Page 189 of 902 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 13529
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Super, I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Punk's AEW run so far? How much longer you think Punk can stretch the "happy to be here" routine before he starts getting into actual programs with people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'm good with it. He was out of the business for a while. He's clearly not back at the level of AEW main event wrestlers yet. This allows him to do what he can still do great (cut promos), give a little bigger spotlight on some midcard guys, and work off the ring rust with them without looking like he's "lost it" in ring with people like Omega, Danielson and the likes.
    At first I was gonna criticize Punk's current "happy to be here" routine, but you have make some great points in its defense. I have noticed that Punk has "lost a step" slightly, but it's probably mostly just general ring rust, and yeah, this might be the best way to work it out of his system.

Though I'm pretty eager for some proper feuds, mostly because he has so many young or less big guys he can elevate and AEW needs to elevate some talent, usher them up to the next level as far as in-ring work and promos, up their cred.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-25-2021 at 11:58 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I really think Punk would be best served in a group setting.

He cannot turn in 5 star classics with the jobber of the week like B Dazzler can.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

sounds like they really created a monster with charlotte. only themselves to blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That lol. Moose finally winning the title was the happy ending for me.
    good for you and other moose fans i guess. personally i hate when they do swerves like this. it's so........tna, which is the opposite of what they should be doing.

Former TNA star Jimmy Rave lost both of legs to MRSA. He already lost an arm to the same infection
    https://twitter.com/thejimmyrave/sta...938042373?s=21

This is so depressing. Poor guy
    damn.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-26-2021 at 11:23 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I really think this long complicated path to put the Impact World title on Moose is ...well ..it didn't help Moose really . The idea of this "forbidden door" relationship is to get your young star a win over a key guy. Basically they didn't achieve that very well. Christian losing to someone , who then drops it a couple minutes later is ...well it didn't benefit the Impact World title or Moose really. I'm glad he won of course but here I think they should have pushed for Omega to drop the title to Moose at Bound for Glory.

Yes AEW wanted a big title change for their 1st episode of Rampage in August. But here they should have approached it as ...we have to get SOMETHING MORE from this. Omega dropping the title to Christian doesn't do anything long term for our company. We have to push that Moose get this and be the guy Omega loses to. And we need it at our biggest show of the year.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I really think this long complicated path to put the Impact World title on Moose is ...well ..it didn't help Moose really . The idea of this "forbidden door" relationship is to get your young star a win over a key guy. Basically they didn't achieve that very well. Christian losing to someone , who then drops it a couple minutes later is ...well it didn't benefit the Impact World title or Moose really. I'm glad he won of course but here I think they should have pushed for Omega to drop the title to Moose at Bound for Glory.

Yes AEW wanted a big title change for their 1st episode of Rampage in August. But here they should have approached it as ...we have to get SOMETHING MORE from this. Omega dropping the title to Christian doesn't do anything long term for our company. We have to push that Moose get this and be the guy Omega loses to. And we need it at our biggest show of the year.
    that could've been nice but as the saying goes "beggars can't be choosers". they considered themselves lucky that aew would even work with them at all(and rightfully so) so they didn't really have control over that. however they did have control over the finish of their "biggest" ppv of the year and they just couldn't help themselves. they had a simple but very good story with alexander defeating christian in the main event of their big show, they should've just left it alone and started building towards moose vs alexander.

I realized I'm watching like every AEW show now (Dynamite, Rampage, Dark, Dark Elevation, Being the Elite, etc). Feels like a whole week of watching AEW but it's quite fun and rewarding. Danielson just was on Dark or Dark Elevation (I get those confused still).

Adam Cole had a great promo on Dark last night too, a promo that did a lot to state or reiterate the main ethos and mission statement of the Elite (this was a promo that really belonged on Dynamite IMHO). The promo kind of reminded me of the potholes Kevin Nash promo (but only slightly since it wasn't nearly so provocative or shoot-like).

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm disappointed that Ciampa retained. I really wanted Bron to win the belt

Props to NXT for keeping the Chunky and Steiner feud alive lol.

I read that Bryan vs Kingston was actually supposed to be be Bryan vs Archer, and I got to wondering: When was the last time an on-air (so not house show) in-match injury (& not ref mistake or anything else) changed the planned win/loss outcome of a match?

Austin vs Owen Summerslam 97 isn't one, Austin still won despite the injury.

Just did some research now, and apparently it might (possibly) have been: A May 2021 Dynamite where Orange Cassidy vs. Pac went to a double countout when it was supposed to go to a draw. Though you can argue to outcome really wasn't changed here. A WWE Nov 2020 women's Fatal 4-Way Qualifying Match might be the last one where the slated winner had to lose the match in a during-bout changed outcome.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-27-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

I'm disappointed that Ciampa retained. I really wanted Bron to win the belt

Props to NXT for keeping the Chunky and Steiner feud alive lol.
    I'm not sure they expected Bron to be as successful as he was so fast. He'll win the next time for sure I think.

Astonishing Member

Tegan Nox was supposed to win the Mae Young Classic (or at least make the finals) when she got injured during her match.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The push that Kofi got that became Kofi mania was originally for Mustafa Ali. Ali got concussed in a match against Orton and got sidelined for a month.

The push that Kofi got that became Kofi mania was originally for Mustafa Ali. Ali got concussed in a match against Orton and got sidelined for a month.
    Not entirely. Ali was supposed to be in the Chamber match, but it was supposed to be Bryan/Owens at Mania. The fan support for Kofi was so strong that they changed plans.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Well it appears Sinclair and ROH are now claiming they aren't shutting down the company. Earlier today it was detailed ROH wrestlers all would be released and the company would cease events after Final Battle. Now the company plans on relaunching the company in April 2022.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Impact Wrestling was just handed a nice gift though. They have their pickings of talent to get now. If I'm Impact I go after Briscoe brothers. They would add something to tag team ranks. They haven't been out of ROH in close to 20 years from an article I read a month or 2 ago. So them being free and able to work elsewhere be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Impact Wrestling was just handed a nice gift though. They have their pickings of talent to get now. If I'm Impact I go after Briscoe brothers. They would add something to tag team ranks. They haven't been out of ROH in close to 20 years from an article I read a month or 2 ago. So them being free and able to work elsewhere be nice.
    Their past comments have kind of killed any hope of them getting a spot in one of the bigger wrestling promotions. I can see Impact taking them, but I think that's pretty much their ceiling.

Considering a large chunk of their "name" talent right now are all Mexico-based, I'd assume most will just go back to those promotions. A lot of their talent are also working with the US NJPW brand, so they'll probably just stick with them. The only real wrestler they have I can see going anywhere "big" is, like, Lethal to AEW but that's about it.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans