Page 171 of 902 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271671 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 13529
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Car Shield is putting a stop to their Ric Flair ads
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/r...dark-side-ring

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    McMahon wrestled Angle on the plane...which is why Hennig's firing was BS. I'm not sure why Michael Hayes got off from being fired.
    Was that on the Plane Ride from Hell? Where Vince and Angle wrestled into a sleeping Undertaker, who woke up and choked Angle out because he thought he was attacking Vince? If so, I'm shocked they didn't mention that in this episode.

Allegedly, WWE has scrubbed programming that mentioned the plane ride from hell from Peacock. Story Time and 30 for 30 episode on Ric Flair bring it up. I guess it's a good thing that Bix saved this
    https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1438690453222825986

Astonishing Member

guess ill have to watch
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-17-2021 at 09:30 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Maybe, but I don't think "primes" always correlate with winning tourneys and titles either (whether indie or WWE or some promotion in between). Too many correlate primes with that as well. Kurt Angle wasn't in his prime IMHO when he won his first WWE title in Nov 2000 (though I admit Nov 2000 Kurt was "rapidly approaching" his prime at that point, because he had one of the uncommonly fastest learning curves I've seen in pro wrestling history).
    you're absolutely right, i didn't mean to suggest otherwise. i listed those accomplishments because in this particular case they do reflect his growth

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The person who should have undoubtedly been fired was Ric Flair.

He sexually assaulted the air hostess.

Jim Ross was speechless when he was asked about Ric Flair because seriously...what he did was indefensible.
    he should've been more than fired.

on the brightside hopefully this will keep aew from using flair.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The big question is...why was the McMahon/Angle/Undertaker part left off the episode ? It tries to paint Vince as being a calm detached boss but in whats online he too had too much to drink and was busy trying to wrestle Angle lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The big question is...why was the McMahon/Angle/Undertaker part left off the episode ? It tries to paint Vince as being a calm detached boss but in whats online he too had too much to drink and was busy trying to wrestle Angle lol
    seems kind of trivial in comparison to flair sexually assaulting somebody, and dreamer being fukhole didn't help.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, in comparison to how much worse the other stuff was, Angle Vs Vince and Undertaker is something that can much more easily be played as “lads ladding around.”

They also might want to try keeping Vince’s stuff stored up for one single episode.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

They also might want to try keeping Vince’s stuff stored up for one single episode.
    Vince will need an entire season of Dark Side to himself. There's too much dirt to his name to be contained in a single episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you're absolutely right, i didn't mean to suggest otherwise. i listed those accomplishments because in this particular case they do reflect his growth

he should've been more than fired.

on the brightside hopefully this will keep aew from using flair.
    I would also expect WWE to refer to Charlotte with just her first name going forward. I would not be a bit surprised if the announcers are now being instructed to not even reference Charlotte as being a "second generation" superstar.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I would also expect WWE to refer to Charlotte with just her first name going forward. I would not be a bit surprised if the announcers are now being instructed to not even reference Charlotte as being a "second generation" superstar.
    I don't see WWE caring. If they do anything it will be to lay low until they believe this has blown over and start acknowledging Ric again.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 09-18-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    seems kind of trivial in comparison to flair sexually assaulting somebody, and dreamer being fukhole didn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, in comparison to how much worse the other stuff was, Angle Vs Vince and Undertaker is something that can much more easily be played as “lads ladding around.”

In from what Angle has claimed it was hell for him and longest night of his life. From his podcast he thinks it funny now and put over Vince McMahon wanting to be that guy who tries people on things. But the whole thing seemed to fit the crazy. You have Michael Hayes losing his pony tail and Dustin singing terrible country song to his ex-wife creeping her out. So of course this should have been in there.

Chioda looking to ask how he doesn't know what Vince was doing. All while everyone knows what Vince spent hours doing is pretty silly here. Plus it had Undertaker legit choking out Kurt Angle and would have made for more of how even the boss lost his mind here.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Ultimate Member

Chioda came out of that doc looking pretty bad too.

He was acting like some of that nonsense was funny and just something the boys did.

He sounded like a complete asshat.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Chioda came out of that doc looking pretty bad too.

He was acting like some of that nonsense was funny and just something the boys did.

He sounded like a complete asshat.
    It was that era that everyone grew up in. That era of wild partying and more outside the ring was the normal for guys. I mean Flair was never a good person because even his 30 for 30 ESPN special made a point to show that Flair literally gave up his family to go be RIC FLAIR . Which is party all the time , wrestle and party some more. That was his life. (Bill Burr made a joke of it all on his podcast)

But that era was sex , drugs and rock n roll more or less. Guys felt they'd always be cashing checks and do that. Then as Jim Ross said at the end , guys who made millions now don't have 2 nickels to rub together now.

Plane Ride from Hell was the ending of that era. A last grasp of that type of era. The WWE seemingly took a more hands on step with young athletes to get them to learn ...yes you can idolize in ring what Flair and others have done. But you don't pattern your lifestyle outside the ring to that. Its not gonna work out for you. And the athletes have done this the past 2 decades.

So now it seems Vice is gonna start airing pro wrestling due to success of Darkside of the Ring. The network will air a MLW special and likely will see how it does. This could lead to MLW on Vice Network.