Page 165 of 902 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 13529
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Big E will apparently be cashing in the briefcase tonight....I am underwhelmed and do not care.

The new BTE is fantastic, Ana Jay is a freaking star.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    For all the talk of “WWE not caring about AEW”, they seem to be reacting very strongly to them.

This talk about Big E cashing in seems to be a reaction to AEW Dynamite beating Raw in a key demo.
    I mean they straight up let Chris Jericho on Stone Cold's podcast directly after WrestleMania, he talked about AEW first thing off the bat. I'm not saying they don't care about AEW at all but just ask yourself if they would've ever done the same with WCW during the Monday Night Wars.

Can you imagine if there was a WWF Network in 1999, would Vince have let Austin interview WCW star Hulk Hogan?

Also, is it just me or did wrestling fans by and large not care about the 18-49 demo until October 2019? Because Raw usually finishes #1 when Monday Night Football Is over for the season but people always specifically point to their dropping viewership ignoring them almost always being ranked #1 in that demo. I wonder if fans of other shows care as much about that demo as wrestling fans suddenly do.

When casual fans talk about TV ratings of big events like the Super Bowl, Oscars, Olympics, etc the water cooler talk is more "did you hear 112 million people watched the Super Bowl?" and less "did you know the Super Bowl got an impressive 32.0 rating in the all important coveted persons 18-49 year old demo?"

It'd be like ignoring that Endgame made more money worldwide than The Force Awakens simply because TFA made more money in North America where the studio gets a bigger share of the box office.

Movie fans don't act like that so why do wrestling fans?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I always thought the key demo thing is dumb. A sport doesn't care about the age of their audience as long as that demographic dumps money into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I always thought the key demo thing is dumb. A sport doesn't care about the age of their audience as long as that demographic dumps money into it.
    I mean I get why advertisers and networks care about demos, if their research shows people in certain age groups are more likely to spend money on XYZ product it makes sense to want that group. But I don't see why fans care so much. Scratch that, I actually do see why, bragging rights but none of us are seeing any of the advertising money so no one should care all too much.

To further show why it's not as important as people think both WWE and AEW get better demo numbers than the NHL, but the NHL's TV deals are much bigger than both. The wrestling audience just like NASCAR's is not seen as all that desirable by networks and ad execs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    To further show why it's not as important as people think both WWE and AEW get better demo numbers than the NHL, but the NHL's TV deals are much bigger than both. The wrestling audience just like NASCAR's is not seen as all that desirable by networks and ad execs.
    It was true at one point, but as everyone else's demographics shrink, wrestling has become more desirable. Both AEW and WWE are projected to get even bigger deals next time out. WWE's ratings are as bad as ever, but it's still getting more money than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Big E will apparently be cashing in the briefcase tonight....I am underwhelmed and do not care.

The new BTE is fantastic, Ana Jay is a freaking star.

Samoa Joe is "injured" and vacating the belt I don't get why they couldn't just do Loomis vs Joe...have Joe walk out for the match turn off the lights, lay him out and have Loomis cover and win the title.
    Ya I didn't care either I'd rather he cash in on romen.

Astonishing Member

Congrats to Big E, but I am a bit confused on this, what does it accomplish except for WWE title changes hands on Raw which is good for outside of wrestling press and E does deserve it but it appeared they had a storyline with E haunting Paul E and Roman. Vince also put a lot of work into building up the Almighty only to have him drop a belt to someone that wasn't even on the landscape on a Raw. It does help alleviate the Heel champ vs Heel champ problem on the Royal Rumble but now I want Bobby to fly over to Smackdown to chase Brock on his way to chasing Roman because Lashley might be the only full time guy on the roster that could be seen as a legitimate threat to Roman, who has smashed most of the rest. Lashley did get a huge pop when he was about to try and slam Omas a couple of weeks back. I was just enjoying Bobby's run just as much as I was enjoying Roman's but he had kinda run out of opponents and the idea of an extended Randy feud wasn't exciting. Bob going to Smackdown however would only tilt the balance of talent even more in the blue brands direction though not sure what they could give up in return. Also even though he did announce it before hand, the cash in, not sure if picking the bones of a "wounded champ" right after a grueling match is something a face challenger would do typically. A heel yes and a smart face champ too, but faces aren't booked as that smart.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 09-14-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya I didn't care either I'd rather he cash in on romen.
    Ah but as Cena would say Roman is "protected" and he actually is

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I have no issue Big E won. He was well deserving and they need to create stars in company. But its how he won that made Big E look weak or sell him as a big deal in a sense.

- If anyone watched Big E cashed in MIB case on a hurt Bobby Lashley. One who battled through a bad knee to face him. Lashley had just had a hard fought match against Randy Orton.

The whole cashing in was more heelish in a sense. Where a heel takes advantage of the face after a hard fought match.

- Instead of having Big E come out and tell Lashley he's cashing the title shot in at say Unforgiven or Survivor Series to build anticipation of a big title match and program...this didn't happen.

- The entire deal was done to swing back that key 18-34 demographic as we saw. It was short term gain against long term build.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Congrats to Big E, but I am a bit confused on this, what does it accomplish except for WWE title changes hands on Raw which is good for outside of wrestling press and E does deserve it but it appeared they had a storyline with E haunting Paul E and Roman.
    Technically Survivor Series is coming up next and it does set up Big E vs. Roman, which they've been teasing.

I think they wanted the belt off Lashley so they can move him to Smackdown.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Congrats to Big E, but I am a bit confused on this, what does it accomplish except for WWE title changes hands on Raw which is good for outside of wrestling press and E does deserve it but it appeared they had a storyline with E haunting Paul E and Roman. Vince also put a lot of work into building up the Almighty only to have him drop a belt to someone that wasn't even on the landscape on a Raw. It does help alleviate the Heel champ vs Heel champ problem on the Royal Rumble but now I want Bobby to fly over to Smackdown to chase Brock on his way to chasing Roman because Lashley might be the only full time guy on the roster that could be seen as a legitimate threat to Roman, who has smashed most of the rest. Lashley did get a huge pop when he was about to try and slam Omas a couple of weeks back. I was just enjoying Bobby's run just as much as I was enjoying Roman's but he had kinda run out of opponents and the idea of an extended Randy feud wasn't exciting. Bob going to Smackdown however would only tilt the balance of talent even more in the blue brands direction though not sure what they could give up in return. Also even though he did announce it before hand, the cash in, not sure if picking the bones of a "wounded champ" right after a grueling match is something a face challenger would do typically. A heel yes and a smart face champ too, but faces aren't booked as that smart.
    Panic booking. Thanks to Punk, Danielson and Adam Cole Dynamite ratings is getting close to Raw numbers. Monday Night Football also made a return last night. They responding on two fronts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Technically Survivor Series is coming up next and it does set up Big E vs. Roman, which they've been teasing.

I think they wanted the belt off Lashley so they can move him to Smackdown.
    I am thinking the same thing. Now I am seeing why they had that Hurt Business vs Styles and Omas match, to see how the fans would react and the fans were actually cheering for Bobby especially when he was about to try and supplex Omas. Now that I think about it AJ was ragging on Bobby and MVP quite a bit, considering Vince doesn't do heel on heel crime. Bobby is the only legitimate challenger for Roman on the full time roster so once Brock is done, I can see Vince setting up Bobby vs Roman for Mania, if they can't coax the Rock back for Mania. What's the plan on Raw might they turn Drew heel? Raw roster so empty especially if they lose Bobby.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Technically, WWE will point to Smackdown now being the flagship show, it's ratings have actually been pretty solid. 2.217 million viewers last week.
    Yes, but AEW’s first “rival” was NXT, not even Raw, and in theory if it ends up consistently surpassing Raw, then Smackdown becomes the comparison.

But the thing for me is that while a “rivalry” is good in the sense of competition and opportunity, I don’t think it should be anything like the “there can be only one!” attitude of the 90’s. It’s much more important the industry be healthy than determining who the top dog is.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    I mean they straight up let Chris Jericho on Stone Cold's podcast directly after WrestleMania, he talked about AEW first thing off the bat. I'm not saying they don't care about AEW at all but just ask yourself if they would've ever done the same with WCW during the Monday Night Wars.

Can you imagine if there was a WWF Network in 1999, would Vince have let Austin interview WCW star Hulk Hogan?

Also, is it just me or did wrestling fans by and large not care about the 18-49 demo until October 2019? Because Raw usually finishes #1 when Monday Night Football Is over for the season but people always specifically point to their dropping viewership ignoring them almost always being ranked #1 in that demo. I wonder if fans of other shows care as much about that demo as wrestling fans suddenly do.

When casual fans talk about TV ratings of big events like the Super Bowl, Oscars, Olympics, etc the water cooler talk is more "did you hear 112 million people watched the Super Bowl?" and less "did you know the Super Bowl got an impressive 32.0 rating in the all important coveted persons 18-49 year old demo?"

It'd be like ignoring that Endgame made more money worldwide than The Force Awakens simply because TFA made more money in North America where the studio gets a bigger share of the box office.

Movie fans don't act like that so why do wrestling fans?
    The demographic means more in terms of showing the health of the industry as time goes by - which is why I’d be happier to see Raw’s number sin that demographic rebound while AEW improves and hopefully has a similar impact in getting Smackdown to straighten up a bit.

WWE doesn’t truly need an evolution. They just need to stop shooting themselves in the foot and impeding a healthy industry because of Vince’s hang ups. Big E getting the championship is a lot like Kofi winning it a few years ago - it shows WWE is capable of making the obvious, easy choices for success, and that they mostly need to just do that more often.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Ultimate Member

Almost wonder if Big E was like give me a title or I'm leaving...

They introduced way too many new people at once on NXT. They should have gradually done it over a few weeks. Half of them are going to get lost in the shuffle.

The whole relaunch is giving me WWECW vibes.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans