Page 18 of 902 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

What is up with the FTR "suspension"? Is it a way to keep them looking strong while delaying the inevitable feud with the Young Bucks? The Bucks when from almost heelish to now trying to go anti-hero face in this whole elite/BC thing. I have not problem with Jungle Boy he is one of the better AEW talents that I never heard of before AEW but attaching your best tag team (FTR) in an extended feud with Jungle Boy and Luchasauraus shows that AEW's tag division isn't as deep as they would have you to believe.

I really hope KENTA stays around after the Mox feud. Not even in a "he should be main event champion" kind of way. Just in a "there are a ton of good matches that could happen" way.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    attaching your best tag team (FTR) in an extended feud with Jungle Boy and Luchasauraus shows that AEW's tag division isn't as deep as they would have you to believe.
    Back when wrestling actually had crowds Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus were insanely over. It's not a step down for FTR to be feuding with them.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I really hope KENTA stays around after the Mox feud. Not even in a "he should be main event champion" kind of way. Just in a "there are a ton of good matches that could happen" way.

Back when wrestling actually had crowds Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus were insanely over. It's not a step down for FTR to be feuding with them.
    DA MELTZ says the agreement was reached on Tuesday night and involved New Japan eating a lot of crow.

It is expected to start with KENTA and then expand to Tana and Okada and more once the travel bans are lifted. Other US-based NJPW talents may be added as well.

So it sounds like a multi-year deal.

The end goal sounds like when travel restrictions are lifted, they want Omega vs. Ibushi.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-04-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The end goal sounds like when travel restrictions are lifted, they want Omega vs. Ibushi.
    That's fine for an end goal, but I hope we would get Omega/White at some point leading up to it. Jay's evolved so much since they feuded over the US title. It would be a great match.

Also Ishii/Miro, please?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

That's fine for an end goal, but I hope we would get Omega/White at some point leading up to it. Jay's evolved so much since they feuded over the US title. It would be a great match.

Also Ishii/Miro, please?
    That's if White doesn't sign with WWE.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Tommy Tonga I think would be huge over here (Gorillas of Destiny) would be so over. I am not sure if New Japan can afford to ever lose Okada for any amount of time. I really want to see ZSJ and Osprey over at ROH for an extended "Great Muta" type program maybe in the Pure division. However New Japan having a deal with AEW and having a relationship with ROH could we one day have a Mega Show...New Japan/RoH/AEW/Impact type show even if it is a Crockett Cup type thing (so wins and losses don't really matter)?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I hope not. Drew vs Sheamus has the build to make it to Wrestlemania
    It's only two months of build. They are not Bayley and Sasha

Also Ishii/Miro, please?
    I think both Omega and New Japan really want a "finale" to the Ibushi/Omega stuff. AEW appears to be on board with it. If White is under the umbrella of "US based NJPW talent" ... I can see them using him with Omega AND Darby AND Rhodes. Okada and Tana appear to be the only NJPW talent named-checked at this time. Even using Ibushi sounds like it is a negotiation tactic.

And yes, Ishii / Miro in a slapfest would be amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    That's if White doesn't sign with WWE.
    You really think so?

I don't see him getting a look like Shinsuke and Omega did.

Doe White have any connection to WWE at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Tommy Tonga I think would be huge over here (Gorillas of Destiny) would be so over. I am not sure if New Japan can afford to ever lose Okada for any amount of time. I really want to see ZSJ and Osprey over at ROH for an extended "Great Muta" type program maybe in the Pure division. However New Japan having a deal with AEW and having a relationship with ROH could we one day have a Mega Show...New Japan/RoH/AEW/Impact type show even if it is a Crockett Cup type thing (so wins and losses don't really matter)?
    A mega show would be fun as long as it does not involve a main event that ends with a dusty finish.

I could also see NWA and CMLL joining the mega show.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's only two months of build. They are not Bayley and Sasha
    Haven't they been building Drew vs Sheamus since Last year?

I miss the days when a spilled diet Pepsi started a blood feud.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I could see Vince being petty enough to go after White, if only to spite AEW.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Haven't they been building Drew vs Sheamus since Last year?
    Sheamus started being Drew friend after his feud with Orton in November IIRC.

Extraordinary Member

Sheamus started being Drew friend after his feud with Orton in November IIRC.
    So about 3 months of build thus far. That'd be about half a year of build by Mania

So about 3 months of build thus far. That'd be about half a year of build by Mania
    I doubt the feud gets that far. WWE ain't gonna keep these guys apart for two months. They can passby the Elimination Chamber if Drew defends in the titular match but he won't avoid him for Fast Lane.

Extraordinary Member

I doubt the feud gets that far. WWE ain't gonna keep these guys apart for two months. They can passby the Elimination Chamber if Drew defends in the titular match but he won't avoid him for Fast Lane.
    Miz is also in play. I could see Miz cashing in after Drew has been exhausted by an Elimination Chamber match, winning, then getting beaten by Sheamus. Drew faces sheamus at Mania to get the title.

Or Sheamus wins the EC to secure a title shot at mania