Page 203 of 902 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253303703 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That ... Was one of the best PPVs I have seen in years.
    i'm going to watch tomorrow. want to enjoy with a beer in hand. if aew did ppv on sundays(my night off) i'd end up spending a lot more money.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A few days ago there was fans of AEW wanting them to redo the classic Dreamer/Raven program. Where Tommy never won for 3 years but that is very hard to really do to keep people watching where you finally deliver that pay off years later . Plus the fact Omega from what people told me awhile back is needing to take time off to heal up. Because he's been working non-stop a year or 2.

I think the program helped Impact a little (the whole getting the belt to Moose didn't help...just have Omega lose to him really) and really gave a AEW long term heel champion to carry things awhile. Plus it helped get the company out of ex-WWE guys being World Champion. So Omega's title reign did a lot. Its like things really hit another "gear" where we had companies working together and then Sting , Show , Bryan Danielson , and CM Punk sign with a year.

The big pressure now is ...what top heels will be who Page gets ? I'd think its natural MJF will finally get that. Then you have Miro possibly. With Omega gone awhile to heal up , they will need some top heels ahead. (I can see Adam Cole taking on leadership now while Omega is gone)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Punk is looking like he is turning.

Cole seems like a natural 1st defense. MJF should be Page's final IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Cole could also serve as a “double-hook” for story - if he and the Bucks turn on Kenny, then he and Kenny can have a feud spinning out of Cole failing to beat Page if Kenny keeps the Bucks from interfering on his behalf.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

But isn't Danielson the #1 contender now? I can see AEW doing a face vs. face program, at least in the short term.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But isn't Danielson the #1 contender now? I can see AEW doing a face vs. face program, at least in the short term.
    Danielson should go first, as a face vs face match that Oage proves himself in again, then the heels can come.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Fantastic Member

Well his first defense is against Bryan...but I think Adam Cole, Cody Rhodes, and CM Punk should be his feuds. I wouldn't mind seeing an Eddie Kingston or John Silver work as transitional champions for MJF because Page should be chasing MJF not MJF beating Page

Ultimate Member

It's funny watching ROH tv, knowing that the company only has a few months left and all...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Well his first defense is against Bryan...but I think Adam Cole, Cody Rhodes, and CM Punk should be his feuds. I wouldn't mind seeing an Eddie Kingston or John Silver work as transitional champions for MJF because Page should be chasing MJF not MJF beating Page
    MJF is the guy I see beating Page. They have some history together (Page being the guy MJF beat for the diamond ring) and he's one of the strongest booked heels in the company. If Page drops to anyone it should be him

why are people saying wwe is done with indie names? That is blatantly untrue

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    They can do this for sure. To get Cole ready for a heel run awhile leading the Elite. That with Omega out , Cole decides to make his push. It makes a lot of sense to feud Cole vs Page next since its an Elite involved.

Punk won't turn heel yet , not for awhile. He still has programs against MJF , Cole , Omega and Black likely ahead as a face. Til he turns heel. Which I'd say will be a major heel turn and likely be what we saw with Omega where he turned heel last December.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    why are people saying wwe is done with indie names? That is blatantly untrue
    Months ago the company's new rules for NXT was basically :

- No one over age 30 will be signed any longer for NXT.

- No one under 6'0 will be signed.

- The WWE will no longer sign indie stars in the old mind set of what we saw with Roderick Strong , Champa , Joe , Cole etc. The NXT brand will now be a developmental brand to create their stars.

Sure the WWE may sign an indie star for main brand. But given the depth of talent they still have and the rules for NXT now ....its doubtful we see that.

andre chase, carmello hayes, msk,Duke hudson, gigi dolin and more are all indie names that are getting used well. Cameron Grimes is still getting his push. roderick strong is getting a push still and Joe gacy is a major name in nxt 2.0 and is still using his name from the indies

According to konnan's podcast, the people just released by wwe were due to 2 reasons. 1 was that most were unvacinated, with the others released asked for their release before

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    andre chase, carmello hayes, msk,Duke hudson, gigi dolin and more are all indie names that are getting used well. Cameron Grimes is still getting his push. roderick strong is getting a push still and Joe gacy is a major name in nxt 2.0 and is still using his name from the indies
    Isn't Strong's contract coming to an end soon as well ? The ones pushed here are likely the last phase of the NXT we see really as the company develops its own set of talent in NXT. The ones left will either move up or be fired at some stage. Likely in 2022.