Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1061
  1. #16
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I really hope they filmed KENTA/Mox at the US Dojo so we can get the belt off him and move on. I love Mox, but he's clearly prioritizing AEW over NJPW. They need to get the belt off him.



    For now. He still has to make it past Jay White.

    Even if he doesn't, though, he'll always be in the record books as IWGP champion.
    Mox not working NJPW is not his fault. Japan his strict travel restrictions and Mox AEW contract forbids him from working New Japan US shows. I bet Mox would appear in the US show if it wasn't for the latter.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Mox not working NJPW is not his fault. Japan his strict travel restrictions and Mox AEW contract forbids him from working New Japan US shows. I bet Mox would appear in the US show if it wasn't for the latter.
    Mox isn't even AEW champion anymore. He couldn't have traveled to Japan after he dropped the belt to Omega, did the quarantine, and dropped the belt at Wrestle Kingdom? He would have been off of AEW shows for, like, a month if that. But he's scheduled for Dynamite this Wednesday, so clearly he prioritized them over NJPW.

    Also, he could have filmed the match at the US Dojo and they could air it on night 2 of Wrestle Kingdom or at New Year's Dash. It wouldn't be on the US show then.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  3. #18

    Default

    Considering WWE's history of bringing in ex-WCW stars just to bury them, what is Vince's obsession with Goldberg?
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  4. #19
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Considering WWE's history of bringing in ex-WCW stars just to bury them, what is Vince's obsession with Goldberg?
    The brief that he has no stars on the current roster and needs to dig into the past to get one.

  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The brief that he has no stars on the current roster and needs to dig into the past to get one.
    Maybe they don't have stars on the current roster because they keep having them lose to old stars? And casual audiences won't view them as such because of that?

    Well, that and their overall booking, but you get the point.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  6. #21
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Considering WWE's history of bringing in ex-WCW stars just to bury them, what is Vince's obsession with Goldberg?
    Goldberg is the monster face , Vince spent a few years screwing up to create. The closest he came was with Ryback years earlier and he ruined that with shit booking where he made the guy look like an idiot. By the end people lost caring as Ryback could have been a serious monster face if booked better for the company.

    The only real issue now is Goldberg is too old to matter. If this was WCW peak era Goldberg ...then you let that sob run the table awhile and build a monster heel to finally snap it. But when your sacrificing the young roster to him it kills it. The Fiend is one that never should have lost to Goldberg. It killed that momentum the character was gaining as an unstoppable force. (You build someone up on your roster to handle Fiend , not bring in an old timer. In fact you let the old timer put over Fiend to show what a f---n monster you have !)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  7. #22
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    11,673

    Default

    Braun, Fiend, hell even Roman is who they should be building up ... not Greenberg.

    EDIT to add:

    Did you guys see that Mick Foley got COVID?
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-05-2021 at 02:56 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  8. #23
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Maybe they don't have stars on the current roster because they keep having them lose to old stars? And casual audiences won't view them as such because of that?

    Well, that and their overall booking, but you get the point.
    They might not have Rock level stars, but I do think the WWE has a variety of stars who the general public would recognize. Off the top of my head: Cena, Batista, Bellas, Stacy Keibler, Big Show, Jesse Ventura (why haven't they brought him back), etc

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Cena, Batista, Bellas, Stacy Keibler, Big Show, Jesse Ventura
    None of them are current wrestlers. Big Show maybe, but that's a stretch at this point.
    Last Read: Vinland Saga vol. 8

    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman/Catwoman, Batman/Superman, Daredevil, The Flash, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon Legion of Superheroes, Runaways, Strange Adventures, Superman

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    9,698

    Default

    And Jesse Ventura would not come back if they asked. He hates Vince ever since he tried to unionize and Vince got Hogan to keep it from happening.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  11. #26
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And Jesse Ventura would not come back if they asked. He hates Vince ever since he tried to unionize and Vince got Hogan to keep it from happening.
    He refereed the main event of Summerlsam 1999, that was many years after the stuff you mention.

    Offer Ventura the right money and of course he'd come back. The only question is if Vince would want to ask him back again, not whether he'd come back.

  12. #27
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    9,584

    Default

    I remember Ventura coming back a couple of years ago for an old school Raw and did commentary with Vince for the main-event battle royal.

  13. #28
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    None of them are current wrestlers. Big Show maybe, but that's a stretch at this point.
    Yeah but it's not like the Legends are coming back to wrestle either.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member chachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    So 2 things you didn't think you would hear / see on a wrestling show: Jim Ross saying Its nothing but a G thang, and Snoop Dogg doing a really lame frog splash, or as Jim Ross called it a "Snoop Splash" lol

  15. #30
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    15,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And Jesse Ventura would not come back if they asked. He hates Vince ever since he tried to unionize and Vince got Hogan to keep it from happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    He refereed the main event of Summerlsam 1999, that was many years after the stuff you mention.

    Offer Ventura the right money and of course he'd come back. The only question is if Vince would want to ask him back again, not whether he'd come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I remember Ventura coming back a couple of years ago for an old school Raw and did commentary with Vince for the main-event battle royal.
    Ventura is at an age where he doesn't really need to do anything he doesn't care for. He tried unionizing the business in late 1980's and it didn't work. He moved on from it and has came back.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •