Page 204 of 902 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 13529

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Isn't Strong's contract coming to an end soon as well ? The ones pushed here are likely the last phase of the NXT we see really as the company develops its own set of talent in NXT. The ones left will either move up or be fired at some stage. Likely in 2022.
    Strong signed a new three year deal this year

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But isn't Danielson the #1 contender now? I can see AEW doing a face vs. face program, at least in the short term.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Danielson should go first, as a face vs face match that Oage proves himself in again, then the heels can come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nods View Post
    Well his first defense is against Bryan...but I think Adam Cole, Cody Rhodes, and CM Punk should be his feuds. I wouldn't mind seeing an Eddie Kingston or John Silver work as transitional champions for MJF because Page should be chasing MJF not MJF beating Page
    I forgot ADBD was for #1 contender, not a shot later.

Hmm ... this kind of means shenanigans against Bryan, doesn't it? He needs a reason to leave to Japan ... Chaos is running around AEW right now. Hmm ...

I still would book Cole ahead of ADBD for Page; American Dragon and CM Punk are too hot to lose right now. Save that rub. Maybe a dusty finish involving Omega, Cole, Bucks (they all fight and start betraying each other) causing Page to win?

It has been rumored that Bryan and Cole are expected to work a long program next but Bryan has been rumored to be working with Okada. Putting the title on Bryan makes sense for that but that means Page gets a really short run. I'm not sure which was they're going to go now.

It is nice to see a company with so many options that aren't obvious.

Aside from that, the only thing I didn't like last night was the Rhodes stuff with Black. Very weak compared to the rest of the card; even the Inner Circle mob fight & women's tag was better. It still was an excellent match, just the weakest on an A+ card.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-14-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The best aspect of AEW is the company doesn't do short title changes. They usually let their guys carry at least 6-7 months and makes the title look legit better with guys carrying a long while. They have had Jericho , Moxley , Omega and Page now. That is 4 champions in 3+ years and its a bet Page will go into 2022 as Champion.

If the company does decide to move the belt off Page in say a 3 way dance or something to get the belt to Bryan ...yeah that could make sense. Some way after 2022 though is when I'd say they do it. For now Page likely will get a program or 2 before he drops the belt.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The best aspect of AEW is the company doesn't do short title changes. They usually let their guys carry at least 6-7 months and makes the title look legit better with guys carrying a long while.
    Surprise title changes in short reigns can help the main event title scene be unpredictable. You don't want title matches to be too predictable because you know the champion isn't gonna lose because AEW only does long title reigns.

Page vs Danielson my guess will be a just a situation where Danielson I think loses to Page to help build up his legitimacy. I don't know that they will complicate it any more than that.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Surprise title changes in short reigns can help the main event title scene be unpredictable. You don't want title matches to be too predictable because you know the champion isn't gonna lose because AEW only does long title reigns.

Page vs Danielson my guess will be a just a situation where Danielson I think loses to Page to help build up his legitimacy. I don't know that they will complicate it any more than that.

There is doing that but at times "hot shoting" the belt around doesn't help or build a star they need. AEW wants to make Hangman Page a star for their brand and company. Hot shot belt moving to Danielson doesn't help Page. Hangman is 30 years old. Bryan Danielson is discussing a final contract and could change his mind. Who is the worth more on creating long term right now ? Its Page...so he has to carry awhile and get him on a level. I'm not against Page dropping the belt after awhile ...but you have to give him time and let him have a run.

With all Omega and Khan have spent time wise booking to Page to build him for this run , he can't be short changed right now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I know I'm in the minority of this, but I just don't think Omega and Page click in the ring. The ending was the right call, and it was a great moment, but the match itself was lacking and they just don't gel well together. I felt the same after their tournament finals last year. They were fantastic as a tag team, though.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Omega will be out with a shoulder injury. He revealed that he has been wrestling with vertigo since 2018
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/r...-hurt-shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Omega will be out with a shoulder injury. He revealed that he has been wrestling with vertigo since 2018
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/r...-hurt-shoulder
    Kingston is out, too.

Hope Eddie heals up soon.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

I wonder that whenever Roman finally loses the title if it'll be to just one guy in the sense that it'll be a one on one type of match or whether others from the back will get involved and all of the guys that he's stepped on to stay champ will come back to help him lose the belt in some fashion...kind of like how the Uso's have helped him keep the title...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I know I'm in the minority of this, but I just don't think Omega and Page click in the ring. The ending was the right call, and it was a great moment, but the match itself was lacking and they just don't gel well together. I felt the same after their tournament finals last year. They were fantastic as a tag team, though.
    My thoughts exactly.

I didn't think the match "flow" was great.

It wasn't a bad match but I'm not sure Omega and Page have chemistry.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder that whenever Roman finally loses the title if it'll be to just one guy in the sense that it'll be a one on one type of match or whether others from the back will get involved and all of the guys that he's stepped on to stay champ will come back to help him lose the belt in some fashion...kind of like how the Uso's have helped him keep the title...
    I wonder who Roman can even lose the belt too at this point. He's already beaten the guy who could have done it (Balor) and Big E is already WWE champion.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I wonder who Roman can even lose the belt too at this point. He's already beaten the guy who could have done it (Balor) and Big E is already WWE champion.
    He'll probably drop it to Mcintyre since he's back on Smackdown now.

Ultimate Member

I would love to see him lose it in a no dq match and have everybody that he and the Uso's stepped on to keep the belt show up and beat Roman silly, finding out that he only has the Uso's in his corner, and wondering if they're going to build up to Paul betraying him for someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I didn't think the match "flow" was great.

It wasn't a bad match but I'm not sure Omega and Page have chemistry.
    They're a bid slapdash in the ring together but I find that to be a part of their charm personally. They're not a complimentary type combo like Sting/Flair, HBK/Hart, & Tanahashi/Okada or gelled combo like Rock/Austin, Cena/Orton, & Jericho/Punk. They're more like a Foley/Undertaker, Credible/Douglas, & Roberts/Steamboat ... clashing styles that actually look really cool together.

IMHO clashing styles tend to make better tag teams (which I wish they were together longer).

Random aside:
    CRAZY RUMOR going around that Page is going to take over the Elite and kick out Omega.

I don't buy it ... sounds a bit Russo-esque to me.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-15-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Random aside:
    CRAZY RUMOR going around that Page is going to take over the Elite and kick out Omega.

I don't buy it ... sounds a bit Russo-esque to me.
    I don't see it happening, but if it did it would match Bullet Club history. The Bucks turned on Devitt to remove him as leader. The Bucks and Omega turned on Styles to remove him as leader. Jay White never got that honor because of how The Elite left, but if The Bucks turn on Omega it would be consistent with the history of the group.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans