. Once Starks does a couple programs etc.
    She won the battle royale at All Out and the winner gets a title shot. So she earn the shot.

The Dark Order is having issues. Tony brings up Punk's list after he spoke to Tony Khan. Hobbs for some reason is on the list. Given slow prodding performance tonight that seems stupid.

Then Starks is on it but it's too soon for Starks to eat a loss to Punk as he needs more time.

This entire deal is just...awful and waste of time.

FTR and Spears win. As the Dark Order struggles continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    She won the battle royale at All Out and the winner gets a title shot. So she earn the shot.
    But the entire deal negates the whole...person has to face 5 people and win. Its just ...confusing booking and the entire deal needs to end. One friend joked a guy is working one net show AEW does and won almost every week. Yet he's not earned a AEW title shot lol.