Page 174 of 217 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3243
  1. #2596
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    3,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    AEW is in a spot if they try and cancel Ric Flair . As linked Dustin Rhodes himself was named in other flight attendants deal online and its on sites as posted. So the company will be blasted for keeping Dustin and promoting the school all while blacklisting Flair. Tony Khan really has some hard decisions ahead on this. If he does do that to Flair and points at this people will counter...then why aren't you punishing Dustin Rhodes ?
    Or... they can just not mention him at all, since he doesn't work for the company. Or was he managing Charlotte's boyfriend?

    Dustin may end up getting a pass, because the episode didn't really hit him as hard as Ric or Scott Hall.

  2. #2597
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Did I miss something? Dustin Rhodes didn't come off sexually harassing anyone, if anything the stewardess said he was the only one trying to help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, Dustin was just loud and unruly (spitting into the seat in front of him) but he actually helped the stewardess.

    He didn’t do anything that’s really so bad beyond being unruly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Apparently he did sexually harass someone, it just wasn't covered in the episode
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I believe the report is that he harassed his ex-wife on the plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or... they can just not mention him at all, since he doesn't work for the company. Or was he managing Charlotte's boyfriend?

    Dustin may end up getting a pass, because the episode didn't really hit him as hard as Ric or Scott Hall.

    Its the other stewardess who filed lawsuit who didn't come on camera. She filed one against Dustin Rhodes....


    https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/artic...ng-not-tell-us


    The biggest exclusion from the Plane Ride From Hell episode was an accusation levied towards Dustin Rhodes. Yes, we know he was annoying everybody with his singing and came to Heidi’s aid, but what else did he do? According to the lawsuit, it states:

    Defendant Runnels grabbed Plaintiff Cappellano’s arms repeatedly, asked if her breasts were real, said “you and me are gonna ****”, and grabbed her rear end, rubbing his groin into her.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  3. #2598
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    Dustin is just as guilty as Flair when it comes to that flight.

  4. #2599
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    8,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its the other stewardess who filed lawsuit who didn't come on camera. She filed one against Dustin Rhodes....


    https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/artic...ng-not-tell-us
    Oh…i see.

    I wasn’t aware of that.

  5. #2600
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Or... they can just not mention him at all, since he doesn't work for the company. Or was he managing Charlotte's boyfriend?

    Dustin may end up getting a pass, because the episode didn't really hit him as hard as Ric or Scott Hall.
    Ric managed him in triple mania in his match against Omega.

  6. #2601
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,628

    Default

    Dustin was already punished.

    Ric never was.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  7. #2602
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Oh…i see.

    I wasn’t aware of that.
    I wasn't either until I saw an article about things not shown in Vice episode. I wouldn't have ever known.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dustin was already punished.

    Ric never was.
    How exactly was Dustin punished ? He too kept his job. He worked in WWE a full year and half after this til Fall 2003 when his contract wasn't renewed. He'd work for TNA , Japan , Indies and back again in WWE til 2019. Tommy Dreamer was punished more than Dustin Rhodes has ever been punished in wrestling and Dreamer was punished for being an asshole in an interview segment on this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  8. #2603
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    How exactly was Dustin punished ? He too kept his job. He worked in WWE a full year and half after this til Fall 2003 when his contract wasn't renewed. He'd work for TNA , Japan , Indies and back again in WWE til 2019. Tommy Dreamer was punished more than Dustin Rhodes has ever been punished in wrestling and Dreamer was punished for being an asshole in an interview segment on this.
    Dustin was fined, "suspended" (I believe depushed, not sure if it was a real suspension or not) & went to rehab.

    It was mentioned by JR in the episode and was common knowledge already. "Fine him or fire him" was the line. "He had personal demons to deal with, too." That kind of stuff.

    Dreamer's problem was he thought he was being funny and he downplayed the sexual assault. That doesn't fly anymore. It shouldn't surprise anybody. He defended Ric's behavior. Look how RVD handled it in the documentary for how to handle that kind of stuff in a better way.

    In addition to Ric getting away squeaky clean, Brock never got punished either. He could've killed people during his brawl with Hennig. Curt was fired ... Brock? Not so much.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-21-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  9. #2604
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    8,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dustin was fined, "suspended" (I believe depushed, not sure if it was a real suspension or not) & went to rehab.

    It was mentioned by JR in the episode and was common knowledge already. "Fine him or fire him" was the line. "He had personal demons to deal with, too." That kind of stuff.

    Dreamer's problem was he thought he was being funny and he downplayed the sexual assault. That doesn't fly anymore. It shouldn't surprise anybody. He defended Ric's behavior. Look how RVD handled it in the documentary for how to handle that kind of stuff in a better way.

    In addition to Ric getting away squeaky clean, Brock never got punished either. He could've killed people during his brawl with Hennig. Curt was fired ... Brock? Not so much.
    In fairness to Brock, it was Curt that set him off.

    I think that's why Curt got the brunt of the punishment.

  10. #2605
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Dustin was fined, "suspended" (I believe depushed, not sure if it was a real suspension or not) & went to rehab.

    It was mentioned by JR in the episode and was common knowledge already. "Fine him or fire him" was the line. "He had personal demons to deal with, too." That kind of stuff.

    Dreamer's problem was he thought he was being funny and he downplayed the sexual assault. That doesn't fly anymore. It shouldn't surprise anybody. He defended Ric's behavior. Look how RVD handled it in the documentary for how to handle that kind of stuff in a better way.

    In addition to Ric getting away squeaky clean, Brock never got punished either. He could've killed people during his brawl with Hennig. Curt was fired ... Brock? Not so much.
    No one is excusing the terrible crap Dreamer said for sure. Dustin may have been fined but as far as being pushed on TV he was in a tag team awhile with Booker T on TV. So he didn't exactly suffer much here. His punishment doesn't seem to have been much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    In fairness to Brock, it was Curt that set him off.

    I think that's why Curt got the brunt of the punishment.

    Also at this point Vince was putting a LOT behind young Brock Lesnar. He was gonna become the 1st post Attitude Era superstar made. Brock was a made man like Flair on that plane. Because he was seen as the future big star.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

    September 2021 was a hard month. 1st Norm McDonald died and then we learned Disney is ruining Indiana Jones in 2022. Just a hard month to take. Hopefully the film tanks.

  11. #2606
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Really enjoyed last night's Raw. Vince put his top tier on display. Big E looked like he belonged at the top of the food chain. Roman went over and even though Lashley took the pin he came off as the ultimate (full time) threat to either (or both) champions. This is a formula that can't be often repeated, well maybe it can until Survivor Series but it was good to see WWE make the effort. Competition is good for pro wrestling.

  12. #2607
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    12,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No one is excusing the terrible crap Dreamer said for sure. Dustin may have been fined but as far as being pushed on TV he was in a tag team awhile with Booker T on TV. So he didn't exactly suffer much here. His punishment doesn't seem to have been much.
    It doesn't sound like Dustin is out of the woods yet BUT ... I will hazard a guess that he will be remorseful unlike Ric.

    Dustin may have the horrors of that flight coming after him sooner than later.

    Also at this point Vince was putting a LOT behind young Brock Lesnar. He was gonna become the 1st post Attitude Era superstar made. Brock was a made man like Flair on that plane. Because he was seen as the future big star.
    I want to say JR said that's why Ric got a pass. I could see the same being said of Brock, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  13. #2608
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    Bron looks so much like his dad but sounds like his uncle. Even uses the same language.

  14. #2609

    Default

    Not even 5 minutes after KUSHIDA drops the title he's already pushed aside for Generic New NXT Guy #17.

    I get there's an audience for this new NXT, and last week's episode seemed to have a positive reaction online, but this just isn't for me. They keep throwing all these new guys out like they're a big deal yet they've yet to give me a reason to think they actually are. The shows have, like, one actual match and the rest are enhancement talent squashes. The emphasis of "characters" over "wrestlers."

    I barely watch Raw and Smackdown now but I would watch NXT regularly because it lacked everything I disliked about the main roster. Now it's just main roster if it was booked by someone with ADHD. I think I'm out.
    Last Read: Star Wars: Darth Vader vol. 1: Dark Heart of the Sith

    Monthly Pull List: Batgirls, Batman/Catwoman, Blue & Gold, Catwoman, Daredevil, The Flash, Nightwing, Robin, Savage Avengers, Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, Superman '78, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Wonder Girl

  15. #2610
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    10,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Not even 5 minutes after KUSHIDA drops the title he's already pushed aside for Generic New NXT Guy #17.

    I get there's an audience for this new NXT, and last week's episode seemed to have a positive reaction online, but this just isn't for me. They keep throwing all these new guys out like they're a big deal yet they've yet to give me a reason to think they actually are. The shows have, like, one actual match and the rest are enhancement talent squashes. The emphasis of "characters" over "wrestlers."

    I barely watch Raw and Smackdown now but I would watch NXT regularly because it lacked everything I disliked about the main roster. Now it's just main roster if it was booked by someone with ADHD. I think I'm out.
    Hey! No shame to dropping a title to Rodrick Strong. The guy is a former NXT tag and North American champion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •