Page 193 of 902 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Sounds like Sinclair is still going to produce an ROH show anyway, they are just going back to how it was without the guaranteed contracts, and they'll bring in random available indy workers for tapings.
    That's good I guess if TNA can come back so can ROH.

I don’t think there’s any real cause for alarm yet, but if we’re talking about things they could do purely as a what if, then I think it might benefit them to link up with another weaker promotion if things get that bad. Promotions like GFW, RKK, or ICW.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    AEW uses the youtube shows for their developmental. Why would AEW need a sister brand for? That's money that doesn't need to be spend.
    agreed.

for those who've been clamoring to see punk in a proper feud, looks like you might get your wish. while personally i'd prefer to see him just go away if a good feud is what people want to see kingston's a good pick though the outcome may be obvious. i doubt punk will have a good as match in ring as brianson did with kingston the drama should be intense.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-30-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I don’t think there’s any real cause for alarm yet, but if we’re talking about things they could do purely as a what if, then I think it might benefit them to link up with another weaker promotion if things get that bad. Promotions like GFW, RKK, or ICW.
    seriously?? i mean i understand playing it cool but damn, they released their entire roster. if that's not cause for alarm idk what is.

They said they were taking a hiatus for the first quarter of 2022 and that their roster can sign elsewhere immediately. It would be a bad move for them not to release their roster if there wasn’t going to be any paying work.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They said they were taking a hiatus for the first quarter of 2022 and that their roster can sign elsewhere immediately. It would be a bad move for them not to release their roster if there wasn’t going to be any paying work.
    Between releasing talent and selling off the video library they will have to rebuild from scratch if they actually return. I don't see Sinclair being up for that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The WWE are no longer signing indie stars and going back to the old method they used to find Cena and Batista.

- As far as AEW buying Ring of Honor...the advantages would be the following.

-

- Khan would get the Sinclair tape library. There are a number of stars in his company that worked in Ring of Honor. So having a big tape library helps him. He can do what Anthem does and set up a streaming platform for ROH and AEW.

This would be the biggest reason to buy ROH.

- Khan can go to Sinclair that for an ok tv fee they will get Ring of Honor and...AEW Dark programming on Sinclair stations. Sinclair would likely do this not having to imvest in wrestling business anymore but getting cheap programming.

- I believe ROH has a warehouse location or facility they film at. Khan can save costs on Dark filming at Universal Studios and move the tapings there as well. Just change set design etc for each brand.

- Khan can send talent that need tv time and makeover there. Like Arn Anderson's son to work in a different place.

ROH can be used as a farm league ala NXT with events they usually run.

The only question is....would Khan do this ?
    I would probably just limit it to buying the tape library and enjoying the benefits of being able to match ROH highlights for it’s known talent with the AEW stuff in joint packages - and perhaps work a deal with NJPW to get in on that as well.

I mena, just picture being able to match Punk’s ROH exit with his AEW return…
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

A hiatus? Like Lucha Underground used to do? Well, we all know what happened to Lucha Underground.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I would probably just limit it to buying the tape library and enjoying the benefits of being able to match ROH highlights for it’s known talent with the AEW stuff in joint packages - and perhaps work a deal with NJPW to get in on that as well.

I mena, just picture being able to match Punk’s ROH exit with his AEW return…

They won't be getting that in this film library. The Sinclair library is from 2012 to current. Punk's exit is owned by Silken or someone else and not part of this since it took place years earlier.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Tegan Nox was supposed to win the Mae Young Classic (or at least make the finals) when she got injured during her match.
    Nah, that was a nonsense rumour back then and it's just as much of a nonsense to consider it true now. No way was she winning that tournament.

ROH is only selling the 2012 to 2020 tapes. Which has some current AEW people. The pre 2011 tape library is the gold mine. Even the 2012 library would give AEW a content boost.

ROH valuation back in 2016 was "too much" for Kahn to buy then. AEW needs to become fiscally solvent first. They are not WWE and can't just buy stuff whenever it fancies them.

DA MELTZ outlined 3 years ago why Khan said no to buying Impact (another "too high" valuation).

They might be rich but they are not stupid.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-30-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

and this is no cause for alarm?? are you doing an orange cassidy gimmick or something??

I'd say with Sinclair wanting to sell the tape library (which in this day is gold for companies) , allowing all their contract talent to leave and pausing the promotion....Khan could get it all way , waaaay cheaper than the 2016 price.

That is if he wants to do that deal.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    and this is no cause for alarm?? are you doing an orange cassidy gimmick or something??
    It must take very little to get you in a panic. Do you know how many times I have heard people light a candle for TNA over the years? They’re still here.
    Based on what I can tell without actual research, ROH has always seemed to have a more consistent fanbase than TNA, so if TNA can survive, I think we can wait until ROH gives us a more definitive announcement.

It must take very little to get you in a panic. Do you know how many times I have heard people light a candle for TNA over the years? They’re still here.
    Based on what I can tell without actual research, ROH has always seemed to have a more consistent fanbase than TNA, so if TNA can survive, I think we can wait until ROH gives us a more definitive announcement.
    Difference is , TNA/Impact never actually released all their contracted wrestlers , was actively for a year tried to sell its tape library (at sale TNA did have it for sale) and pause the company for 5-6 months due to issues.

The big worry is ...Ring of Honor may not come back from this. They could finally just decide , well its done. We don't have wrestlers anymore and we'd have to restart it all from scratch again and its too much.