Page 191 of 902 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 13529

"I ain't afraid of no budge."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think they're going to come back as a regular indy w/o contracts.

would be sad if this is the end. you guys remember ROHbots?? man those guys were the best, and by best i mean worst. good times though.
    With the state Sinclair is in, it sounds most likely.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

RoH tape library is up for sale

https://twitter.com/fightful/status/...678181381?s=21

Yup, they are finished

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Yup, they are finished
    Its very weird if you follow the article. Sinclair is trying to sell the 2012 to current library.

Who owns the library before ? And wouldn't that be the $$$ since it has Joe , Punk , Danielson and Rollins ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its very weird if you follow the article. Sinclair is trying to sell the 2012 to current library.

Who owns the library before ? And wouldn't that be the $$$ since it has Joe , Punk , Danielson and Rollins ?
    Sinclair purchased the company in 2012. Cary Silkin must own the library from before the purchase.

What I find interesting is that RoH owns the footage to All In. It would be some shit if the progenitor of AEW ended up in Vince hands

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-28-2021 at 10:44 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I haven't watched ROH since like 2009, I loved the 2002-2009 ROH. But it looks like I haven't missed much since then. With AEW around, they'll probably struggle. But I guess I hope they can find a way to live on and get back to what made them stand out in industry.
    hey do you remember the story of super dragon shoot monkey flipping an roh fan?? it was during the height of the czw vs roh feud and there was a worked brawl in the crowd between the czw and roh guys when a roh fan claims super dragon randomly monkey flipped him. ahhhh, truly the stuff of legend.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

My memories of Ring of Honor fans was one here , way ...way back before Sinclair bought the company or before Jarrett and Karen became a couple. It was like 2006 or 2007. He was like , TNA is going broke ! Its going outta business in X number of months. He was so sure of that.

If he's still around he's likely not happy with company possibly ending.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    hey do you remember the story of super dragon shoot monkey flipping an roh fan?? it was during the height of the czw vs roh feud and there was a worked brawl in the crowd between the czw and roh guys when a roh fan claims super dragon randomly monkey flipped him. ahhhh, truly the stuff of legend.
    I remember that feud, but I think that a was a hair pulling thing that got twisted or exaggerated into a claim that Super Dragon did something more. No footage supporting that I believe. ROH fans really didn't like Super Dragon though.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-29-2021 at 07:21 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

RoH bots were the AEW fans of their day. They were insufferable

Yup, they are finished
    Sinclair purchased the company in 2012. Cary Silkin must own the library from before the purchase.
    I kind of call BS on this. It's saying that the tape library has been up for a bit now. For one, we would have heard about this prior to all the current ROH stuff going down. Second, even if the tape library is from 2012 and up, 2012/2013 was when Owens and Cole were the focal points of the brand. Both were still employed by WWE at the time the tape library supposedly went up, along with others still with WWE at time like reDRagon and even Styles. Unless the asking price was ludicrously high, WWE would have bought that up in a heartbeat.

And even if WWE didn't want it, AEW surely did. The Elite were running rampant over ROH post-2012 and would have been included on those tapes. Not to mention All In. At some point AEW is going to want to put out "best of" compilations or start their own streaming service and, as a company without a long history to draw on, would need something like this to pad their library.

What I find interesting is that RoH owns the footage to All In.
    Cody and the Bucks were ROH contracted talent at the time, so ROH had to give the approval for it and own the rights to it. Not to mention the only reason they were able to get people like Okada and Ibushi were because of ROH's working relationship with NJPW.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Speaking of video libraries, I hope AEW doesn't underestimate how many wrestling fans still love to buy wrestling DVDs. ROH did a great of job with commercially mastered DVD releases that were 1) shows, 2) Best Of comps, etc, and if AEW were wise, they'd eventually do like Best of Dynamite/Rampage DVDs, and Best of Kenny Omega and Best of Young Bucks, Danielson, or Best of 2019, 2020, etc.

AEW so far only doing PPV DVDs (DVD-R burned on demand, which greatly sucks) is simply not sufficient.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-29-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I wish that AEW would make their backlog available online somewhere. Being bank rolled by Warner why can't old PPVs and Dynamite be available on HBO Max?

I wish that AEW would make their backlog available online somewhere. Being bank rolled by Warner why can't old PPVs and Dynamite be available on HBO Max?
    ... I would finally subscribe to HBO Max if AEW PPVs are on there.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I wish AEW would buy ROH.